GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Red Mist falls on Kildare and Laois?

+4
Jayo Cluxton
Boxtyeater
bald eagle
Loyal2TheRoyal
8 posters

Go down

Red Mist falls on Kildare and Laois? Empty Red Mist falls on Kildare and Laois?

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:41 pm

Six players sent off before half-time? Is this true?
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath
Number of posts : 3089

Back to top Go down

Red Mist falls on Kildare and Laois? Empty Re: Red Mist falls on Kildare and Laois?

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:53 pm

Seven players sent off in total.

Four for Laois, three for Kildare.
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath
Number of posts : 3089

Back to top Go down

Red Mist falls on Kildare and Laois? Empty Re: Red Mist falls on Kildare and Laois?

Post  bald eagle Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:19 pm

Seriously? Sweet Lord, there'll be hell to pay for both counties after that!!! Any reports available on the game Loyal?

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire
Number of posts : 2746

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:19 pm

Something in the air down that neck of the woods today folks, Junior Boxty 1 (35) receives his first red card of his career Red Mist falls on Kildare and Laois? Icon_pale

A "lazy tackle" he informs me....at soccerball to boot... Red Mist falls on Kildare and Laois? Icon_redface Red Mist falls on Kildare and Laois? Icon_redface
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:20 pm

Strange alright. Kildare were a renowned overly physical team for years ... the last couple of years has seen new management and a return to skilful free flowing football and discipline. And now this ........
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:23 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:Strange alright. Kildare were a renowned overly physical team for years ... the last couple of years has seen new management and a return to skilful free flowing football and discipline. And now this ........

Red Mist falls on Kildare and Laois? Icon_lol Red Mist falls on Kildare and Laois? Icon_lol
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  KerryKatriona Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:54 pm

Seven sent off is a disgrace. Imagine if it was Paul Galvin there would be uproar but as usual because it involves well connected Leinster counties you will hear no more about it.
KerryKatriona
KerryKatriona
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Kerry
Number of posts : 492

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:16 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:Strange alright. Kildare were a renowned overly physical team for years ... the last couple of years has seen new management and a return to skilful free flowing football and discipline. And now this ........

i blame Mick ODwyer, he put the wheels in motion putting a nasty streak into both counties in the early part of the last decade. No coincidence that it was the team he managed last that got most of the red cards, Geezer has done a good job getting the kildare boys to concentrate on football.

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:31 pm

samin10 wrote:
i blame Mick ODwyer, he put the wheels in motion putting a nasty streak into both counties in the early part of the last decade. No coincidence that it was the team he managed last that got most of the red cards, Geezer has done a good job getting the kildare boys to concentrate on football.

Well said Samin - someone had to say it. Its no coincidence either that the same man managed the county that now boasts Mr Galvin. I wait in trepidation to see if Wicklow's fine disciplinary record suffers.....

I'd say Geezer is sick as a dog today. You teach these fellas all the finer things about the game, the skills, the niceties - and then this happens!
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:42 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:
samin10 wrote:

Well said Samin - someone had to say it. Its no coincidence either that the same man managed the county that now boasts Mr Galvin. I wait in trepidation to see if Wicklow's fine disciplinary record suffers.....

I'd say Geezer is sick as a dog today. You teach these fellas all the finer things about the game, the skills, the niceties - and then this happens!

correct

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:45 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:
samin10 wrote:

Geezer has done a great job changing the Kildare players mindset. I would say Dublin will want him in next to try and stop the players from shitting themselves when they realise its August and they're still playing championship football.

Back to top Go down

Post  KerryKatriona Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:49 pm

I forgot that he was in charge of Kildare. Sad to see this kind of thing spread southwards but only to be expected really. I dread this type of thing creeping into the proud footballing county of Galway too but I won't hold my breath.
KerryKatriona
KerryKatriona
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Kerry
Number of posts : 492

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:02 pm

KerryKatriona wrote:I forgot that he was in charge of Kildare. Sad to see this kind of thing spread southwards but only to be expected really. I dread this type of thing creeping into the proud footballing county of Galway too but I won't hold my breath.

Galway and Kildare both need a bit of guts and backbone put into them. Kildare and Galway people are just a bit smarter than your average southerners and a bit quicker to realise that appointing nordies as managers is the way forward. Sure didnt Kerry copy the nodie style in 2004 to win the all-ireland.

Back to top Go down

Post  wingforward90 Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:03 pm

'Kerry copy the nodie style in 2004 to win the all-ireland.'

Correct!

wingforward90
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Galway
Number of posts : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:57 pm

samin10 wrote:
Jayo Cluxton wrote:
samin10 wrote:

Geezer has done a great job changing the Kildare players mindset. I would say Dublin will want him in next to try and stop the players from shitting themselves when they realise its August and they're still playing championship football.

Yeah great samin roll over and die when they see a Dublin jersey
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2954

Back to top Go down

Post  patrique Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:13 pm

samin10 wrote:
KerryKatriona wrote:I forgot that he was in charge of Kildare. Sad to see this kind of thing spread southwards but only to be expected really. I dread this type of thing creeping into the proud footballing county of Galway too but I won't hold my breath.

Galway and Kildare both need a bit of guts and backbone put into them. Kildare and Galway people are just a bit smarter than your average southerners and a bit quicker to realise that appointing nordies as managers is the way forward. Sure didnt Kerry copy the nodie style in 2004 to win the all-ireland.

They did indeed.

But they did it around 13th October 1905 to win the 1903 title, after three games, against.............Kildare.
patrique
patrique
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Antrim
Number of posts : 2424

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:16 pm

all hand bags really

Back to top Go down

Post  wingforward90 Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:47 pm

[/quote] Yeah great samin roll over and die when they see a Dublin jersey[/quote]

ah come on now, Kildare were unlucky to lose that LF last year. If they had properly thought out the situation with the extra man the result could have been different. If I were a Dublin man, Kildare would be the team I would fear this year in Leinster.

wingforward90
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Galway
Number of posts : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:51 pm

wingforward90 wrote:
Yeah great samin roll over and die when they see a Dublin jersey[/quote]

ah come on now, Kildare were unlucky to lose that LF last year. If they had properly thought out the situation with the extra man the result could have been different. If I were a Dublin man, Kildare would be the team I would fear this year in Leinster.[/quote]

Kildare are making huge progress no doubt. There are definitely a serious threat to Dublin's 6 in a row or whatever it is. The way the draw is they would meet in the final - I would prefer Dublin to meet Kildare in QF - and get beaten!!!
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:55 pm

mullins wrote:
samin10 wrote:
Jayo Cluxton wrote:
samin10 wrote:

Yeah great samin roll over and die when they see a Dublin jersey

A bit like the Dubs do when they see a jersey that is not from Leinster

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:07 pm

samin10 wrote:

If only Dublin had the guts to appoint a Nordie manager that would help them during their 'August Troubles' Samin, then they would be kings!

Knowing them they would likely appoint true blue David Jeffrey!!!! Red Mist falls on Kildare and Laois? Icon_razz

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:11 pm

bald eagle wrote:
samin10 wrote:

If only Dublin had the guts to appoint a Nordie manager that would help them during their 'August Troubles' Samin, then they would be kings!

Knowing them they would likely appoint true blue David Jeffrey!!!! Red Mist falls on Kildare and Laois? Icon_razz

Oh dear oh dear - a Derry man commenting on Dublin's lack of success..... Red Mist falls on Kildare and Laois? Icon_rolleyes
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:16 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:
bald eagle wrote:
samin10 wrote:

Oh dear oh dear - a Derry man commenting on Dublin's lack of success..... Red Mist falls on Kildare and Laois? Icon_rolleyes

And a Dublin man trying to belittle others! Red Mist falls on Kildare and Laois? Icon_cry

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:33 pm

bald eagle wrote:
Jayo Cluxton wrote:
bald eagle wrote:
samin10 wrote:

And a Dublin man trying to belittle others! Red Mist falls on Kildare and Laois? Icon_cry

Belittle???? Red Mist falls on Kildare and Laois? Icon_scratch
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down