GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sports Photography

+2
GAA-Fan
Thomas Clarke
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Sports Photography - Page 2 Empty Re: Sports Photography

Post  Thomas Clarke Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:49 pm

I always liked this one of Rocky Marciano landing his 'Suzie Q' right hand on Jersey Joe Walcott. Maricano was trailing on points in the 13th round, but knocked out the challenger with this one shot. The distortion of Walcott's face gives some indication as to the power of the punch.

Sports Photography - Page 2 R+r_Marciano-Wolcott(23Sept1952)-33
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone
Number of posts : 4152

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:52 pm

bald eagle wrote:Anyhow, why don't we look up some sporting pictures, post them here then come up with our own top 10 or 20 (without the yank bias)?
You're a veritable emporium of ideas Beagle, many dubious but this has merit, albeit with attachments.

Are you proposing GAA only or a mix of Irish sporting photographs. I'd go all-encompassing in truth.
This matter ought to be diaried for October when the dust has settled on championship matters and could be used as a "winter-shortening exercise"...
I'd suggest a series of opening rounds (canvassing allowed) and a whittle down process thereafter.

Open to views on this, but the question now arises, Where are our leaders?

This forum is evolving into "One flew over the cuckoo's nest" where a few keepers are tending the loonies. I'll give the proposed venture my fullest but I'm quare busy, what with a swathe of agri-forms of the exit variety, my cosy recent sinecure of 5 years employment is in Redundancy mode, A Mayo supporters thread (pending) Kerry/Dublin thread (pipeline) and to cap it all....***

It's a grand idea that I'll support fully and likely will have the time to do so...

*** See Annoying Issues thread.
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:25 am

bald eagle wrote:Thats the one! An outstanding picture i think!
The story behind the picture...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/athletics/23710341
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone
Number of posts : 4152

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:52 am

Boxtyeater wrote:
bald eagle wrote:Anyhow, why don't we look up some sporting pictures, post them here then come up with our own top 10 or 20 (without the yank bias)?
You're a veritable emporium of ideas Beagle, many dubious but this has merit, albeit with attachments.

Are you proposing GAA only or a mix of Irish sporting photographs. I'd go all-encompassing in truth.
This matter ought to be diaried for October when the dust has settled on championship matters and could be used as a "winter-shortening exercise"...
I'd suggest a series of opening rounds (canvassing allowed) and a whittle down process thereafter.

Open to views on this, but the question now arises, Where are our leaders?

This forum is evolving into "One flew over the cuckoo's nest" where a few keepers are tending the loonies. I'll give the proposed venture my fullest but I'm quare busy, what with a swathe of agri-forms of the exit variety, my cosy recent sinecure of 5 years employment is in Redundancy mode, A Mayo supporters thread (pending) Kerry/Dublin thread (pipeline) and to cap it all....***

It's a grand idea that I'll support fully and likely will have the time to do so...

*** See Annoying Issues thread.
I'd go for a a mix of Irish Sporting photos including those taken by Irish photographers (TCs dubious pics of the Wimbledon Ladies tennis champiinship will not be allowed on decency issues!)

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire
Number of posts : 2746

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:21 pm

Boxtyeater wrote:The Godfather and heir apparent of Cork hurling together yesterday. Anyone care to put a caption to it?

Sports Photography - Page 2 Jimmy-10
If Nash gets man of the match guess who has to present it ?
Donal og ?
Ya boy ya

OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan
Number of posts : 3126

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content