GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are Irish People the nicest people of all?

+3
bocerty
SamiPremier08
6inarow
7 posters

Go down

Are Irish people the nicest of all people sa Domhan?

Are Irish People the nicest people of all? Tag1043%Are Irish People the nicest people of all? Tag10 43% 
[ 3 ]
Are Irish People the nicest people of all? Tag1057%Are Irish People the nicest people of all? Tag10 57% 
[ 4 ]

Total Votes : 7

Poll closed

Are Irish People the nicest people of all? Empty Are Irish People the nicest people of all?

Post  Guest Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:03 pm

I think that may well be!

I was coming home from Dublin the last day, on the train, and an elderly woman came and sat beside me. 'Dreadful weather,' says she. 'Sure we're all flooded in Galway,' says I. And we continued chinwagging from there, until she got off at Kildare. This was the Saturday of the Ireland Rugby match and as usual, the train was thronged with lads, young and old. I turned back to my study, when I heard a voice next to me asking me where I was from-'Mayo, of course.' Turns out the fella beside me is from the same part! Him, his friends and I talked the whole journey-GAA, Christmas, exams you name it we chatted about it. Ya couldn't have met a nicer bunch of lads.

I remember in the Summer, coming home from the Mayo and Meath match, which also coinsided with the Kilkenny and Waterford match. We were on the bus and this Kilkenny and Galway lad come sit beside us and comiserate with us over the Match. And there it started, Dublin to Galway we chatted about the match, Climate Change, literally everything and what started off as a terrible day, ended on a good note!

Take for example everyone on this site:
Jayo: Decent 'oul fella, even if he's from Dubberland Razz
Sami: Probably the nicest teen ya could meet! Wink
Richy: Don't know where to begin with this fella!
Boxtyeater: A treasure trove for information-and just good for an 'oul laugh. Reminds me of a true Irish country man-you should have been from Mayo! Razz
Mossy: Seems to hate Mayo, but in reality loves it! Very funny fella
Bocerty: Funny, funny guy!
Loyally: Funny in his quirky and sarcastic ways!
3inarow08: He's new, but instantly likeable!
RMD: Acts like a hardman, but really a little teddy inside! He's funny too!
and numerous others......

Not one person on this site is unfriendly or weird-indicative of the Irish people as a whole?

I think I'll put a poll up on this, to get the general concensus on this possibly provocative issue!

What do ye think: YAY OR NAY?

Back to top Go down

Are Irish People the nicest people of all? Empty Re: Are Irish People the nicest people of all?

Post  6inarow Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:32 pm

I'd say yes, on my many trips over (mainly to Dublin the past few times) I've sat down in the pub with my mate and just got talking to people and four hours and however many rounds later you're like long lost relatives. Met a great Dublin couple in The Ha'penny Bridge one time, told us where to spend our night and what to see the next day etc, after a few hours chatting we almost dragged them along with us but the auld fella was on a promise he told us! Just this summer I was over with a mate for the All Ireland, just to watch it in the pub and got talking to two lads, one from Roscommon and the other from Tipp, must have spent about 6 hours with them, great lads altogether. You can have a good time anywhere but it's the people I seem to bump into over there that always make it worth going back.

6inarow
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Galway
Number of posts : 263

Back to top Go down

Are Irish People the nicest people of all? Empty Re: Are Irish People the nicest people of all?

Post  SamiPremier08 Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:41 pm

Yes without a doubt.

Coming across an Irish person in England is like coming across an Oasis in the desert.

The Irish are the friendliest, funniest and most sociable people you could ever hope to meet.
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary
Number of posts : 2682

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:12 pm

i would think so - no matter were you go in Ireland you'll always meet someone to talk too almost everyone acknowledges you in some way when they meet you in the street or in the pub etc.

If you go across the water you'd be lucky to find someone who would even make eye contact with you.

A nicer breed of people you couldnt meet (with the odd exception)
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:52 pm

SamiPremier08 wrote:
Coming across an Irish person in England is like coming across an Oasis in the desert.

I came across Oasis having dessert and they were even half Irish.

Kind words Essie ta. Yes we are a good enough sort mostly but have a great capacity to talk ourselves down with a huge dollop of help from those who scribble. Its the people who will climb us outta this - the good people.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  SamiPremier08 Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:36 am

don't think you'd find Oasis having dessert together just now Jayo - Noel and Liam would be throwing punches at each other in no time!
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary
Number of posts : 2682

Back to top Go down

Post  3inarow08 Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:29 pm

Fair play for the kind words Esther! Are Irish People the nicest people of all? Icon_biggrin
3inarow08
3inarow08
GAA Senior
GAA Senior

Kerry
Number of posts : 793

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:54 pm

3inarow08 wrote:Fair play for the kind words Esther! Are Irish People the nicest people of all? Icon_biggrin

no problemo 3inarow08! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  3inarow08 Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:20 pm

EstherMayo1951 wrote:
3inarow08 wrote:Fair play for the kind words Esther! Are Irish People the nicest people of all? Icon_biggrin

Please, call me Triona! Are Irish People the nicest people of all? Icon_wink
3inarow08
3inarow08
GAA Senior
GAA Senior

Kerry
Number of posts : 793

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:55 pm

3inarow08 wrote:
EstherMayo1951 wrote:

Please, call me Triona! Are Irish People the nicest people of all? Icon_wink

Thanks! Very Happy And you can call me Essie! Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  patrique Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:44 am

SamiPremier08 wrote:Yes without a doubt.

The Irish are the friendliest, funniest and most sociable people you could ever hope to meet.

You should move to Coleraine. It is full of wonderful Irish people.
patrique
patrique
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Antrim
Number of posts : 2424

Back to top Go down

Post  KerryKatriona Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:27 am

Esther if you get that much attention and chatting up on public transport I am guessing that you are a very good looking girl. I get it all the time too. Some of my friends less so.
KerryKatriona
KerryKatriona
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Kerry
Number of posts : 492

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:42 am

KerryKatriona wrote:Esther if you get that much attention and chatting up on public transport I am guessing that you are a very good looking girl. I get it all the time too. Some of my friends less so.

serious head swell in operation here - careful KK - then again you are from Kerry its in the genes
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  KerryKatriona Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:00 pm

bocerty wrote:
serious head swell in operation here - careful KK - then again you are from Kerry its in the genes

Oh its in the jeans alright boy. Are Irish People the nicest people of all? Icon_wink
KerryKatriona
KerryKatriona
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Kerry
Number of posts : 492

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:07 am

The answer is clearly NO .....
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down