The Rugby Thread

Page 23 of 26 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Rugby Thread

Post  Boxtyeater on Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:35 pm

Weekend off to a bad start for Cian Healy, but abandoning your heap of sh1te outside the Shelbourne in a taxi bay is asking for trouble.

Then again, if you have an inflated ego and income to match I guess you are merely feeding the myth......

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/healy-gets-tackled-by-the-clampers-again-29119070.html
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6970

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty on Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:30 pm

another bad day at the office for the Irish lads and Kidney - the only thing stranger than the French No 10 getting the full 80 minutes was the decision to call Murray ashore with almost a quarter of the game remaining

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5920

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR on Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:27 pm

The respective enthusiasm for both "anthems" pre game. To those not in the loop the second one is the home crowd.

http://balls.ie/rugby/la-marseillaise-a-le-stade-daviva/?utm_campaign=twitter&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitter
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan
Number of posts : 3143

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa on Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:40 pm

After another €75 drop it may be time to reconsider my support here. The atmosphere is shocking at these games now and with each ticket coming in around the ton and as hard to get as a League win in Kerry it may be time for the IRFU to rethink the strategy before someone chokes on a prawn sandwich while shouting 'foive hot whiskeeees please' .......

Dubs cheaper and better option ....
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2476

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater on Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:39 pm

Once rogbee players have succeded in getting their boots on the right feet the mental challenge of the game is largely over.

When upper-class prople and women started going to matches I thought it's a shame that hooliganism has stopped because that used to keep them out.
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke on Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:40 pm

Boxtyeater wrote:Once rogbee players have succeded in getting their boots on the right feet the mental challenge of the game is largely over.

Yes, but then you get to see the skill factor, with the tying of laces.
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone
Number of posts : 4209

Back to top Go down

Post  ormond lad on Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:24 pm

IRELAND Team to play Italy Saturday

15 - Rob Kearney (UCD/Leinster)
14 - Craig Gilroy (Dungannon/Ulster)
13 - Brian O'Driscoll (UCD/Leinster)
12 - Luke Marshall (Ballymena/Ulster)
11 - Keith Earls (Young Munster/Munster)
10 - Paddy Jackson (Dungannon/Ulster)
9 - Conor Murray (Garryowen/Munster)
1 - Cian Healy (Clontarf/Leinster)
2 - Rory Best (Banbridge/Ulster)
3 - Mike Ross (Clontarf/Leinster)
4 - Mike McCarthy (Buccaneers/Connacht)
5 - Donnacha Ryan (Shannon/Munster)
6 - Peter O'Mahony (Cork Constitution/Munster)
7 - Sean O'Brien (UCD/Leinster)
8 - Jamie Heaslip (Dublin University/Leinster) (capt)
Replacements:
16 - Sean Cronin (St. Mary's College/Leinster)
17 - David Kilcoyne (UL Bohemians/Munster)
18 - Stephen Archer (Cork Constitution/Munster)
19 - Devin Toner (Lansdowne/Leinster)
20 - Iain Henderson (Ballynahinch/Ulster)
21 - Paul Marshall (Belfast Harlequins/Ulster)
22 - Ian Madigan (Blackrock College/Leinster)
23 - Luke Fitzgerald (Blackrock College/Leinster)

ormond lad
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

tipperary
Number of posts : 82

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa on Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:28 pm

no surprises there ...
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR on Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:07 pm

You learn something new every day

Never knew Italy had a rugby team
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater on Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:44 pm

OMAR wrote:You learn something new every day

No need for that OMAR on the eve of St.Patrick's Day. Wink Wink We were in "hard luck" or were we.....My views are well known on this issue but the performance wasn't good enough. Disciplinary problems there may have cost the points... Embarassed

In other news relevant to thread, I watched the rogbee from Cardiff, purely to see could our Celtic neighbours rise to the occasion and lower "the butchers apron". The answer was affirmatively "Yes we can"....Heart warming scenes in the Millennium, a display of effort, skill and passion with Jonathan Davies telling us there wasn't a cricket in the bars 15 minutes before the off...

Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR on Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:54 pm

Boxtyeater wrote:
OMAR wrote:You learn something new every day

No need for that OMAR on the eve of St.Patrick's Day. Wink Wink We were in "hard luck" or were we.....My views are well known on this issue but the performance wasn't good enough. Disciplinary problems there may have cost the points... Embarassed

In other news relevant to thread, I watched the rogbee from Cardiff, purely to see could our Celtic neighbours rise to the occasion and lower "the butchers apron". The answer was affirmatively "Yes we can"....Heart warming scenes in the Millennium, a display of effort, skill and passion with Jonathan Davies telling us there wasn't a cricket in the bars 15 minutes before the off...

As opposed to the Aviva where with 15 minutes to go v france they had run dry of bordeaux and hot jemmy

OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke on Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:24 pm

Over the last 25 years, Ireland have been the 8th best side in the world. Italy have been roughly 10th. I'd view this as more overdue than shocking.
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR on Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:16 pm

Surprised that TC as forum expert on womens Rugby, has not started a thread to salute our grand Slam winners.
Boxing and Rugby, at least our women are tough
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke on Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:23 pm

OMAR wrote:Surprised that TC as forum expert on womens Rugby, has not started a thread to salute our grand Slam winners.

I was too busy watching the wonderful Yuna Kim winning the women's ice skating world championships last night. Power, athleticism, balance, bravery and grace - brilliant stuff, and no dirty faces or sweat-drenched hair in sight. Very Happy
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR on Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:38 pm

Thomas Clarke wrote:
OMAR wrote:Surprised that TC as forum expert on womens Rugby, has not started a thread to salute our grand Slam winners.

I was too busy watching the wonderful Yuna Kim winning the women's ice skating world championships last night. Power, athleticism, balance, bravery and grace - brilliant stuff, and no dirty faces or sweat-drenched hair in sight. Very Happy

You would have loved it finishing with 10 minutes of backs to the wall resilience on a mudbath pitch with a dozen phases of italian ruck and maul. Mud caked pony-tails everywhere

thescore.thejournal.ie/theyve-done-it-irelands-women-claim-six-nations-grand-slam-835660-Mar2013
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan

Back to top Go down

Post  GAA-Fan on Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:22 pm

29 pages of rugby and we are now talking about being beaten by Italy Sad
GAA-Fan
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

All 32
Number of posts : 3381

http://www.globalgaa.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke on Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:24 pm

OMAR wrote:
Thomas Clarke wrote:

You would have loved it finishing with 10 minutes of backs to the wall resilience on a mudbath pitch with a dozen phases of italian ruck and maul. Mud caked pony-tails everywhere

thescore.thejournal.ie/theyve-done-it-irelands-women-claim-six-nations-grand-slam-835660-Mar2013

I need to install a more robust firewall to block such images
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  champers on Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:09 pm

its funny reading the comments from tyrone fans winning a league game in croke pk against a young dublin side with nothing to play for the cynical tyrone came to the head again the knacker gormley should have being cited for many offences the sledging from tyrone players was disgusting anyway good reminder to the young dubs never forget what harte and co bring to the game nothing if dublin cross there path again in 2013 10+ point win will be expected from thefaithful

champers
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

dublin
Number of posts : 181

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty on Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:47 am

champers wrote:its funny reading the comments from tyrone fans winning a league game in croke pk against a young dublin side with nothing to play for the cynical tyrone came to the head again the knacker gormley should have being cited for many offences the sledging from tyrone players was disgusting anyway good reminder to the young dubs never forget what harte and co bring to the game nothing if dublin cross there path again in 2013 10+ point win will be expected from thefaithful

even funnier reading this in the wrong thread completely!!!!

and the Dubs never committed any of this cynical stuff in the past - the word muppet (with a short memory) spring to mind

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5920

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa on Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:24 pm

In fairness to the Irish rugby team the level of injuries before and during the campaign were incredible. No team would have dealt with them.
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke on Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:05 pm

champers wrote: gormley should have being cited for many offences the sledging from tyrone players was disgusting

Fair play to you Champers, you must have some ears on you. I was watching on Setanta, so didn't hear the sledging. My father was at the game, but he told me he couldn't hear it either, being 150m away in the stand, surrounded by 20,000 fans.

So, tell us, what was said and by who?
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater on Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:35 pm

Parouisa wrote:In fairness to the Irish rugby team the level of injuries before and during the campaign were incredible. No team would have dealt with them.

Ah here!! Haven't they a paid squad of "replacements". You're embarrasing yourself here Jayo, trumpeting up excuses.
This whole rogbee exercise has run it's course. The proof will out in the Lions selection if there's any justification to the whole thing. It was all a sort of Celtic Tiger myth with us anyway, we thought we were invincibile at everything.

The Millennium Stadium typified it for me on Saturday, a proud race of people, raped by Westminster shoved it up their jacksies....
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa on Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:07 am

We don't have the strength in depth Boxty - a bit like Leitrim. Our injury list would be like Barca losing Piquet, Messi, Iniesta, Xavi before a ball was kicked .. and the other half of the team during the season.
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke on Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:35 am

Parouisa wrote:We don't have the strength in depth Boxty - a bit like Leitrim. Our injury list would be like Barca losing Piquet, Messi, Iniesta, Xavi before a ball was kicked .. and the other half of the team during the season.

I guess the flipside to that is to ask what happened last year, when Ireland won only 2 games out of 5. Was that due to inujuires as well?

I go back to my earlier point. Since the game began, and even in the last 25 years or so, Ireland have been the weakest of the 5 Nations. It was inevitable that Italy would take them at some point, and the only surprise is that it hasn't happened before now. With O'Dricsoll going, this may become a more regular occurance.

Overall, the standard in the 6 nations is very poor at present, as it usually is bang in the middle of world cup cycles.
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa on Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:54 am

Ireland won 2, drew 1 and lost 2 last year. Italy have beaten Scotland regularly, France more than once and Wales so it was no shock for them to beat us to anybody who knows anything about the game.

Ireland have not been weaker than Scotland over the last 25 years no matter what way you bend any stats. I would also think we were stronger than Wales for most of this period.

Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 26 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top