GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Well then...what do we make of this?

5 posters

Go down

Well then...what do we make of this? Empty Well then...what do we make of this?

Post  SamiPremier08 Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:11 pm

DJ Carey believes Sunday's All-Ireland hurling final could be another one-sided affair, but isn't sure if it will be Kilkenny or Tipperary on the receiving end.

While Kilkenny have become accustomed to dishing out hammerings, Carey feels Tipp are capable of doing likewise.

He told the Irish Daily Mirror: "Both teams on Sunday have the potential to destroy the other. I wouldn't be surprised if one or the other teams won it well because you have very good backs and lethal forwards on both sides.

"If one or other of those really get it going on the day, you have the potential to destroy the other team.

"I think the Tipp forwards look very good, particularly their inside forwards. They are very fast and there are goals in them.

"Kilkenny are coming up against a threat that they haven't come up against in the last number of years and that's a goal-scoring threat.

"If I was being honest, I would say Kilkenny haven't performed as well as they have over the last couple of years. I hope the big day is in them.

"If you want to look at it and say well Kilkenny played the most perfect All-Ireland last year against Waterford, you have to turn around and say Tipp played the most perfect All-Ireland semi-final this year in destroying Limerick. Or else you turn around and say both losing teams didn't turn up at all."

The Kilkenny legend added: "I think potentially Tipperary have goals in them, which Kilkenny have not really come up against, bar Galway, but I think Galway - if you take Joe Canning out of the Galway set-up - struggled, and struggled all year. I think Tipp are much more of a unit."
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary
Number of posts : 2682

Back to top Go down

Well then...what do we make of this? Empty Re: Well then...what do we make of this?

Post  mossbags Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:23 pm

DJs been doing a lot of ranting recently. The recession must have hit the old hygeine business good n' hard down there in Kilkenny
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway
Number of posts : 3405

Back to top Go down

Well then...what do we make of this? Empty Re: Well then...what do we make of this?

Post  Shinners Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:33 pm

Maybe with the Swoo, it might improve again for him then he might not have time to write such drivel Razz
Shinners
Shinners

Longford living in Dublin
Number of posts : 982

Back to top Go down

Post  patrique Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:14 pm

Too modest to say the Cats will win by a street. And he is a business man. What is it Michael Jordan said "republicans buy sneekers as well"
patrique
patrique
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Antrim
Number of posts : 2424

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:23 pm

mossbags wrote:DJs been doing a lot of ranting recently. The recession must have hit the old hygeine business good n' hard down there in Kilkenny

The name sells the product Mossy everywhere (except in the Smithwick's brewery in Kilkenny itself, when Skehan was head of that unit) Hence the bad blood. DJC enterprises was only in it's infacy when DJ approached Skehan for a leg in.
Got a flat NO. (Draw your own conclusion)
Carey will be a legend in Kilkenny in 100 years time. He's obviously paddling along with a few quotes here and there as he's quite close to Cody and the panel still.
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down