GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Peace Prize .....

3 posters

Go down

Who should have won the Nobel Peace Prize? Give reasons

Peace Prize ..... Tag1067%Peace Prize ..... Tag10 67% 
[ 4 ]
Peace Prize ..... Tag1017%Peace Prize ..... Tag10 17% 
[ 1 ]
Peace Prize ..... Tag1016%Peace Prize ..... Tag10 16% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 6

Poll closed

Peace Prize ..... Empty Peace Prize .....

Post  Jayo Cluxton Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:00 am

I have to say that I am shattered not to have won this. The amount of rows I have broken up here - the peace I brokered between the Northern Militants, the Western Extremists, the East Coast Liberals and the Exiled Dissidents - resulting in a harmonious accord among all participants - has clearly been overlooked on the world stage. Seems like my achievement in bringing about the successful cessation of internecine faction fighting here has not caused even a ripple in Oslo or among the wider international community!

Now I have nothing against Mr Obama - after all his roots are firmly ensconsed in Moneygall - but what exactly has he achieved? He won a race against limited opposition (Sarah Palin??? - surely related to Michael Plain of Monty Python fame)! His country kick started global financial ruin (ok slightly before he came into office - but he has been in politics quite a while), he called Kanye West (top gent!) a jackass and then he didn't endear himself to the Special Olympics people! Finally, he went to Copenhagen and didn't bring home the Olympics!

Just put the two of our achievements together and there should only be one winner and it ain't him! I suppose Nobel invented dynamite - always thought this award was ironic anyway!

So me, him or other?? Have a vote and have your say ....
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Peace Prize ..... Empty Re: Peace Prize .....

Post  RMDrive Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:18 am

I had to Google Barak Obama to find out who he was. JayoCluxton deserves to win all of the Nobel prizes IMO, especially the peace one.
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal
Number of posts : 3117

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:21 am

RMDrive wrote:I had to Google Barak Obama to find out who he was. JayoCluxton deserves to win all of the Nobel prizes IMO, especially the peace one.

Thanks lad - but I would have to turn down the physics one - see thread on moon. Or I should say see thread regarding moon on here! Would really like the literature one though!
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  clash-of-da-ash Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:08 pm

Did he just get it because he was the first black president?
clash-of-da-ash
clash-of-da-ash
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

East Galway
Number of posts : 1932

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:11 pm

clash-of-da-ash wrote:Did he just get it because he was the first black president?

No I don't think so - sure Mugabe, Amin etc would have got it so ......
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down