GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paralympics 2012

+6
GAA-Fan
OMAR
RMDrive
Thomas Clarke
Boxtyeater
bald eagle
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Paralympics 2012 - Page 2 Empty Re: Paralympics 2012

Post  bald eagle Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:13 pm

London, you put on a hell of a show, and Ireland put on a hell of a performance! Can't believe it's all over! Roll on Rio!

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire
Number of posts : 2746

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:34 pm

didnt get to watch as much of this as i would have liked but what i did see of it was a truly humbling experience. Whn you think of all the whiging we do about this and that we have nothing really to compalin about compare to the struggles these guys face on a daily basis.

To see swimmers taking off prosthetic legs to swim a race, watching guys who are blind playing soccer, men and womwn with missing limbs playing volleyball and men in wheelchairs playing rugby, put a lot of things in perspective and goes to show what can be achieved when the determination is there.

They put the same effort into as the able bodied athletes and boy were they every bit as committed to winning. They were a credit to themselves and put most of the rest of us to shame.

bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:24 pm

An excellent post, Boc, and I'd agree with every word. Bald Eagle also, and I'd echo his praise of London's organising of the summer's spectaculars. Really outstanding work from everyone who was involved, and also by the sport-loving Brits (and I genuinely say that without any irony), who turned out in their millions to ensure massive support at every single session.
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone
Number of posts : 4152

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:23 am

Even Jason Smyth gave them credit .... Very Happy
Parouisa
Parouisa