GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IP address

Go down

IP address Empty IP address

Post  Guest Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:15 pm

Does anyone know how to change it? I was looking a southern one to get RTE online.

Back to top Go down

IP address Empty Re: IP address

Post  bocerty Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:09 am

Bright-Oak wrote:Does anyone know how to change it? I was looking a southern one to get RTE online.

Niamh you could try going through a proxy server which would possibly give you an ip address that would enable you to get RTE online. I dont know of one but i know it can be done you could google it. Be mindful that the ip address on your actual computer is not the one that websites would see when you log onto their sites.

If your with BT then your IP address is likely to be 192.168.1.1 or something like that - when you go out onto the net this is translated into another unique IP address. If you are with BT email them and tell them you are having a problem and they can sort it.
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:36 pm

Turn off your computer and turn it back on a few minutes later.....that will change your IP address.

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:43 pm

Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:Turn off your computer and turn it back on a few minutes later.....that will change your IP address.

actually Loyal it wont - rebooting your computer does not alter the IP address. And even if it did this would not solve BO's problem.
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum