GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Derry V Kerry

3 posters

Go down

Result

Derry V Kerry Tag1050%Derry V Kerry Tag10 50% 
[ 2 ]
Derry V Kerry Tag1025%Derry V Kerry Tag10 25% 
[ 1 ]
Derry V Kerry Tag1025%Derry V Kerry Tag10 25% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 4

Derry V Kerry Empty Derry V Kerry

Post  Guest Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:48 pm

Personally I think Derry will won this one, and it's nothing to do with me being from Derry. I think with home advantage and run of good form Derry can go into the game with confidence, and this Derry team has a rejuvenated sense of pride something they have been lacking for a couple of years, and which I believe ultimately cot them the Dublin Game in 2007.

Back to top Go down

Derry V Kerry Empty Re: Derry V Kerry

Post  mossbags Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:54 pm

Kerry seem to be up for the league this year big time and will want to settle a score after last years league final. Derry are winning matches and have the look of a side on an upward curve so should be a good match. Home advantage may just be enough for Derry
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway
Number of posts : 3405

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:58 pm

mossbags wrote:Kerry seem to be up for the league this year big time and will want to settle a score after last years league final. Derry are winning matches and have the look of a side on an upward curve so should be a good match. Home advantage may just be enough for Derry

I dunno Moss - Kerry won in Healy Park don't forget! Mind you I've never seen a Kerry team 'up for the League' Probably explains why they have only won it 19 times!!! Razz Razz
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:55 pm

For some stupid reason I tipped Derry in the Tipster Competition even though I know Kerry hold more than a 50% chance of winning. But maybe Derry will pull this one off. But I wouldn't put it past them to go out there and get annihalated either.

Does anyone have the teams for this game?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:59 pm

1 B Gillis
2 K. Mc Guckian
3 K Mc Cloy
4 S Lockhart
5 P Carton
6 B Mc Goldrick
7 G O'Kane
8 F Doherty
9 J Diver
10 E Lynn
11 P Young
12 B Mullan
13 E Brown
14 E Bradley
15 J Kielt

16 J Deighan
17 N Mc Cusker
18 C Mc Kaigue
19 Barry Mc Guigan
20 Sean Leo Mc Goldrick
21 Enda Muldoon
22 Paul Murphy
23 Paul Bradley
24 Paddy Bradley

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:02 am

Enda Muldoon still knocking about! Haven't heard of a few of those players, will be interesting. Full-back line looks exceptionally strong.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:09 am

Only gettin a look at this team now!

Mixture of new faces and Old faces, Alot of Leaders in Muldoon, Mc Cloy, Lockhart and Doherty. It's interesting to see Mc Goldrick in CHB especially since he was in the HF line last couple of seasons. Yound FF line with Strength in James Kielt, Speed in Brown and Height and scoring Ability in Bradley.

Hafta hand it to Cassidy he doesn't care who you are or where your from if you don't perform you don't make the cut.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:12 am

Kerry Team to be announced after 9pm tomorrow night

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:40 pm

It's as strong a Derry side i have seen for a while, some fantastic talent getting their chance along with the experienced players. The heart says Derry, it does all the time but i think a draw may be the outcome here. Either way, it'll be a good test for the Derry management.

Loyal, how do you work out that Kerry have more than a 50% chance of winning? Are they going to field 16? Shocked

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire
Number of posts : 2746

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 08, 2009 4:48 pm

Derry still have a good bit to go to become a championshp team. I think Cassidy will happy enough with the result as I'd say he won't want to be dominating the league. For Derry Diver and Barry Mc Goldrick had great grames as did Kevin Mc Cloy who i thought was excellent on Donaghy, Little respect for Donaghy hes like a soccer player always looking for the free, and always gurning and winging. Lynn had a good game for Derry as well, as did Eoin Bradley until he stupidly fouled. The Derry team was still very experimental, no Paddy Bradley yet. It's looking good thus far!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down