World Cup's 100 Greatest Footballers

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: World Cup's 100 Greatest Footballers

Post  Boxtyeater on Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:01 pm

Now now lads, no need for all this analysis. To put it simply, Brazil merely performed like the Cork footballers last Sunday. A bunch of duds, overseen by a manager who wouldn't train a pig to be dirty..

Fenagh, in fairness, fielded teams down the years with some odd monikers (the Grinder McGovern and Crusher Keegan) to name two, but they could grind or crush should the occasion demand.
But once you see the likes of FRED ffs

or HULK

It's time start the Rosary.....Spoofers to a man.
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6970

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater on Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:40 pm

Thomas Clarke wrote:  Instead, what they got was the greatest humiliation in sporting history (yes, really - name me one greater).

FYI....Soccerball is not a sport, it's a business. The golfing statistic quoted herunder is a leisure activity**

AISF 2001: Meath 2-14 Kerry 0-05.
Jean Van de Velde: British Open 1999. 3 clear on the 18th. and Boom....
AIHF 2008: Kilkenny 3-30 Waterford 1-13.
AIHSF 2012: HT Tipp 1-10 Kilkenny 1-09 FT KK 4-24 Tipp 1-15.

**Defeats suffered in consecutive years in the AIQualifiers do not count. They're punishment beatings.
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke on Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:40 pm

Boxtyeater wrote:
Thomas Clarke wrote:   Instead, what they got was the greatest humiliation in sporting history (yes, really - name me one greater).

FYI....Soccerball is not a sport, it's a business. The golfing statistic quoted herunder is a leisure activity**

AISF 2001: Meath 2-14 Kerry 0-05.
Jean Van de Velde: British Open 1999. 3 clear on the 18th. and Boom....
AIHF 2008: Kilkenny 3-30 Waterford 1-13.
AIHSF 2012: HT Tipp 1-10 Kilkenny 1-09 FT KK 4-24 Tipp 1-15.

**Defeats suffered in consecutive years in the AIQualifiers do not count. They're punishment beatings.

Hurling doesn't count, given that it's a sport without rules, played only by the inhabitants of a few rural parishes in the south west of Ireland.  Also, wearing helmets also means that the players aren't recognised off the pitch, therefore humiliation can be easily evaded.

Which brings me to Jean Van de Velde, a man who would barely be recognised in his own living room.  Plus, he's French, so he's in good company when it comes to humiliations (to be fair to Jean, he battled the winds and rain of Carnoustie for almost 4 full days, which is longer than his countrymen lasted against the Germans in 1940).

Kerry, I'll accept, as any county suffering a 15 point defeat to Meath in the noughties can rightly claim to have been humiliated.

And as for Scolari, here's someone who thinks even less of him then I do….

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/worldcup/world-cup-2014-neymars-agent-launches-scathing-attack-on-brazils-luis-felipe-scolari-labelling-him-an-old-jerk-arrogant-repulsive-conceited-and-ridiculous-9596660.html

Last edited by Thomas Clarke on Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone
Number of posts : 4209

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke on Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:45 pm

So, in the shadow of the magnificent statue of Christ the Redeemer, will it be Messi or Muller?  Die-hard fans of each country ask a friend for a little help….

Last edited by Thomas Clarke on Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater on Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:10 pm

Good one.....

I was on another forum there a while ago and noted Angela Merkel praising the Germans strength and concentration. I added a comment that Frau Merkel should stay away from using throwaway lines such as:

All is well in the camp.
We showed great concentration.
We just ran out of gas.
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke on Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:05 pm

Boxtyeater wrote:Good one.....

I was on another forum there a while ago and noted Angela Merkel praising the Germans strength and concentration. I added a comment that Frau Merkel should stay away from using throwaway lines such as:

All is well in the camp.
We showed great concentration.
We just ran out of gas.

Indeed. Given the high demand for one way flights from Berlin to Buenos Aires in 1945, I suspect that there may still be a small group of very elderly men living in Argentina who will be cheering on the Germans on Sunday.
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top