GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Questions Wanted for Offaly footballer PJ Ward

2 posters

Go down

Questions Wanted for Offaly footballer PJ Ward Empty Questions Wanted for Offaly footballer PJ Ward

Post  bald eagle Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:06 pm

I am inviting questions from all Global GAA members that they would like to ask Offaly forward PJ Ward, i have added a small profile on PJ for you to read -

PJ Ward represented Leinster at u-17 level in 2000 and Ireland u-17 Compromise Rules in 2001 against the Aussies.

PJ is one of a unique band of Gaelic footballers who have represented 3 different counties at Championship level, making his name helping his native Westmeath to win the Leinster Minor Championship in 2000, scoring 1-04 in the final with Dublin. He represented the Lake county Under 21s and seniors also from 2001-2007 and holds 2 National League medals from 2001 &2003 while playing for Westmeath.

During his time playing for Westmeath, Ward played for his native Kilbeggan Shamrocks at club level before transferring to the Rahan parish club, Shamrocks in a move that paved the way for his well-documented Inter-county transfer to Offaly for the 2007 season.

He won various club championships with Kilbeggan but failed to win that elusive senior medal with Shamrocks in Offaly, losing the senior final in 2007 which was his first year with the club.

PJ has also lined out for New York in the Connacht championship in 2004 and 2005 was selected New York player of the year 2002 and 2004, winning an FBD league medal with New York in 2004 against Sligo in the final, where he got the man of the match award scoring 1-9 from 1-11.

Unfortunately the playing career of PJ has been cut short and he was forced to retire from the game at the age of 28 after suffering a shoulder injury at work.

This is an opportunity for us to get closer to GAA personalities and clubs by asking prescreened questions, any questions you have should be PM'd to me, any questions that appear on this thread will be ignored. We will email the questions off to the relevant party and publish the interview on this site for you to view and comment on.

No other GAA forum has had the opportunity to undertake anything like this so please think of some questions we can ask. This is an amazing chance to grow the forum, its member base and our reputation in the GAA world.

All questions will be credited to the poster/s that asked them.

The closing date for questions is Wednesday 25th January

Last edited by bald eagle on Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire
Number of posts : 2746

Back to top Go down

Questions Wanted for Offaly footballer PJ Ward Empty Re: Questions Wanted for Offaly footballer PJ Ward

Post  bald eagle Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:25 pm

Bump!

Keep the questions coming folks and make the most of our first opportunity as a forum to question an intercounty footballer.

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire

Back to top Go down

Questions Wanted for Offaly footballer PJ Ward Empty Re: Questions Wanted for Offaly footballer PJ Ward

Post  bald eagle Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:50 pm

Bump....again!

We're all pretty slow on the uptake for this so far folks, don't forget you can ask as many questions as you want, if there are multiple questions i will merge them and all posters who asked the questions will be credited!

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:17 am

Bump

Folks, another call for questions! Please get the questions in folks! I've been slightly disappointed at the amount of questions we have had in so far! Please use this opportunity properly otherwise it will disappear!

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:16 pm

BE I will try and get a couple of questions for you before tomorrow. Incidentally have you tried making contact with Philip Jordan, i believe he is a regular tweeter and might respond to a request to get involved in this.

I dont tweet myself otherwise i'd try myself.
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:27 pm

Less than a day left folks, i will collate all questions at 4-30pm and send them for approval before sending them to PJ.

More questions would be good folks, make the most of this chance!

Boc, i was thinkin of askin Philly alright as he follows our twitter feed, might approach him next!

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:09 am

Just over 6 hours to get your questions emailed to me folks, keep 'em coming!!!!

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:07 pm

Folks, i am no longer taking questions for PJ Ward now and am in the process of collating the relevant questions before emailing them to PJ. Many thanks to those of you who asked questions, i will post them as soon as i get them back.

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down