GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most prized possession ...

+4
bald eagle
Boxtyeater
JimWexford
Jayo Cluxton
8 posters

Go down

Most prized possession ... Empty Most prized possession ...

Post  Jayo Cluxton Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:08 pm

Aside from family / partner etc - what is your most prized possession - also leave out anything of personal value - eg something left to you? What would you run back in for if the house was on fire!! Is it your signed photo of Grainne Seioghe? Your Daniel O'Donnell CD collection? Your matchbox cars? Your football stickers? The U8 medal you picked up?
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Most prized possession ... Empty Re: Most prized possession ...

Post  JimWexford Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:04 pm

6 pack of Heno I'm enjoying tonite
JimWexford
JimWexford
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Wexford
Number of posts : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:07 pm

JimWexford wrote:6 pack of Heno I'm enjoying tonite

6 500ml cans? How much you picking them up for Jim?
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  JimWexford Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:08 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:
JimWexford wrote:6 pack of Heno I'm enjoying tonite

6 500ml cans? How much you picking them up for Jim?
No bottles didn't shop arounf got in supermarket for €11
JimWexford
JimWexford
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Wexford

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:09 pm

Pick up 6 cans in the pub offie for €10.50!!! One of the supermarkets is doing 4 for €6 this weekend! Most prized possession ... Icon_cheers The more you drink the more you save!!
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  JimWexford Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:22 pm

Last Fri week (Arthurs day was the thurs) local pub owner was her birthday decided to run the two days as one i.e in the friday.
Guiness pints = €2
Jim = approx 25ish pints i live approx 1 mile outside village took me over 1 1/2 to walk home which i touched down at 4:30ish am.
Youngest had a match at 2 - managed to pawn off onto my ole fellow to bring to - his first final as well the got hammered.
I was in our park a 10 am to clean some bushes - under exterme pressure

At 1pm in oulart I had to ref a senior hurling b semi final - twas tasty affair dehydration kicked in after 30 secs.
Doing ok till I blew the full time whistle had the score Rapps enniscorthy 1-12 (correct) Blackwater 1-12 (incorrect should of been 1-11) played extra time dt's kicked in but Rapps won didn't care.
Headline in local paper

Rapps beat blackwater..... not once but twice (this is true) check it out in the people newspaper group not last wed (yesterday) but the wed before it was issued.

Last week had to do senior football b final enniscorthy sarlights (football side of the rapps) and sarsfields wex town called the captains up John Hudson county footballer was captain of the starlights and I asked him to hold something foe me while i did the toss.
He walked away brusting his boollox and went straight over to the team - I gave him a calculator.
PS they lost the match (again after extra time no dts this week only had 2/3 pints night before) at least the could still talk to me afterwards.
JimWexford
JimWexford
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Wexford

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:33 am

JimWexford wrote:Last Fri week (Arthurs day was the thurs) local pub owner was her birthday decided to run the two days as one i.e in the friday.
Guiness pints = €2
Jim = approx 25ish pints i live approx 1 mile outside village took me over 1 1/2 to walk home which i touched down at 4:30ish am.
Youngest had a match at 2 - managed to pawn off onto my ole fellow to bring to - his first final as well the got hammered.
I was in our park a 10 am to clean some bushes - under exterme pressure

At 1pm in oulart I had to ref a senior hurling b semi final - twas tasty affair dehydration kicked in after 30 secs.
Doing ok till I blew the full time whistle had the score Rapps enniscorthy 1-12 (correct) Blackwater 1-12 (incorrect should of been 1-11) played extra time dt's kicked in but Rapps won didn't care.
Headline in local paper

Rapps beat blackwater..... not once but twice (this is true) check it out in the people newspaper group not last wed (yesterday) but the wed before it was issued.

Last week had to do senior football b final enniscorthy sarlights (football side of the rapps) and sarsfields wex town called the captains up John Hudson county footballer was captain of the starlights and I asked him to hold something foe me while i did the toss.
He walked away brusting his boollox and went straight over to the team - I gave him a calculator.
PS they lost the match (again after extra time no dts this week only had 2/3 pints night before) at least the could still talk to me afterwards.

Post of the year so far....great stuff Jim....you've been on fire tonight....
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:46 am

A black fedora hat that belonged to my great grandfather......I'd say 1880's or so, made of fur felt.

It gets the odd outing with colours attached, sadly these outings are becoming more rare. The junior members are not allowed to wear it to music gigs, though they are keen to do so...
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:17 am

Provincial championship medal, Western Australia shirt i wore when i captained them in the Aussie Championships and a few trinkets of my brothers.

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire
Number of posts : 2746

Back to top Go down

Post  RMDrive Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:20 am

My drum kit.
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal
Number of posts : 3117

Back to top Go down

Post  redhandman Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:27 am

i would have to grab my schools geansai that i got for playing mcrory cup / club one as well from championship fianl win a few years back, other than that most prised possesions would be on my person wedding ring and miraculous medal my mother gave to me a few short months before passing away.

at my home of birth i would hammer it into the attic to grab the two jerseys signed by the entrie panel from 2003 ( has cormacs signature) and 2005 on actual jerseys left over from the day. a present to my da who keeps them in a plastic bag to stop them getting damp from a old friend on the county board
redhandman
redhandman
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

tyrone
Number of posts : 545

Back to top Go down

Post  mid-mon man Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:39 pm

Hard to choose something, alot of things you could go for! But given this is a GAA website and all, I'd say I'd grab my late grandda's collection of 8 county medals, one of the few to do it with the club in the 40's and 50's. It was a golden era round our parts, and something which we still aspire to replicate now and is still talked about. Sadly the members of that famous team are few and far between nowadays, another 3 passing away in the last year, only about 6 still alive now I think.
mid-mon man
mid-mon man
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Monaghan
Number of posts : 1838

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:54 pm

my 3 Ulster medals 2 All Ireland medals and several All-Stars that i won during an illustrious playing career..........................

my 60 inch TV and my laptop digital camera and camcorder, my wallet and a clean pair of undercrackers!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very Happy Very Happy
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:17 pm

My pink Jack Jones boxers!

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:57 pm

bocerty wrote:my 3 Ulster medals 2 All Ireland medals and several All-Stars that i won during an illustrious playing career..........................

Jeeze ........ and here's me thinking you were from Tyrone ....
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum