GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pocklington is famous ...

3 posters

Go down

Pocklington is famous ... Empty Pocklington is famous ...

Post  Jayo Cluxton Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:45 pm

Hey Sammy - Pocklington hit the national airwaves tonight!!

RTE have this show where they send all their overpaid 'stars' on junkets around the world tracing their ancestors. Whoever thought this up obviously have their finger on the pulse of the nation as there is nothing we all want to know more than where Joe Duffy, Charlie Bird etc are from and who their ancestors are! Pocklington is famous ... Icon_rolleyes

Anyhow tonight it was the turn of super geek Ryan Tubridy and though I only stumbled on the end of it cos I would rather have my nails pulled with a pliers - they just happened to be talking about Pocklington!!!

So apparently, in true D4 and RTE style, the guy has tons of noble British blood in him - like we didn't guess that anyway!! So his great great granny or something was a Dolman from Pocklington!!

So you can expect a royal visit from RT of RTE soon enough! Advice - book a holiday away around it!
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Pocklington is famous ... Empty Re: Pocklington is famous ...

Post  6inarow Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:05 pm

We've something similar over here called 'Who Do You Think You Are?'. A few weeks a go they had Chris Moyles on, it turns out his ancestors are from Dublin and Mayo. I remember thinking to myself at the time that it'd be a long time before he saw Sam with ties like that!

6inarow
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Galway
Number of posts : 263

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:10 pm

Yep 6 - I think thats what we call ours too. I thought it was because us licence payers look at the show as our 'stars' swan around the world, and sit in our armchairs thinking .... who the f*** do you think you are mate!

Chris Moyles - Dub and Mayo blood eh .... could be worse - he could've had people from Gaillimh ....... Pocklington is famous ... Icon_lol
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  SamiPremier08 Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:36 am

wow - I'll have to find that on the RTE website.

Nice to see it's found fame in Ireland, beforehand we had two claims to fame:

1) William Wilberforce (abolisher of the slave trade) went to school here.
2) The last ever witch-burning in Britain took place in Pocklington.

nice place though - yous should all come over and have a tour Pocklington is famous ... Icon_cool
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary
Number of posts : 2682

Back to top Go down

Post  6inarow Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:58 am

Jayo Cluxton wrote:Yep 6 - I think thats what we call ours too. I thought it was because us licence payers look at the show as our 'stars' swan around the world, and sit in our armchairs thinking .... who the f*** do you think you are mate!

Chris Moyles - Dub and Mayo blood eh .... could be worse - he could've had people from Gaillimh ....... Pocklington is famous ... Icon_lol

The wait for Sam wouldn't be as long as the wait for Liam but two weeks in Galway every summer cutting turf, bailing hay and eating cabbage and gammon for dinner and he'd be a slimmer man to the one before us today!

6inarow
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Galway
Number of posts : 263

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:44 am

SamiPremier08 wrote:wow - I'll have to find that on the RTE website.

nice place though - yous should all come over and have a tour Pocklington is famous ... Icon_cool

Well Sammy it seems that Pocklington is coming across my radar now all the time. There is a major hotel report out today re prices from hotels.com and you'd never guess it but the CEO is Nigel ............ Pocklington!

Also came across an up and coming boxer just now - Harry Matthews - known as .... the Pocklington Rocket!
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  SamiPremier08 Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:16 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:
SamiPremier08 wrote:wow - I'll have to find that on the RTE website.

Well Sammy it seems that Pocklington is coming across my radar now all the time. There is a major hotel report out today re prices from hotels.com and you'd never guess it but the CEO is Nigel ............ Pocklington!

Also came across an up and coming boxer just now - Harry Matthews - known as .... the Pocklington Rocket!

yep Jayo, Harry Matthews is one of our own as well as Rob Webber playing rugby for London Wasps and Michael Woods rising star in the Chelsea and England U21 team.
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary
Number of posts : 2682

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down