GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Favourite meal ........

+2
Boxtyeater
Jayo Cluxton
6 posters

Go down

Favourite meal ........ Empty Favourite meal ........

Post  Jayo Cluxton Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:24 pm

I likes me food (and drink) a bit even though I never put on the weight like Boc and RMD. Thoroughbreds and all that!

I like a good steak as much as the next man but I reckon the scampi in Donegan's in Monasterboice is the nearest thing to culinary heaven you can get! Most people rave about the steak there but the scampi is to die for! The batter melts in your mouth and there is no deep freeze s**t going on here. Anyone savoured it - or have you a better secret culinary delight to share!
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Favourite meal ........ Empty Re: Favourite meal ........

Post  Boxtyeater Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:42 pm

I wouldn't give you tuppence for all these haute cuisine kips from Malin to Mizen.
A nice roast at my own table surpasses all else.

Moderator, close this thread. Scampi in Monasterboice......what next, and you reared or dragged up on coddle...... Favourite meal ........ Affraid
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:45 pm

Boxtyeater wrote:Moderator, close this thread. Scampi in Monasterboice......what next, and you reared or dragged up on coddle...... Favourite meal ........ Affraid

Ha ha! Haute cuisine in Monasterboice - you having a laugh B!!!

This is the man of the 'thundering disgrace' after all!!! And scampi is prawns in batter - thats all!
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:17 am

Jayo Cluxton wrote:
Ha ha! Haute cuisine in Monasterboice - you having a laugh B!!!

This is the man of the 'thundering disgrace' after all!!! And scampi is prawns in batter - thats all!

Well I was a little. The memory of Monasterboice man lingers still. So 'tis his crowd own this Scampi shop.
He was a dour grumpy oul' git in his day...
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:29 am

Aye - the very man. Apparently poor ould Paddy H was not a regular ....
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  clash-of-da-ash Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:49 pm

There is a place called Kettle of Fish in Gort that I reckon would challenge it. They do lovely fish and chips for about 8/9 euro. Think they also do scampi but never had it.
clash-of-da-ash
clash-of-da-ash
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

East Galway
Number of posts : 1932

Back to top Go down

Post  SamiPremier08 Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:17 pm

- My Grandad's roast potatoes.
- Shepard's Pie
- Calamari and Chips in the UK's best fish and chip shop, just off the main promenade road in Penzance.
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary
Number of posts : 2682

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:52 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:I likes me food (and drink) a bit even though I never put on the weight like Boc and RMD. Thoroughbreds and all that!

I like a good steak as much as the next man but I reckon the scampi in Donegan's in Monasterboice is the nearest thing to culinary heaven you can get! Most people rave about the steak there but the scampi is to die for! The batter melts in your mouth and there is no deep freeze s**t going on here. Anyone savoured it - or have you a better secret culinary delight to share!

Any more guff out of you, you long string of s**te and the next feed you get could be through a straw in a hospital bed Laughing Laughing Laughing
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:09 pm

[quote="bocerty"]
Jayo Cluxton wrote:I likes me food (and drink) a bit even though I never put on the weight like Boc and RMD. Thoroughbreds and all that!

Any more guff out of you, you long string of s**te and the next feed you get could be through a straw in a hospital bed Favourite meal ........ Icon_lol Favourite meal ........ Icon_lol Favourite meal ........ Icon_lol

Favourite meal ........ 19213 Favourite meal ........ 19213 Favourite meal ........ Icon_lol Favourite meal ........ Icon_lol
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:50 pm

bocerty wrote:
Any more guff out of you, you long string of s**te and the next feed you get could be through a straw in a hospital bed Favourite meal ........ Icon_lol Favourite meal ........ Icon_lol Favourite meal ........ Icon_lol

Favourite meal ........ Icon_razz Favourite meal ........ Icon_razz Favourite meal ........ Icon_razz Favourite meal ........ Icon_razz
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  black&white Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:25 am

I produced my favourite meal last night.
Home-made cottage pie (with beef, shepherd's pie uses lamb).

Most important points:
  • Use Erin Gravy Rich as sauce, and throw in plenty of diced carrot, onion, mushroom, peas and sweetcorn.

• Made sure to use plenty of milk and butter when mashing the spuds.

Made enough for two of us last night, and I've enough for lunch at work today, and dinner for meself again tonight!
black&white
black&white
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Sligo
Number of posts : 1081

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down