GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is wrong with Meath football?

+13
GAA-Fan
banjo
Boxtyeater
Real Kerry Fan
The Puke
redhandman
Royal_Girl2k9
patsymc
RMDrive
Loyal2TheRoyal
Parouisa
bluearmy1
Thomas Clarke
17 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

What is wrong with Meath football? - Page 2 Empty Re: What is wrong with Meath football?

Post  redhandman Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:05 am

Cian ward !
redhandman
redhandman
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

tyrone
Number of posts : 545

Back to top Go down

What is wrong with Meath football? - Page 2 Empty Re: What is wrong with Meath football?

Post  The Puke Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:27 am

Sean Boylan step right up.

While it may well get the players and fans onside he is very much yesterdays man and hard to see Meath improving much in the medium term under him if it does come to pass
The Puke
The Puke
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Clare
Number of posts : 2142

Back to top Go down

Post  The Puke Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:30 am

Boylan proposed as Meath's new manager
13 April 2012
Meath county board has called a board meeting where club delegates will be asked to remove Séamus McEnaney as manager and replace him with Sean Boylan.

The four time All-Ireland winning manager will in effect return as a White Knight in order to assist the fortunes ot the Royals.

McEnaney had been given the opportunity to resign on his own terms but chose to fight on and hoped that the backing of his players might save him. However, the move by the county board to confirm that Boylan will return ends any hopes that McEnaney might privately have held.

In a statement this morning the county board confirmed the news which was well known throughout the county: "It has been decided by Coiste Bainistí to recommend to the next meeting of Coiste na Mí C.L.G. (Wednesday 18th April) that Seamus McEnaney's term as Meath Senior Football Team Manager be terminated.

"Coiste Bainistí is also recommending that Sean Boylan be appointed as Meath Senior Football Team Manager."

The Puke
The Puke
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Clare
Number of posts : 2142

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:10 pm

Shades of Dalglish going back to Liverpool here ....
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2438

Back to top Go down

Post  Real Kerry Fan Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:10 pm

It does not matter who they appoint as manager because the truth is that Meath are cursed from the Louth match 2010.An Exorcist would proably be the sensible choice. affraid
Real Kerry Fan
Real Kerry Fan
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Kerry
Number of posts : 1396

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:44 pm

Success, be it in man, dog or beast, is all down to breeding.....

The Dublinese strain appears to have polluted their neighbours.

The end.
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:57 am

Boxtyeater wrote:Success, be it in man, dog or beast, is all down to breeding.....

The Dublinese strain appears to have polluted their neighbours.

The end.

Breeding is it ? ....

Aye - good point old man ... that must explain Leitrim's success so ....
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Real Kerry Fan Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:34 pm

Watch out lads the scriptwriters of 'Green Tea' are lifting our posts. Mad
Real Kerry Fan
Real Kerry Fan
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Kerry
Number of posts : 1396

Back to top Go down

Post  RMDrive Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:57 pm

So the majority of the Meath county committee vote against Banty but not enough (2/3) to force him out. The farce continues.
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal
Number of posts : 3117

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:13 pm

Banty remains - the result I was hoping for. Best of luck to him. I think he has been unfairly treated in the fiasco that has erupted since the Louth game. Plus I think he has been doing a reasonable job as manager but the team's luck turned after the Kildare game (don't underestimate luck), and player's confidence, swagger and pride had all disappeared by the time of the Derry match.

Best of luck to Banty. He knows he'll have to deliver silverware and he knows the majority in Meath is opposed to him. At this stage, his best bet is to throw caution to the wind and ignore the naysayers. Lots of men behind the ball, Bray on the forty and two lads inside. Persistence will yield something, whether Meath lack the heart to implement this gameplan is another debate. Doing it more often can only make it easier for the next manager who will inevitably decide to copy Banty's tactics.

Unanimous decision required RMDrive. Voters were aware of the terms of the vote before papers were placed in the ballot box.
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath
Number of posts : 3089

Back to top Go down

Post  banjo Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:18 pm

Never thought i would see Meath in such a mess , well good luck to them i hope bridges can be built

banjo
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

london
Number of posts : 51

Back to top Go down

Post  patsymc Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:35 pm

Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:Banty remains - the result I was hoping for. Best of luck to him. I think he has been unfairly treated in the fiasco that has erupted since the Louth game. Plus I think he has been doing a reasonable job as manager but the team's luck turned after the Kildare game (don't underestimate luck), and player's confidence, swagger and pride had all disappeared by the time of the Derry match.

Best of luck to Banty. He knows he'll have to deliver silverware and he knows the majority in Meath is opposed to him. At this stage, his best bet is to throw caution to the wind and ignore the naysayers. Lots of men behind the ball, Bray on the forty and two lads inside. Persistence will yield something, whether Meath lack the heart to implement this gameplan is another debate. Doing it more often can only make it easier for the next manager who will inevitably decide to copy Banty's tactics.

Unanimous decision required RMDrive. Voters were aware of the terms of the vote before papers were placed in the ballot box.

banty is doing a great job long may it
last
patsymc
patsymc
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

london
Number of posts : 178

Back to top Go down

What is wrong with Meath football? - Page 2 Empty FAO Loyal....

Post  Boxtyeater Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:48 pm

This is the worst /poorest/weakish Meath team in 50 years...Even Leitrim wouldn't fear them...

Explain:
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  patsymc Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:37 pm

Boxtyeater wrote:This is the worst /poorest/weakish Meath team in 50 years...Even Leitrim wouldn't fear them...

Explain:

bullshit
patsymc
patsymc
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

london

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:49 pm

patsymc wrote:
Boxtyeater wrote:This is the worst /poorest/weakish Meath team in 50 years...Even Leitrim wouldn't fear them...

Explain:

bullshit

mulllin's angst gets the better of him...
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:19 pm

Is there a major upset on the cards.....I've gone for Kildare.
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:41 pm

Well Loyal - any obs?

Injury list is appaling for ye but Cmon the Royals!
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  patsymc Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:44 pm

i have a funny feeling the postive energy sent from other counties will get the royals over the line tomorrow
patsymc
patsymc
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

london

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:48 pm

patsymc wrote:i have a funny feeling the postive energy sent from other counties will get the royals over the line tomorrow

Still sending .............

Uniquely the Dubs in early (all 3 of them) will be roaring for Meath. I'd say if Quisling comes on he'll be roundly booed.
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:08 am

You never know with Meath. I will keep an open mind about tomorrow's game and prepare myself for all kinds of outcome. They have turned into the masters of producing weird results.
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:38 pm

Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:You never know with Meath. I will keep an open mind about tomorrow's game and prepare myself for all kinds of outcome. They have turned into the masters of producing weird results.

Truer words were never written! Well done the Royals - they looked a totally different side to what we have seen this year, and fully deserved their win.

As for Kildare, well, you can see why they wanted Jelly so badly.
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone
Number of posts : 4152

Back to top Go down

Post  GAA-Fan Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:02 pm

Should change this to what is wrong with Armagh football..

Would be better talking about what's good with it, won't take up much time at all.
GAA-Fan
GAA-Fan
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

All 32
Number of posts : 3377

http://www.globalgaa.com

Back to top Go down

Post  bluearmy1 Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:07 pm

Could well be a major turning point for Meath football today!
bluearmy1
bluearmy1
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Down
Number of posts : 307

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:59 pm

By God, but I enjoyed this game. I have to confess to not being a lover of the Kildare style and to add to my distaste, the whole Johnstone sage put me firmly in the Meath camp...I'll try to be succinct.

Meath: Comitted, resolute, fit, together, physical and some very fine scores.
Kildare: The old story, lacking penetrative forwards, over-elaborating and lacking focus.

Michael Collins: Reasonable performance 8/10.

The score of the year to date came on 68 minutes when a Meath defender drove a 60yd. raker down the Hogan Stand side into space where Jamie Queeney collected, turned smoothly and with the ease of a man lighting a well deserved cigar, lofted over a beauty from about 35 yards. What is wrong with Meath football? - Page 2 Smile115
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:59 am

I was disappointed with Kildare yesterday - thought they were better than that. Looked very lacklustre and they did a lot of things half-hearted. You'd always be wary of drawing too many conclusions after one game but possibly McGeeney is losing the edge he's brought to them over the last few years. The sending-off was harsh too and you can't know how the game would have panned out if the referee handled the situation differently. On the subject of which, Collins was very bad. He should be made explain the issues highlighted by The Sunday Game last night.

Meath were good yesterday - we always knew they could do that though. Let's be fair they put together a good team on paper but don't always do themselves justice in battle. Banty deserves great credit too - I've always like the energy and charisma he brought to Meath, but he knows his football too. Massive gamble to take with so many young players but he pulled it off. He'll have headaches trying to pick a team for the Leinster Final - I mean Bray and Byrne came on and did well, so too did Harrington at the back. Reilly and Queeney were the other substitutes and then Paddy Gilsenan has to come back from injury. There's a lot of players started yesterday who've been blessed by all the injuries. Who does Banty drop if Reilly, Bray and Gilsenan are fit after the performance yesterday.
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next