Tyrone GT news

Page 4 of 27 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15 ... 27  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Tyrone GT news

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal on Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:50 am

Pascal McConnell

Ryan McMenamin - Chris Lawn - Fay Devlin

Pascal Canavan - Conor Gormely - Philip Jordan

Plunketty Donaghy - Sean Cavanagh

Brian Dooher - Brian McGuigan - Ger Cavlan

Peter Canavan - Frank McGuigan - Stephen O'Neill
avatar
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath
Number of posts : 3113

Back to top Go down

Re: Tyrone GT news

Post  Boxtyeater on Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:28 am

Iggy Jones is a startling omission....... Shocked
avatar
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6970

Back to top Go down

Re: Tyrone GT news

Post  Jayo Cluxton on Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:03 am

Was thinking about Tyrone travails recently and had a thought that I am almost afraid to suggest lest it gets misinterpreted. After Cormac and other (too many) heartaches - Tyrone came out like men possessed. Success followed.

Early this year brought even more anguish. The togetherness and unity in those dark days was exemplary and no doubt a huge help. I can't help thinking now that there may be a couple of factors present. Tiredness first - physical tiredness is one thing and can be arrested - emotional tiredness is a different beast altogether.

Secondly, MH has watched his stalwarts pay him and his kin (rightly) the utmost respect and honour. It may be very hard for him (more than any other manager) to make calls against certain players that have supported and maintained him in recent times. It can't be easy for such an honourable man to make clinical judgments. Worth considering.

_________________
"It's a great thing to meet great men but the greatest thing about meeting great men is when they do not see themselves as great men." - Carl Jung (Leitrim)
avatar
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13292

Back to top Go down

Re: Tyrone GT news

Post  Thomas Clarke on Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:08 am

Even in normal circumstances, Mickey Harte is one of the most self-assured but stubborn men you will ever encounter. He thrives on proving people wrong. Now, add sentiment into the mix and it isn't hard to see why he is picking the team he has this summer. But it is still frustrating.
avatar
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone
Number of posts : 4209

Back to top Go down

Re: Tyrone GT news

Post  Jayo Cluxton on Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:13 am

Thomas Clarke wrote:Even in normal circumstances, Mickey Harte is one of the most self-assured but stubborn men you will ever encounter. He thrives on proving people wrong. Now, add sentiment into the mix and it isn't hard to see why he is picking the team he has this summer. But it is still frustrating.

I'd allow him this year - whatever happens. Unlikely as it may seem now - Tyrone could even lift Sam - nobody can tell this far out.

_________________
"It's a great thing to meet great men but the greatest thing about meeting great men is when they do not see themselves as great men." - Carl Jung (Leitrim)
avatar
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13292

Back to top Go down

Re: Tyrone GT news

Post  Thomas Clarke on Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:20 am

Jayo Cluxton wrote:
Thomas Clarke wrote:Even in normal circumstances, Mickey Harte is one of the most self-assured but stubborn men you will ever encounter. He thrives on proving people wrong. Now, add sentiment into the mix and it isn't hard to see why he is picking the team he has this summer. But it is still frustrating.

I'd allow him this year - whatever happens. Unlikely as it may seem now - Tyrone could even lift Sam - nobody can tell this far out.

We could Jayo, but it is extremely unlikely. The trouble is, the younger lads aren't ready this year, because we didn't try them last year. Now, if we don't try them this year....

This might well be Mickey's last year at any rate. Things seem to be coming to a natural end, and not sure he'll really have the stomach to start again.
avatar
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone
Number of posts : 4209

Back to top Go down

Re: Tyrone GT news

Post  Jayo Cluxton on Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:25 am

Maybe so. Don't want to mix sport and life (personal) but how the man has gone on and conducted himself and focused on the job is startling.

_________________
"It's a great thing to meet great men but the greatest thing about meeting great men is when they do not see themselves as great men." - Carl Jung (Leitrim)
avatar
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13292

Back to top Go down

Re: Tyrone GT news

Post  Thomas Clarke on Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:27 am

Agreed, he is a credit to himself and his family.

Any criticisms of his team selection are just that. No reflection on Mickey as a person.
avatar
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone
Number of posts : 4209

Back to top Go down

Re: Tyrone GT news

Post  Jayo Cluxton on Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:30 am

Thomas Clarke wrote:Agreed, he is a credit to himself and his family.

Any criticisms of his team selection are just that. No reflection on Mickey as a person.

And therein is the quandary .....

_________________
"It's a great thing to meet great men but the greatest thing about meeting great men is when they do not see themselves as great men." - Carl Jung (Leitrim)
avatar
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13292

Back to top Go down

Re: Tyrone GT news

Post  bocerty on Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:01 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:Was thinking about Tyrone travails recently and had a thought that I am almost afraid to suggest lest it gets misinterpreted. After Cormac and other (too many) heartaches - Tyrone came out like men possessed. Success followed.

Early this year brought even more anguish. The togetherness and unity in those dark days was exemplary and no doubt a huge help. I can't help thinking now that there may be a couple of factors present. Tiredness first - physical tiredness is one thing and can be arrested - emotional tiredness is a different beast altogether.

Secondly, MH has watched his stalwarts pay him and his kin (rightly) the utmost respect and honour. It may be very hard for him (more than any other manager) to make calls against certain players that have supported and maintained him in recent times. It can't be easy for such an honourable man to make clinical judgments. Worth considering.

Jayo i totally agree with the sentiments here - the trust the players have in Mickey is reciprocated 100% in the trust he has in the players and also the repsect he has for them. No one knows better than Mickey the sacrifices these lads have made for him and as i said in another post somewhere, its kind of refreshing to see that he is prepared to let them decide when they will go rather than cast them to one side because the are past their best.

Though as TC says it is also very frustrating to watch.

_________________
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt
avatar
bocerty
Moderator
Moderator

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5920
Age : 43

Back to top Go down

Re: Tyrone GT news

Post  hipster 2 on Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:19 pm


at this standard its all about winning sentiment goes out the window if mickey thought the young players were good enough they would be picked , its up to the younger players to show the stomach to get the older players out you cant expect the older ones to step aside just for the sake of it
avatar
hipster 2
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

dublin
Number of posts : 471

Back to top Go down

Re: Tyrone GT news

Post  Thomas Clarke on Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:54 pm

hipster 2 wrote:
at this standard its all about winning sentiment goes out the window if mickey thought the young players were good enough they would be picked , its up to the younger players to show the stomach to get the older players out you cant expect the older ones to step aside just for the sake of it

But the problem is that the young lads aren't actually getting a chance. Brian Dooher has played 70 minutes in both games.
avatar
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone
Number of posts : 4209

Back to top Go down

Re: Tyrone GT news

Post  hipster 2 on Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:02 pm

thats because harte is getting him valuable game time , when the young lads push out the older ones it be done on merit and they will be the better for it
avatar
hipster 2
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

dublin
Number of posts : 471

Back to top Go down

Re: Tyrone GT news

Post  bocerty on Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:10 am

hipster 2 wrote:thats because harte is getting him valuable game time , when the young lads push out the older ones it be done on merit and they will be the better for it

jesus Hipster the last thing Dooher needs is 70 minutes - bring him on for the last 15-20 were he can have more of an impact

_________________
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt
avatar
bocerty
Moderator
Moderator

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5920
Age : 43

Back to top Go down

Re: Tyrone GT news

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal on Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:11 am

hipster 2 wrote:thats because harte is getting him valuable game time , when the young lads push out the older ones it be done on merit and they will be the better for it

Bizarre post.
avatar
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath
Number of posts : 3113

Back to top Go down

Re: Tyrone GT news

Post  bocerty on Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:26 am

Reigning all-Ireland minor champions Tyrone were tonight beat 2-13 to 2-10 by Cavan Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

thats 2 defeats to Cavan this year - things can only get better!!!!!

_________________
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt
avatar
bocerty
Moderator
Moderator

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5920
Age : 43

Back to top Go down

Re: Tyrone GT news

Post  Jayo Cluxton on Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:36 am

bocerty wrote:Reigning all-Ireland minor champions Tyrone were tonight beat 2-13 to 2-10 by Cavan Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

thats 2 defeats to Cavan this year - things can only get better!!!!!

Keep telling ye lads ...its all over.

_________________
"It's a great thing to meet great men but the greatest thing about meeting great men is when they do not see themselves as great men." - Carl Jung (Leitrim)
avatar
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13292

Back to top Go down

Re: Tyrone GT news

Post  Jonsmith on Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:14 am

bocerty wrote:Reigning all-Ireland minor champions Tyrone were tonight beat 2-13 to 2-10 by Cavan Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

thats 2 defeats to Cavan this year - things can only get better!!!!!

Big, big win for Cavan.. It's a testament to Tyrone how much a win against you is valued.

_________________
Don't ever wrestle with a pig. You'll both get dirty, but the pig will enjoy it.
avatar
Jonsmith
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Cavan
Number of posts : 2367

Back to top Go down

Re: Tyrone GT news

Post  hipster 2 on Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:28 pm

Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:
hipster 2 wrote:thats because harte is getting him valuable game time , when the young lads push out the older ones it be done on merit and they will be the better for it

Bizarre post.
ha ha you know you never played football coming ouy with a post like that loyal
avatar
hipster 2
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

dublin
Number of posts : 471

Back to top Go down

Re: Tyrone GT news

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal on Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:34 pm

hipster 2 wrote:
Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:
hipster 2 wrote:thats because harte is getting him valuable game time , when the young lads push out the older ones it be done on merit and they will be the better for it

Bizarre post.
ha ha you know you never played football coming ouy with a post like that loyal

Simpleton.
avatar
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath
Number of posts : 3113

Back to top Go down

Re: Tyrone GT news

Post  hipster 2 on Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:43 pm

Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:
hipster 2 wrote:
Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:
hipster 2 wrote:thats because harte is getting him valuable game time , when the young lads push out the older ones it be done on merit and they will be the better for it

Bizarre post.
ha ha you know you never played football coming ouy with a post like that loyal

Simpleton.
see loyal if you really understood the game or if you played a bit you would understand that dooher is getting picked on merit if he had nothing to offer tyrone he be gone , and mickey has got him valuable game time because he did not play much this year but then you dont really understand do you Sleep
avatar
hipster 2
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

dublin
Number of posts : 471

Back to top Go down

Re: Tyrone GT news

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal on Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:45 pm

hipster 2 wrote:
Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:
hipster 2 wrote:
Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:
hipster 2 wrote:thats because harte is getting him valuable game time , when the young lads push out the older ones it be done on merit and they will be the better for it

Bizarre post.
ha ha you know you never played football coming ouy with a post like that loyal

Simpleton.
see loyal if you really understood the game or if you played a bit you would understand that dooher is getting picked on merit if he had nothing to offer tyrone he be gone , and mickey has got him valuable game time because he did not play much this year but then you dont really understand do you Sleep

Yes go back to Sleep
avatar
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath
Number of posts : 3113

Back to top Go down

Re: Tyrone GT news

Post  hipster 2 on Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:53 pm

see the difference between you and me is i actually understand sport you just talk crap
avatar
hipster 2
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

dublin
Number of posts : 471

Back to top Go down

Re: Tyrone GT news

Post  Thomas Clarke on Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:59 pm

hipster 2 wrote:see the difference between you and me is i actually understand sport you just talk crap

Well, you may understand sport, but you obviously haven't seen Brian Dooher play football since 2008. Sad
avatar
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone
Number of posts : 4209

Back to top Go down

Re: Tyrone GT news

Post  mullins on Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:21 pm

Thomas Clarke wrote:
hipster 2 wrote:see the difference between you and me is i actually understand sport you just talk crap

Well, you may understand sport, but you obviously haven't seen Brian Dooher play football since 2008. Sad


Happens to all team's players don't know when to go- Manager's can't make the call out of loyalty from past battles... But you would have to think that the older players are doing something right in training..Otherwise Harte would have to throw in the younger players.....

avatar
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2962

Back to top Go down

Re: Tyrone GT news

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 27 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15 ... 27  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum