GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OFF the Ball

+5
Thomas Clarke
RMDrive
GAA-Fan
Parouisa
OMAR
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

OFF the Ball  Empty OFF the Ball

Post  OMAR Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:46 pm

McDevitt,Hick,Murph and Ken Early have left the building, Tonights show to be hosted
by Ger Gilroy, David McIntyre,Cian Murtagh and Joe Molloy.

Best thing on radio by a mile so can't imagine its been axed. Presume they are lined up with a rival but cant figure out a logical home. It would be a radical move for RTE and their Des Cahill home comforts. Out of touch on who owns what but is Today FM not part of same stable?
OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan
Number of posts : 3126

Back to top Go down

OFF the Ball  Empty Re: OFF the Ball

Post  Parouisa Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:20 am

Today FM is part of the INM empire. The guys wanted the 6.0 slot - bit radical to resign over it. It could be argued that 6 is a prime 'news' time but given that Hook is on at that time this argument doesn't stack up!!! Anyway they do travel and technology and the big interview on the post 6 slot on Hook so can't see how it was a big ask from the lads.
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2438

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:28 am

[u]

Im often on the road back from Dublin when they are on. earliest 6.30 ish latest 8.30ish
Would certainly prefer them to Hook or Cooper at that time. Would seldom tune in post 9.00 pm so I for one would have preferred a 6.00-9.00 slot or even 6.30 -9.00.

Tuned in last night for a while Gilroy was keeping it much the same format and certainly the same panelists were all lined up as normal keth wood - Graham Taylor etc.

Might not be simple for them to resurrect this as INM have a big sway in things and NEwstalk "own the format"

OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan

Back to top Go down

Post  JCluxton Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:29 pm

I dunno. You wake up of a morning and all is well. But if the croissants get burnt and the orange juice is not properly chilled it can wreak havoc. One minute you are standing on the cusp of greatness and then it is cruelly snatched away. Best to grab these moments and cherish them and guard them jealously. No point in being the statue all the time. Some days you need to be the pigeon. Some days you need to plot your own path and make your own decisions. You cannot be the seagull following the trawler all the time. Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit but that it should not necessarily be a participant in a fruit salad. Facts are facts after all and the indisputable ones are indisputable. Of that there can be no dispute. It is best dealing with fact.

Peritonitis is an inflammation of the peritoneum, but that is hardly pertinent here. What is pertinent, appropriate and all important is the GAH! The GAH is everything. If we have not got the GAH we got nutting. So long live the GAH and GAH heads. May they and their children and even their children be forever blessed with gaeldom and diddly-eidle dummery. Long may we support our counties and our clubs, the bedrock of the organisation. The bedrock aye, and the sheets, and the blankets and even the pillow. Here’s to a long hot summer of pulsating action and thrills and spills. May we all be in heaven a half an hour before the divil knows we’re dead but a good hour after the last ball is kicked all the same! Woo hoo!

Ps Would love to join in the craic but seem to now be precluded from replying on GAA thread and other threads! Censorship be-god! Maybe that whistleblower is right. Perhaps big brother is watching Global GAA. Maybe that’s why all are afraid to post!

Ah come on lads!

JCluxton

Back to top Go down

Post  GAA-Fan Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:39 pm

Then I go away for a few weeks come back and visit the forum and there is a load of bollocks about satellites all over the forum, stopped me from opening the website and had to go to a lot of hassle to remove it from the forum. It doesn't bother me that people come back to post on the forum, I know who the posters are when they come back under a different name, I keep quiet about it but any sign of trouble and they will be banned. The rules of this forum are very relaxed, unlike most others. I trust that if people are here to talk about GAA and other world issues they can be trusted to do so without insulting other posters and instead debate the post.

Good to see you back on the forum anyhow JC.
GAA-Fan
GAA-Fan
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

All 32
Number of posts : 3377

http://www.globalgaa.com

Back to top Go down

Post  RMDrive Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:02 pm

Free the JC 1
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal
Number of posts : 3117

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:09 pm

I have no issue with him posting, but all that i've seen in recent weeks is a multitude of usernames, pretending to be Hipster/Mullins, and an apparent attempt to derail threads, usually by having a go at myself or Jonsmith, or by saying how rubbish the site is.  It's childish in the extreme, and does no good for the forum.  

By all means, I'd welcome back the old Parouisa/JayoCluxton from the latest in his long line of grand exits, but I think it is only fair on registered posters that they know with whom they are debating.  Otherwise, it's just too easy for people to have a pop.

Anyway, I've flagged up my opinion, but will abide with whatever is decided by GF/RMD/Boc.
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone
Number of posts : 4152

Back to top Go down

Post  JCluxton Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:46 pm

'but I think it is only fair on registered posters that they know with whom they are debating.  Otherwise, it's just too easy for people to have a pop.'

Sure thats ridiculous.  How can you really 'know' anyone on an internet forum???  And you have to know someone with whom you are debating??  Jaysus that would be anything but the case on any internet forum.  Anywhere.

I am posting as a guest as 'J Cluxton'. Only J Cluxton.  I am hiding nothing.  I don't think it matters whether I am registered or not?  I am giving my opinion and not being abusive.  If I find things I disagree with I will say so.  If mods etc want to ban me so be it.  I have done nothing wrong but will accept any ruling by the people that matter here.

JCluxton

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:53 pm

Thomas Clarke wrote:I have no issue with him posting, but all that i've seen in recent weeks is a multitude of usernames, pretending to be Hipster/Mullins, and an apparent attempt to derail threads, usually by having a go at myself or Jonsmith, or by saying how rubbish the site is.  It's childish in the extreme, and does no good for the forum.  

By all means, I'd welcome back the old Parouisa/JayoCluxton from the latest in his long line of grand exits, but I think it is only fair on registered posters that they know with whom they are debating.  Otherwise, it's just too easy for people to have a pop.

Anyway, I've flagged up my opinion, but will abide with whatever is decided by GF/RMD/Boc.

TC surely its the opinion your debating with not the personality of the person behind it. You have debated with me and many more on here and yet you dont know any of us from Adam and nor do I. Does it really matter if they are registered or not as long as they are contributing?

Put it like this i would rather have a non member posting that the host of members we do have who never bother their arses.
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:06 pm

Boc, he wasn't debating.  He knows well that Ciaran Walshe and Paddy Moran are not among the top full backs of the last 25 years.  The whole thing was to get the chance to say how rubbish the thread was.  And what about the charade last week in the pigeon english?   That is just being provocative and childish.  Posting under various usernames just encourages petty sniping, and hardly prompts other users to join as each thread descends into farce.  Registered usernames allows for proper moderation, as users can be held accountable for what they post.  

I know we are all using pseudonyms, but we have all used them for years, hence the respect for each others' opinions that has been built.  I value your opinions although I don't know you, and the same for many other of our posters.  I'd have no interest conversing with a guest who pretends to be someone new every other day.
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone
Number of posts : 4152

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:28 pm

Thomas Clarke wrote:Boc, he wasn't debating.  He knows well that Ciaran Walshe and Paddy Moran are not among the top full backs of the last 25 years.  The whole thing was to get the chance to say how rubbish the thread was.  And what about the charade last week in the pigeon english?   That is just being provocative and childish.  Posting under various usernames just encourages petty sniping, and hardly prompts other users to join as each thread descends into farce.  Registered usernames allows for proper moderation, as users can be held accountable for what they post.  

I know we are all using pseudonyms, but we have all used them for years, hence the respect for each others' opinions that has been built.  I value your opinions although I don't know you, and the same for many other of our posters.  I'd have no interest conversing with a guest who pretends to be someone new every other day.

TC thats your opinion and your entitled to it, i'm only trying to be devils advocate here, the place is on its knees your doing an honorable job in generating some traffic, i dont have time really but i am intrigued by the threads you have started and feel the need to contribute- others may not like them or your take on them.

The snipping is very off putting though..............

bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:56 pm

OFF the Ball  Bald_m10
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:30 pm

As we move towards the balmy days of July and August and with the favourites  not having broken sweat a blue perspective on matters is a pre-requisite for the forum to have any hope.

If the entry in to the heat of battle is hearlded by some jostling by entrant and marker this is only to be expected.
OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan

Back to top Go down

Post  DUBS Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:50 pm

18.06.2013 He knows well that Ciaran Walshe and Paddy Moran are not among the top full backs of the last 25 years. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS USE THE LETTERS imo WHEN INSULTING PLAYERS FROM ANOTHER COUNTY NO DUBLIN PLAYER IN YOUR BACK 6 SAYS EVERYTHING ABOUT YOUUUUUUUUUU NEED HELP TO GET OVER 95 

DUBS

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:19 am

quote="DUBS"]18.06.2013 He knows well that Ciaran Walshe and Paddy Moran are not among the top full backs of the last 25 years. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS USE THE LETTERS imo WHEN INSULTING PLAYERS FROM ANOTHER COUNTY NO DUBLIN PLAYER IN YOUR BACK 6 SAYS EVERYTHING ABOUT YOUUUUUUUUUU NEED HELP TO GET OVER 95 [/quote]

OFF the Ball  Images13[
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  JCluxton Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:21 am

I suppose I am also the poster known as Dubs?

Ciaran Walsh was a fine player and has the medals to prove it.  Paddy Moran was also a fine corner back.  You simply diss these guys and yet include Ryan McMenamin.  IMO McMenamin would not be in the top 50 of any list in the last 25 years but you think he is so thats what matters. 

Forums are all about opinions.  But here you give yours and thats it. If anyone offers a different opinion you simply tell them where their opinion is wrong and correct them with yours.    Often you will belittle opinions that don't match your own and run people down to make your point - sometimes over grammar or spellings.  Bullying takes many forms.

I do not use any other names. I was a founder member of this site. But this thread is a good example of everything that has gone wrong.  People have left here in their droves.  I think it is because they cannot express their opinions freely nor can they be bothered with the pedanty and intellectual snobbery that dominates.

JCluxton

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:21 pm

Jayo, Jayo.....

I have no interest in getting dragged into a slanging match not of my own making, but your persistence with the Walsh/Moran issue vis a vis McMenamin
is gone beyond a joke. Michael McGuinness of Leitrim was a better corner back than Paddy Moran and anyone who ever watched both would agree with me.

Are you out of sorts, had a turn or something?? You're a personable on-line character, well fit to write a funny/accurate/tongue in cheek post or article and you now "appear" to be taking things all too personally. Propagating either of your proteges against McMenamin is pixxing into a hurricane and you, of all, should see this. Good game lads, but not offering the same impact over time that McMenamin did. In fact, until you mentioned them, I'd forgotten they ever played for Dublin.

The nominees are as stated, the show moves along. No harm in mentioning an odd lad here or there (Mick McGuinness is a fine example) but no point in getting hoisted on your own petard either.

Grab a few tins of Heino and think about it. As OMAR said, the future is still blue so either let's be having you or call time on it altogether. As you said, you were a founder member, you owe the Forum nothing but even at my age nothing will ever replace playing if you can understand my meaning.
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  JCluxton Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:50 pm

Still reduced to posting on this Section of site as I appear to be precluded from GAA Talk and General Discussion.

JCluxton

Back to top Go down

Post  JCluxton Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:49 pm

Down with this sort of thing!

In a week when the leader of the free world visited our shores – much to the chagrin of some.  In a week when we get ready to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the ex-leader of the free world’s visit to his ancestral homeplace.  We have censure. 

You will never silence the voice of the people – the voice of reason.  The voice of the masses.  We have had Tiananmen, the Arab spring, Gezi Park.  Democracy will prevail.  The people will be heard!  The small man will fight back.

Join the crusade!

Éist le Cluxton!

Repeat …..

JCluxton

Back to top Go down

Post  RMDrive Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:22 pm

Guests are people too.
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal

Back to top Go down

Post  mullinz Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:26 pm

JCluxton
May i just ask have you experienced the taste of Molson Canadian since its said arrival.Some say its crisp and clear

mullinz

Back to top Go down

Post  coyib Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:15 am

good day at the office,first time since i was born the cats didn't maul us in a championship match,onwards and:cheers:

coyib

Back to top Go down

Post  JCluxton Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:11 am

"Ultimately it came down to us having a bit more class up front. McFadden got scores when we needed them and Murphys fee-taking was immense." - per RMD

Guests are obviously not people too as I still cannot post on GAA matters!!!!! 

Just want to draw attention to RMDs startling admission on the Donegal game thread that Mr Murphy is indeed getting paid!

JCluxton

Back to top Go down

Post  JCluxton Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:17 am

Molson Canadian has thus far eluded me.  I continue to imbibe copious amounts of Gerard Adriaan Heineken with the odd switch to Nastro Azzurro when available, though the draught can be very expensive. 

May well try to taste the old Molson brew when I next see it.  If I like it I may even drink Canada dry!

JCluxton

Back to top Go down

Post  RMDrive Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:40 pm

JCluxton wrote:"Ultimately it came down to us having a bit more class up front. McFadden got scores when we needed them and Murphys fee-taking was immense." - per RMD

Guests are obviously not people too as I still cannot post on GAA matters!!!!! 

Just want to draw attention to RMDs startling admission on the Donegal game thread that Mr Murphy is indeed getting paid!

Your honour, I can explain .... Laughing
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down