Olympics 2012

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Olympics 2012

Post  Thomas Clarke on Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:32 pm

bocerty wrote:
Thomas Clarke wrote:
bocerty wrote:... she would give a few of her male counterparts a run for their money!!

Let's not get carried away Boc! But still, very well done to Katie on her gold medal. Congratulations.

TC there a video of her on YouTube sparring with Paddy Barnes, have a look and see what you think then,

Sorry Boc, I think you are getting a bit carried away. She is a woman. Good for a woman, but a woman none the less. She could perhaps beat average men, but not top male boxers (i.e. anyone at the olympics).
avatar
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone
Number of posts : 4209

Back to top Go down

Re: Olympics 2012

Post  OMAR on Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:06 pm

I,d back her against the pilltown peeler
avatar
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan
Number of posts : 3143

Back to top Go down

Re: Olympics 2012

Post  Boxtyeater on Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:06 pm

Bolt is the complete package.....Media friendly, showman, performer and funnier than Tommy Tiernan.

Rushida is a class act and a thorough gentleman to boot.

Michael Johnson is a top notch analyst. Erudite, informatative and beautifully self-composed, he never fails to impress with his dress code, his intensity when other "analysists" are making comments and his all-round demeanour is excellent.
De Beeb are making a good fist of this all the same. If I could improve their production, I'd get rid if those heinous "long-jaws mics". Even the gimps on Bog 2 have a better set-up.
On Bog 2, that bollocks Jerry Kiernan, what between the sight of him and his bullsh1t, gives me a pain in the hole...

Fógra eile:
Marty Morrissey is an utter spoofer. His attempt today at the "cúpla focail" would put a schoolchild off the Gáelige.
Jimmy Magee's best days (anyone recall them) are surely over....If bullsh1t were a religion he'd be a candidate for Pope.
avatar
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6970

Back to top Go down

Re: Olympics 2012

Post  Thomas Clarke on Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:13 pm

Boxtyeater wrote:
Rushida is a class act and a thorough gentleman to boot.

Yes, totally agree - what a top guy, and seemingly very deserving of his talent and success.

Also agree on Bolt and Johnson.

The Beeb have some assets (Denise Lewis and Steve Cram among them), but Colin Jackson brings little to the table, and Jonathan Edwards lacks all warmth and charm. Elsewhere, Clare Balding is a fine presenter, totally unflappable, even when working with the delinquent Willie Carson!
avatar
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone
Number of posts : 4209

Back to top Go down

Re: Olympics 2012

Post  OMAR on Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:15 pm

With Gerry Kiernan allmyou can do is take a positive slant.
I can tun off RTE 2.
1) And it could be worse imagine sitting beside him at a wedding.
2) what happens if he goes. Do we have to get drowned in a tide of coughlan smugness
avatar
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan
Number of posts : 3143

Back to top Go down

Re: Olympics 2012

Post  Boxtyeater on Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:20 pm

Thomas Clarke wrote:[
Yes, totally agree - what a top guy, and seemingly very deserving of his talent and success.

Also agree on Bolt and Johnson.


An interesting poser.....Have there ever been father & sons Olympic medallists...
avatar
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6970

Back to top Go down

Re: Olympics 2012

Post  OMAR on Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:23 pm

Paul weller and Bradley Wiggins
avatar
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan
Number of posts : 3143

Back to top Go down

Re: Olympics 2012

Post  Boxtyeater on Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:27 pm

Cassius and Willy Claye...... Laughing
avatar
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6970

Back to top Go down

Re: Olympics 2012

Post  OMAR on Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:31 pm

Google comes up with an English rower alled Dickie Burnell - Was leroy Burrell his son?
avatar
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan
Number of posts : 3143

Back to top Go down

Re: Olympics 2012

Post  OMAR on Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:38 pm

Thomas Clarke wrote:
Boxtyeater wrote:
Rushida is a class act and a thorough gentleman to boot.

Yes, totally agree - what a top guy, and seemingly very deserving of his talent and success.

Also agree on Bolt and Johnson.

The Beeb have some assets (Denise Lewis and Steve Cram among them), but Colin Jackson brings little to the table, and Jonathan Edwards lacks all warmth and charm. Elsewhere, Clare Balding is a fine presenter, totally unflappable, even when working with the delinquent Willie Carson!

Shows where track and Field sits in the American scheme of things.
Hes articulate, composed insightful, is their leading track star since Lewis and is their best track star that has avoided any direct doping links since Jesse Owens and still has to earn a crust by putting gold stickers on the beebs blue peter wall chart.
avatar
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan
Number of posts : 3143

Back to top Go down

Re: Olympics 2012

Post  Real Kerry Fan on Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:39 pm

Well done Katie. I am especially delighted for herself, a lovely person. Bolt you boyo that is why he is wearing a decent jersey in my avatar. Gerry Kiernan I do not agree with you , he knows his athletics and is head and shoulders above even Johnson who has been playing up to the British public for years, money talks. Still a great day, Come on my hero John Joe plus Michael and Paddy. Very Happy
avatar
Real Kerry Fan
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Kerry
Number of posts : 1398

Back to top Go down

Re: Olympics 2012

Post  OMAR on Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:46 pm

Real Kerry Fan wrote:Well done Katie. I am especially delighted for herself, a lovely person. Bolt you boyo that is why he is wearing a decent jersey in my avatar. Gerry Kiernan I do not agree with you , he knows his athletics and is head and shoulders above even Johnson who has been playing up to the British public for years, money talks. Still a great day, Come on my hero John Joe plus Michael and Paddy. Very Happy

Bolt wouldn.t be as smart with neil mcgees knee in his back, Mcgrath and Mcglynn holding his ankles and Mark Mchugh waiting for the break, throw in a bit of well researched sledging about the jamaican trials and his defeat to Blake.

avatar
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan
Number of posts : 3143

Back to top Go down

Re: Olympics 2012

Post  Jonsmith on Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:57 pm

McEnroe on the BBC giving his expert view on Taylor's win saying it was a close fight and perhaps the crowd influenced the judges decision. In the next breath asks why she wasn't wearing green for the fight.

_________________
Don't ever wrestle with a pig. You'll both get dirty, but the pig will enjoy it.
avatar
Jonsmith
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Cavan
Number of posts : 2367

Back to top Go down

Re: Olympics 2012

Post  Boxtyeater on Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:58 pm

Real Kerry Fan wrote:Well done Katie.
Gerry Kiernan I do not agree with you , he knows his athletics

He knows fook all about it to be fair RKF. He's spoofing out of his hole and flying by the arxe of his trousers to quantify himself...
He's gotten a bitéén of bitterness to him too, a fooking spoof-merchant and I'd whole-heartley agree with forumite OMAR, a cnut that I'd avoid at a wedding.
Reality bites for Kiernan, John Treacy pulled it out when he was pulling something else.....And it wasn't Bibi Baskin.
avatar
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6970

Back to top Go down

Re: Olympics 2012

Post  Real Kerry Fan on Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:02 am

Boxtyeater wrote:
Real Kerry Fan wrote:Well done Katie.
Gerry Kiernan I do not agree with you , he knows his athletics

He knows fook all about it to be fair RKF. He's spoofing out of his hole and flying by the arxe of his trousers to quantify himself...
He's gotten a bitéén of bitterness to him too, a fooking spoof-merchant and I'd whole-heartley agree with forumite OMAR, a cnut that I'd avoid at a wedding.
Reality bites for Kiernan, John Treacy pulled it out when he was pulling something else.....And it wasn't Bibi Baskin.
No no one of the nicest fellows you could meet. Michael Johnson, a fantastic athlete but an axe licker. affraid
avatar
Real Kerry Fan
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Kerry
Number of posts : 1398

Back to top Go down

Re: Olympics 2012

Post  Boxtyeater on Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:28 am

Real Kerry Fan wrote:. Michael Johnson, a fantastic athlete but an axe licker. affraid

Get a fooking grip....I'm playing a clip of Smith and Carlos in Mexico City 1968. Both Yanks sent home in disgrace, the Italian equally banished....Smith and Carlos were un-employable after the Games but both managed to carry the Italian to his grave 40 years odd later.

Johnson is the epitomy of what WASP America doesen't want...I'm thinking get over......

avatar
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6970

Back to top Go down

Re: Olympics 2012

Post  Real Kerry Fan on Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:34 pm

What a great display by John Joe. Go on my boy and get the gold.It would be a great one. Paddy gave a temendous performance also and nearly shaded it . Proud of our boxtys. Wink
avatar
Real Kerry Fan
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Kerry
Number of posts : 1398

Back to top Go down

Re: Olympics 2012

Post  OMAR on Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:09 pm

Real Kerry Fan wrote:What a great display by John Joe. Go on my boy and get the gold.It would be a great one. Paddy gave a temendous performance also and nearly shaded it . Proud of our boxtys. Wink


Nothing like meeting a Brit in the final to sharpen the interest in this one
avatar
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan
Number of posts : 3143

Back to top Go down

Re: Olympics 2012

Post  bocerty on Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:31 pm

Thomas Clarke wrote:
bocerty wrote:
Thomas Clarke wrote:
bocerty wrote:... she would give a few of her male counterparts a run for their money!!

Let's not get carried away Boc! But still, very well done to Katie on her gold medal. Congratulations.

TC there a video of her on YouTube sparring with Paddy Barnes, have a look and see what you think then,

Sorry Boc, I think you are getting a bit carried away. She is a woman. Good for a woman, but a woman none the less. She could perhaps beat average men, but not top male boxers (i.e. anyone at the olympics).

Jesus TC take the serious head of for once, I was merely suggesting she would give a few males a run for their money, don't micro analyse everything that's said. Sometimes I think you like to look for arguments were there aren't any.

I was hardly getting carried away FFS - stick her in the ring with you for 5 minutes with any luck she might beat a sense of humour into you

_________________
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt
avatar
bocerty
Moderator
Moderator

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5920
Age : 43

Back to top Go down

Re: Olympics 2012

Post  Thomas Clarke on Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:41 pm

Sorry Boc, I thought you were being serious, particularly as I read something similar in one of the papers a couple of days ago. I disagreed with what you said, as I thought that was allowed. In fact, I thought it was encouraged, given that the site is void of much debate these days. But, judging by your last post, I must have been wrong.

Still, I didn't realise it was a joke you were making and, on reflection, I get it. It was hilarious. Unlike me, you have a cracking sense of humour. Tell us another one...
avatar
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone
Number of posts : 4209

Back to top Go down

Re: Olympics 2012

Post  OMAR on Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:43 pm

As bad and all George H is at least he gave us the drama of bahamas overturning USA in the 4x400. The beeb were shocking. Focussed only on Rooneys quest for bronze, which was remote and actually commented on the winner 5 seconds after Bahamas crossed the line
avatar
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan
Number of posts : 3143

Back to top Go down

Re: Olympics 2012

Post  Thomas Clarke on Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:45 pm

OMAR wrote:As bad and all George H is at least he gave us the drama of bahamas overturning USA in the 4x400. The beeb were shocking. Focussed only on Rooneys quest for bronze, which was remote and actually commented on the winner 5 seconds after Bahamas crossed the line

Yes, and apparently Inverdale asking Colin Jackson who had won, and he replied 'USA'! They weren't even watching what was an excellent battle for gold.

USA women very impressive, and a 2nd world record in what has been a vintage games.
avatar
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone
Number of posts : 4209

Back to top Go down

Re: Olympics 2012

Post  Thomas Clarke on Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:58 pm

Tessa Sanderson on BBC at the minute. Hasn't a notion who any of the athletes are, or even who won the races she just watched. Completely all over the place. Gaby having to divert the athletics questions to Amir Khan and Thorpe to spare further embarrassment.
avatar
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone
Number of posts : 4209

Back to top Go down

Re: Olympics 2012

Post  Parouisa on Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:34 pm

Katie was awesome and I had no butterflies when waiting for the decision - she was a narrow but clear winner. (Adams was super too in fairness!)

Paddy Barnes was remarkable - a real fighter. He put the farce of the Beijing 15-0 behind him and if there was real justice (or karma) he probably deserved the countback decision. To go into the last round v the world and Olympic champion and wipe out a 3 point deficit was simply awesome. His 'pretend' choking of the victor was a lovely Olympic moment too. Utter respect for him.

John Joe was different class. As good a performance as I have seen an Irish fighter give. Pure craft. He will easily win the gold tomorrow - the Brit fighter won't live with his class and power. Dodgy decisions won't come into it!

I thought JJ was heading for boxer of the tournament until I saw Michael Conlan's fight. At 20 our man is a revelation - but at 18 the Cuban Carrazana is unbelievable. Best Cuban I have seen for years and I hope he goes pro. If he doesn't I'd advise MC to do so to get away from him!

Brit boxers doing well too - 3 in finals (not English as Amir referred to them - Evans a Welshman). Thought they all won their Semis fair and square but Campbell had a tough one and will pay for it tomorrow.
avatar
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2476

Back to top Go down

Re: Olympics 2012

Post  OMAR on Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:05 am

Parouisa wrote:Katie was awesome and I had no butterflies when waiting for the decision - she was a narrow but clear winner. (Adams was super too in fairness!)

Paddy Barnes was remarkable - a real fighter. He put the farce of the Beijing 15-0 behind him and if there was real justice (or karma) he probably deserved the countback decision. To go into the last round v the world and Olympic champion and wipe out a 3 point deficit was simply awesome. His 'pretend' choking of the victor was a lovely Olympic moment too. Utter respect for him.

John Joe was different class. As good a performance as I have seen an Irish fighter give. Pure craft. He will easily win the gold tomorrow - the Brit fighter won't live with his class and power. Dodgy decisions won't come into it!

I thought JJ was heading for boxer of the tournament until I saw Michael Conlan's fight. At 20 our man is a revelation - but at 18 the Cuban Carrazana is unbelievable. Best Cuban I have seen for years and I hope he goes pro. If he doesn't I'd advise MC to do so to get away from him!

Brit boxers doing well too - 3 in finals (not English as Amir referred to them - Evans a Welshman). Thought they all won their Semis fair and square but Campbell had a tough one and will pay for it tomorrow.


Does he not have go defect to turn pro or has this softened in recent years ?
avatar
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan
Number of posts : 3143

Back to top Go down

Re: Olympics 2012

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum