GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Irish Sports Personality 2009

4 posters

Go down

Irish Sports Personality 2009 Empty Irish Sports Personality 2009

Post  Guest Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:45 pm

Brian O'Driscoll 1/6
John Oxx 5/1
Mick Kinane 14/1
Brian Cody 20/1
Olive Loughnane 25/1
Ruby Walsh 28/1
Tommy Walsh 33/1
Katie Taylor 33/1
Robbie Keane 50/1
Bernard Dunne 80/1
Shane Lowry 80/1
Philip Deignan 80/1
Tadgh Kennelly 80/1

If Oxx or Kinane do not win this award, I will declare my allegiance to the British throne and completely disown my Irishness. Surely, the most un-Irish result is to not recognise the unsung heroes of the horse racing world in this country after the exploits of one, Sea The Stars.

Back to top Go down

Irish Sports Personality 2009 Empty Re: Irish Sports Personality 2009

Post  JimWexford Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:01 pm

Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:Brian O'Driscoll 1/6
John Oxx 5/1
Mick Kinane 14/1
Brian Cody 20/1
Olive Loughnane 25/1
Ruby Walsh 28/1
Tommy Walsh 33/1
Katie Taylor 33/1
Robbie Keane 50/1
Bernard Dunne 80/1
Shane Lowry 80/1
Philip Deignan 80/1
Tadgh Kennelly 80/1

If Oxx or Kinane do not win this award, I will declare my allegiance to the British throne and completely disown my Irishness. Surely, the most un-Irish result is to not recognise the unsung heroes of the horse racing world in this country after the exploits of one, Sea The Stars.

Loyal I would say more than 60% of the country know feck all about that nag.
I for one have never seen it race don'y know if it jumps or not so personally can't see a horse doing it for anyone.

Where are your odds thought you'd be up there ?I 'd give you a vote
JimWexford
JimWexford
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Wexford
Number of posts : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:08 pm

That is a disgrace Jim. You should be ashamed of yourself, you traitor. You go on with this "Gael" attitude, - "look at me, I'm Jim, you can't get more Irish than me" - and yet you've never even seen Sea The Stars?????????

This is the greatest racehorse to ever set foot in Ireland, possibly Europe and who knows, maybe even the world! If I had my way, October the 4th would be renamed Sea The Stars' Day and declared a national holiday!

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:14 pm

I'm afraid you will be singing GSTQ before year end my old friend ... Irish Sports Personality 2009 Uk2
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  JimWexford Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:34 pm

What watching a few nags go to do with being Irish.
Watch paint dry quicker than horse racing couldn't give a flying fcuk about it and I have a hell of a lot of friends that way as well.
Never seen any of the grand nationals and have been inside a bookies twice in my life both occasions collecting someone.
Less of the true gael bullshit about a thingof more legs than sense.
all it is, is an animal. it eats shits and runs same as a cat dog cow donkey so no more no less wonder who the ass is
JimWexford
JimWexford
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Wexford

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:36 pm

Jim - in fairness the animal is a complete legend .... and would be a worthy winner. And the acceptance speech might be worth a listen!!
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  JimWexford Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:41 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:Jim - in fairness the animal is a complete legend .... and would be a worthy winner. And the acceptance speech might be worth a listen!!

Suppose it would have neigh problem nagging on about loyal.
Sorry it didn't save anyone or speak etc calling it a legend because it ran arace I don't buy inyo.
Yoke was pumped full of leagal **** and then run the **** out of. Not a anti animal type person as I'm into hunting and shooting etc but horse racing never did it for me or a lot of people I know.

Lassie a legend, see the stars something to do at night even use patrick moore soundtrack!!!
JimWexford
JimWexford
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Wexford

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:43 pm

JimWexford wrote:What watching a few nags go to do with being Irish.
Watch paint dry quicker than horse racing couldn't give a flying fcuk about it and I have a hell of a lot of friends that way as well.
Never seen any of the grand nationals and have been inside a bookies twice in my life both occasions collecting someone.
Less of the true gael bullshit about a thingof more legs than sense.
all it is, is an animal. it eats shits and runs same as a cat dog cow donkey so no more no less wonder who the ass is

Please don't compare winning Grand Nationals to what Sea The Stars has just achieved, because there is no comparison.

It could be another few generations before a racehorse like STS comes along again, like Aussie Jim said during the commentary of the Arc, this horse is equine perfection. Its moments like last Sunday that makes sport and racing in particular so enjoyable.

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:41 pm

If STS doesn't win it Loyal i'd said he'll have a long face on him for a while after!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  RMDrive Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:29 am

bocerty wrote:If STS doesn't win it Loyal i'd said he'll have a long face on him for a while after!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL. You're shameless Boc. Brilliant!
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal
Number of posts : 3117

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:23 pm

RMDrive wrote:
bocerty wrote:If STS doesn't win it Loyal i'd said he'll have a long face on him for a while after!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL. You're shameless Boc. Brilliant!

I am indeed shameless RMD - nearly as bad as our resident comedians JC and Boxty Laughing Laughing Laughing
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down