GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

World Challenge

2 posters

Go down

World Challenge Empty World Challenge

Post  SamiPremier08 Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:51 pm

As you probably know from the previous thread, I was among 72 applicants for my school's inaugural World Challenge expedition and have been selected as a member of a group of 25 students who will take part in a 28 day expedition to Zambia and Malawi in July 2011.

The trip is run through the World Challenge organisation (a registered charity) and will be planned and lead entirely by the group with moderate guidance from an expedition leader and three teachers.

The expedition will be involve a trekking phase plus some leisure activity but, most importantly includes 10 days of manual and charity work in the local African communities. We will be working in the likes schools, orphanages and community centres helping them in work such as refurbishment, building fences and teaching the children. I even hope to be able to take a few hurleys with me!

You may be wondering why organisation for a trip which is some 2 years away is beginning now. The main reason for this is that we must pay for the expedition entirely through fund raising - each member of the group needs to raise £3500 over the next 22 months. This will be achieved through group and individual fund raising work.

To help in raising my personal funds I will be writing to my friends, family and contacts asking if they would be willing to sponsor me on the expedition. As this forum takes up quite a proportion of my free time, I thought it might be worthwhile to write about the expedition on here as well.

If any users would be willing to make a donation to help me in my fund raising, it would be hugely appreciated and I would happily keep you informed of all the hard work that is going on over here with the World Challenge preparations.

Please send me a PM for more information.

Thank you,

Sammy
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary
Number of posts : 2682

Back to top Go down

World Challenge Empty Re: World Challenge

Post  Guest Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:57 pm

I'm so proud of my Sami! Sad Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Well done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:12 pm

What happened the other thread Sami? Keep us informed - we'll get you there. You can do a version of 'I'm a Pocklington Celebrity - Get Me Out of Here!'
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  SamiPremier08 Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:44 am

Jayo Cluxton wrote:What happened the other thread Sami? Keep us informed - we'll get you there. You can do a version of 'I'm a Pocklington Celebrity - Get Me Out of Here!'

they wouldn't be many people in it!

Harry Matthews (boxer)
Rob Webber (London Wasps rugby union player)
William Wilberforce (deceased) (abolisher of slavery)
Paul Banks (Shed Seven guitarist and guitar teacher in Pocklington)
Michael Woods (Chelsea and England U21s player)
Matt Brash (local vet - star of TV's Zoo Vet At Large)
Adrian Edmondson (comedian - star of The Young Ones)
Ralph Ineson (comedian - star of The Office)
Andy Strangeway (first man to sleep on all of Scotland's notable islands)
Sir Tom Stoppard MBE (writer of Shakespeare in Love)
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary
Number of posts : 2682

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down