The Premier League

Page 38 of 39 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Premier League

Post  Parouisa on Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:24 pm

Jonsmith wrote:

Cheers JS!

Hitting the treble 20 with monotonous regularity now!
avatar
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2476

Back to top Go down

Re: The Premier League

Post  Jonsmith on Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:29 pm

Adkins being sacked is a disgrace. Just read there when he took over they were 22nd in League 1. They are now 15th in The Premier League having just beaten the European Champions.

Le Tissier is letting his feelings be known on the matter. Apparently the Southampton Chairman is a dodgy character.

_________________
Don't ever wrestle with a pig. You'll both get dirty, but the pig will enjoy it.
avatar
Jonsmith
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Cavan
Number of posts : 2367

Back to top Go down

Re: The Premier League

Post  bocerty on Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:41 pm

Jonsmith wrote:Adkins being sacked is a disgrace. Just read there when he took over they were 22nd in League 1. They are now 15th in The Premier League having just beaten the European Champions.

Le Tissier is letting his feelings be known on the matter. Apparently the Southampton Chairman is a dodgy character.

since when did 2-2 represent a win!!!!!

_________________
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt
avatar
bocerty
Moderator
Moderator

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5920
Age : 43

Back to top Go down

Re: The Premier League

Post  Jonsmith on Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:49 pm

bocerty wrote:
Jonsmith wrote:Adkins being sacked is a disgrace. Just read there when he took over they were 22nd in League 1. They are now 15th in The Premier League having just beaten the European Champions.

Le Tissier is letting his feelings be known on the matter. Apparently the Southampton Chairman is a dodgy character.

since when did 2-2 represent a win!!!!!

Embarassed Just drawn with the European Champions!!

_________________
Don't ever wrestle with a pig. You'll both get dirty, but the pig will enjoy it.
avatar
Jonsmith
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Cavan
Number of posts : 2367

Back to top Go down

Re: The Premier League

Post  bocerty on Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:53 pm

Parouisa wrote:Nah - not a bitter Leeds fan - don't care whether they win or lose - but can't stand SAF. But fair play to him - he won 2 CLs in 27 years at the biggest club in the world - the same as Guardiola won in 3 years. And United won both comprehensively.

I see another good man sacked today - Nigel Adkins at Soton. A poisonous league inhabited by poisonous people.

P i see where you are coming from on this one but do you not think that think that the man we see and hear week in and week out on tv interviews and newspaper headlines is possibly far removed from the real SAF, he couldn't possibly be as arrogant in 'real life'.

What we are seeing is his game face if you like, behind it all he probably isnt that bad.

_________________
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt
avatar
bocerty
Moderator
Moderator

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5920
Age : 43

Back to top Go down

Re: The Premier League

Post  Parouisa on Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:14 pm

One of the few 'away from football' escapades involved him taking on the wrong people ... and losing.

What you see in people is usually what you get. I have no doubt that he is exactly as he seems .....
avatar
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2476

Back to top Go down

Re: The Premier League

Post  bocerty on Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:52 pm

Parouisa wrote:One of the few 'away from football' escapades involved him taking on the wrong people ... and losing.

What you see in people is usually what you get. I have no doubt that he is exactly as he seems .....

fair enough - he is a cnut then.

_________________
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt
avatar
bocerty
Moderator
Moderator

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5920
Age : 43

Back to top Go down

Re: The Premier League

Post  Parouisa on Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:00 pm

bocerty wrote:fair enough - he is a cnut then.

On the other hand he is a Rangers stalwart who thinks wot 'appened them was 'a disgrace' and 'a disaster'. So he could be a nice bloke ....
avatar
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2476

Back to top Go down

Re: The Premier League

Post  bocerty on Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:10 pm

Parouisa wrote:
bocerty wrote:fair enough - he is a cnut then.

On the other hand he is a Rangers stalwart who thinks wot 'appened them was 'a disgrace' and 'a disaster'. So he could be a nice bloke ....

i have never heard or seen this but i have a mate who although he doesnt follow soccer but he detests Ferguson, the reason being during his Aberdeen days he said he would never sign a catholic, maybe someone who could confirm this as accurate.

For what its worth i think JS has his Utd goggles on - they might be leading the league but that says more about the schite teams in the league moreso than Utds own performances. Kagawa (or whatever his fooking name is) is no world beater and was only bought because Park was on the road out and the Asian market was at risk.

RVP is the only player they have, the rest are decidedly average, more average though than the twats playing for other clubs. And to think some of them are getting £100-£150k plus per week.

Fergie chats about RVP nearly being killed by a stray ball, ffs give the man a hurl and put him on the field in Thurles on Munster final day, at least then you could argue he was nearly killed with some conviction!!!!

_________________
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt
avatar
bocerty
Moderator
Moderator

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5920
Age : 43

Back to top Go down

Re: The Premier League

Post  OMAR on Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:05 pm

bocerty wrote:
Parouisa wrote:
bocerty wrote:fair enough - he is a cnut then.

On the other hand he is a Rangers stalwart who thinks wot 'appened them was 'a disgrace' and 'a disaster'. So he could be a nice bloke ....

i have never heard or seen this but i have a mate who although he doesnt follow soccer but he detests Ferguson, the reason being during his Aberdeen days he said he would never sign a catholic, maybe someone who could confirm this as accurate.

For what its worth i think JS has his Utd goggles on - they might be leading the league but that says more about the schite teams in the league moreso than Utds own performances. Kagawa (or whatever his fooking name is) is no world beater and was only bought because Park was on the road out and the Asian market was at risk.

RVP is the only player they have, the rest are decidedly average, more average though than the twats playing for other clubs. And to think some of them are getting £100-£150k plus per week.

Fergie chats about RVP nearly being killed by a stray ball, ffs give the man a hurl and put him on the field in Thurles on Munster final day, at least then you could argue he was nearly killed with some conviction!!!!


I don't know if Ferguson did or did not have issue with signing catholics
but his mother was catholic as is his wife.



http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2008/may/18/manchesterunited

avatar
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan
Number of posts : 3143

Back to top Go down

Re: The Premier League

Post  Jonsmith on Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:10 pm

bocerty wrote:
Parouisa wrote:
bocerty wrote:fair enough - he is a cnut then.

On the other hand he is a Rangers stalwart who thinks wot 'appened them was 'a disgrace' and 'a disaster'. So he could be a nice bloke ....

i have never heard or seen this but i have a mate who although he doesnt follow soccer but he detests Ferguson, the reason being during his Aberdeen days he said he would never sign a catholic, maybe someone who could confirm this as accurate.

For what its worth i think JS has his Utd goggles on - they might be leading the league but that says more about the schite teams in the league moreso than Utds own performances. Kagawa (or whatever his fooking name is) is no world beater and was only bought because Park was on the road out and the Asian market was at risk.

RVP is the only player they have, the rest are decidedly average, more average though than the twats playing for other clubs. And to think some of them are getting £100-£150k plus per week.

Fergie chats about RVP nearly being killed by a stray ball, ffs give the man a hurl and put him on the field in Thurles on Munster final day, at least then you could argue he was nearly killed with some conviction!!!!

Kagawa was one of Dortmund's best players in the year when they won the Bundesliga. He hasn't got a proper run in the team due to injury but you're completely wrong dismissing him as just being there to sell jerseys. Have you even watched the guy play boc? By your logic any Asian player will be automatically written off as a jersey selling ploy. Plus Kagawa is Japanese, Park was Korean. Will you sell jerseys in every Asian country as long as you have an Asian player regardless of nationality? Complete bollox.

_________________
Don't ever wrestle with a pig. You'll both get dirty, but the pig will enjoy it.
avatar
Jonsmith
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Cavan
Number of posts : 2367

Back to top Go down

Re: The Premier League

Post  bocerty on Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:54 pm

Jonsmith wrote:
bocerty wrote:
Parouisa wrote:
bocerty wrote:fair enough - he is a cnut then.

On the other hand he is a Rangers stalwart who thinks wot 'appened them was 'a disgrace' and 'a disaster'. So he could be a nice bloke ....

i have never heard or seen this but i have a mate who although he doesnt follow soccer but he detests Ferguson, the reason being during his Aberdeen days he said he would never sign a catholic, maybe someone who could confirm this as accurate.

For what its worth i think JS has his Utd goggles on - they might be leading the league but that says more about the schite teams in the league moreso than Utds own performances. Kagawa (or whatever his fooking name is) is no world beater and was only bought because Park was on the road out and the Asian market was at risk.

RVP is the only player they have, the rest are decidedly average, more average though than the twats playing for other clubs. And to think some of them are getting £100-£150k plus per week.

Fergie chats about RVP nearly being killed by a stray ball, ffs give the man a hurl and put him on the field in Thurles on Munster final day, at least then you could argue he was nearly killed with some conviction!!!!

Kagawa was one of Dortmund's best players in the year when they won the Bundesliga. He hasn't got a proper run in the team due to injury but you're completely wrong dismissing him as just being there to sell jerseys. Have you even watched the guy play boc? By your logic any Asian player will be automatically written off as a jersey selling ploy. Plus Kagawa is Japanese, Park was Korean. Will you sell jerseys in every Asian country as long as you have an Asian player regardless of nationality? Complete bollox.

being best player for Dortmund means fook all when he is in a United jersey thats like saying Torres was a decent striker playing for Liverpool, it would be off little comfort to Chelsea fans!!! Veron was a great player too before his Utd days, would you remember him for being a United great???

Have watched him a few times JS and while it is early days he has done little to impress. Say what you like JS he was bought as much for marketing as he was for his alleged talent!!!!

_________________
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt
avatar
bocerty
Moderator
Moderator

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5920
Age : 43

Back to top Go down

Re: The Premier League

Post  Jonsmith on Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:13 pm

You said he wasn't bought for his footballing ability, that he was bought because he was Asian. I pointed out how good he was for Dortmund. He won a player of the year award in Germany. Are you arguing that means nothing?

Boc could you expand on that extremely general point you just made? He was bought to be marketed in "Asia".. Now do you mean Asia or Japan in particular? If it's just Japan have United given up on the marketing they did in Korea when they had Park? And if it's Asia could you explain how you use a Japanese player to market United in any other Asian country?

_________________
Don't ever wrestle with a pig. You'll both get dirty, but the pig will enjoy it.
avatar
Jonsmith
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Cavan
Number of posts : 2367

Back to top Go down

Re: The Premier League

Post  bocerty on Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:43 pm

Jonsmith wrote:You said he wasn't bought for his footballing ability, that he was bought because he was Asian. I pointed out how good he was for Dortmund. He won a player of the year award in Germany. Are you arguing that means nothing?

Boc could you expand on that extremely general point you just made? He was bought to be marketed in "Asia".. Now do you mean Asia or Japan in particular? If it's just Japan have United given up on the marketing they did in Korea when they had Park? And if it's Asia could you explain how you use a Japanese player to market United in any other Asian country?

what i said was he was bought as much for marketing as his footballing ability - thats slightly different from what you claim i said!!!!!

Winning player of year in Germany means fook all playing in England, yes it says he had a good season the year he won it but it guarantees nothing as far his Utd career is concerned. Its a different league less time on the ball for a start so he a lot of adopting to do and lets face not too many Asian footballers have set the PL alight. Going back to my earlier example Veron was a class act before he joined Utd and yet his career at Old Trafford was pretty awful

Your a great man for twisting questions round JS and being somewhat pedantic, i dont know if they have given up marketing in Korea perhaps you should contact their marketing department, nor do i know what their strategy is for marketing a Japanese player in Asia perhaps you could answer your own question as you seem to know. What i do know is that selling jerseys in Asia/Japan played a factor in signing him.

_________________
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt
avatar
bocerty
Moderator
Moderator

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5920
Age : 43

Back to top Go down

Re: The Premier League

Post  Jonsmith on Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:26 am

bocerty wrote:
Jonsmith wrote:You said he wasn't bought for his footballing ability, that he was bought because he was Asian. I pointed out how good he was for Dortmund. He won a player of the year award in Germany. Are you arguing that means nothing?

Boc could you expand on that extremely general point you just made? He was bought to be marketed in "Asia".. Now do you mean Asia or Japan in particular? If it's just Japan have United given up on the marketing they did in Korea when they had Park? And if it's Asia could you explain how you use a Japanese player to market United in any other Asian country?

what i said was he was bought as much for marketing as his footballing ability - thats slightly different from what you claim i said!!!!!

Winning player of year in Germany means fook all playing in England, yes it says he had a good season the year he won it but it guarantees nothing as far his Utd career is concerned. Its a different league less time on the ball for a start so he a lot of adopting to do and lets face not too many Asian footballers have set the PL alight. Going back to my earlier example Veron was a class act before he joined Utd and yet his career at Old Trafford was pretty awful

Your a great man for twisting questions round JS and being somewhat pedantic, i dont know if they have given up marketing in Korea perhaps you should contact their marketing department, nor do i know what their strategy is for marketing a Japanese player in Asia perhaps you could answer your own question as you seem to know. What i do know is that selling jerseys in Asia/Japan played a factor in signing him.

Boc you said above Kagawa was "only bought because Park was on the road out and the Asian market was at risk" ONLY bought for his marketing value in other words. That's what you said. Now you're saying it was as much for marketing value as footballing ability. Which is it?

Why do you keep saying that he wasn't going to be a guaranteed success? Of course there's an inherent risk in any transfer. You could sign Messi and he's not guaranteed to be the same player but my point was that you were acting as if they had bought the first Asian no mark they came across simply to sell Jerseys in "Asia". Very far from the truth. Kagawa was an established player in League Winning side in Germany. A very promising young player and that is why he was bought.

I don't think I'm required to say what United's marketing strategies are. You are the one throwing out broad statements like "United bought him because the Asian Market was at risk" Without any explanation about how that actually makes any sense. You said Park left so they needed a new "Asian". I presume you would have some idea about how they would use Kagawa to replace Park's marketing value to make that statement?

_________________
Don't ever wrestle with a pig. You'll both get dirty, but the pig will enjoy it.
avatar
Jonsmith
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Cavan
Number of posts : 2367

Back to top Go down

Re: The Premier League

Post  Parouisa on Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:09 am

Good old Clint! The red nosed one acting the bully - again. Gets so wearying. Only 5 in it now ... United to shat their pants again this season. C'mon the Manchester team!
avatar
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2476

Back to top Go down

Re: The Premier League

Post  bocerty on Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:13 am

JS your making out that because he had a couple of good seasons in Germany that he is some world beater and it appears there is no doubt in your mind he will be a great success at Utd. I am arguing that he has done nothing yet to suggest he is going to be a success, yes it is early days but he has a long way to go.

Do you not think that it was no coincidence that shortly after signing him they let Park go!!!!!! Of course Utd didnt go and pick up the first Asian they found and sign him he is, (though when you see guys like Djemba Djemba being signed you do wonder if the scouts know what they are at)

i think there are better midfielders out there who United could have signed but i think a big consideration was the marketing value he would bring to Utd and the jerseys he would sell in Asia. You talk about risk, every signing is a risk but look at the history of Asain players in the premiership, very few have made any impact in fact Park was probably the only one who could be classed as a success.

So for Utd to buy an Asian player in my mind they were taking a bigger gamble here compared to other signings, but that risk was somewhat lessened if he could bring in a small fortune in jersey sales.

Hope that explains better what i mean.

_________________
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt
avatar
bocerty
Moderator
Moderator

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5920
Age : 43

Back to top Go down

Re: The Premier League

Post  OMAR on Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:28 pm

Bad weekend for Nike

1. Lance
2. Tiger and Rory miss the Cut in Dubai
3. Rory goes back to his Titliest putter
4. Fergie wore that hat
avatar
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan
Number of posts : 3143

Back to top Go down

Re: The Premier League

Post  Jonsmith on Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:39 pm

bocerty wrote:JS your making out that because he had a couple of good seasons in Germany that he is some world beater and it appears there is no doubt in your mind he will be a great success at Utd. I am arguing that he has done nothing yet to suggest he is going to be a success, yes it is early days but he has a long way to go.

Do you not think that it was no coincidence that shortly after signing him they let Park go!!!!!! Of course Utd didnt go and pick up the first Asian they found and sign him he is, (though when you see guys like Djemba Djemba being signed you do wonder if the scouts know what they are at)

i think there are better midfielders out there who United could have signed but i think a big consideration was the marketing value he would bring to Utd and the jerseys he would sell in Asia. You talk about risk, every signing is a risk but look at the history of Asain players in the premiership, very few have made any impact in fact Park was probably the only one who could be classed as a success.

So for Utd to buy an Asian player in my mind they were taking a bigger gamble here compared to other signings, but that risk was somewhat lessened if he could bring in a small fortune in jersey sales.

Hope that explains better what i mean.

Still don't agree Boc. They signed Kagawa before letting Park go to QPR. I just think you're throwing out the term "Asian" as if it's one nationality. How does signing a Japanese player make up for the loss of a Korean player in marketing terms?

Why are Man United the only team accused of signing Asian players for marketing reasons? Surely some of the other clubs would have attempted this masterstroke before now.

_________________
Don't ever wrestle with a pig. You'll both get dirty, but the pig will enjoy it.
avatar
Jonsmith
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Cavan
Number of posts : 2367

Back to top Go down

Re: The Premier League

Post  bocerty on Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:47 pm

Jonsmith wrote:
bocerty wrote:JS your making out that because he had a couple of good seasons in Germany that he is some world beater and it appears there is no doubt in your mind he will be a great success at Utd. I am arguing that he has done nothing yet to suggest he is going to be a success, yes it is early days but he has a long way to go.

Do you not think that it was no coincidence that shortly after signing him they let Park go!!!!!! Of course Utd didnt go and pick up the first Asian they found and sign him he is, (though when you see guys like Djemba Djemba being signed you do wonder if the scouts know what they are at)

i think there are better midfielders out there who United could have signed but i think a big consideration was the marketing value he would bring to Utd and the jerseys he would sell in Asia. You talk about risk, every signing is a risk but look at the history of Asain players in the premiership, very few have made any impact in fact Park was probably the only one who could be classed as a success.

So for Utd to buy an Asian player in my mind they were taking a bigger gamble here compared to other signings, but that risk was somewhat lessened if he could bring in a small fortune in jersey sales.

Hope that explains better what i mean.

Still don't agree Boc. They signed Kagawa before letting Park go to QPR. I just think you're throwing out the term "Asian" as if it's one nationality. How does signing a Japanese player make up for the loss of a Korean player in marketing terms?

Why are Man United the only team accused of signing Asian players for marketing reasons? Surely some of the other clubs would have attempted this masterstroke before now.

Park was let go within a few weeks of the signing of Kagawa in fact it could have been shorter than that. Other clubs dont have the same level of support across the world JS.

Its not an accusation as you put it, merely an observation. Its a clever ploy as they know he will sell jerseys and increase the fan base thus revenue is increased.

Thats not to say he isnt a decent player but as i say i think Utd had more than his footballing ability in mind when he was signed.

_________________
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt
avatar
bocerty
Moderator
Moderator

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5920
Age : 43

Back to top Go down

Re: The Premier League

Post  bald eagle on Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:18 pm

Paul Lambert surely a dead man walking, Villa 2-0 down and looking terrible!

_________________
Follow our Twitter feed @Global_GAA

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire
Number of posts : 2764

Back to top Go down

Re: The Premier League

Post  Parouisa on Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:58 am

Could never understand why he left Norwich. Just liek I can never understand why people continue to employ his predecessor. What went on at Forest recently was a disgrace - and senseless ...
avatar
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2476

Back to top Go down

Re: The Premier League

Post  Parouisa on Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:36 am

I see Frank Lampard (he of Sean Cav build Smile ) has signed a deal to write children's books!! Rolling Eyes

The series, "Frankie's Magic Football" will feature characters loosely based on friends and team mates he's played with over the years.

Great that kids will have role models such as John Terry, Adrian Mutu, Ashley Cole etc .....
avatar
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2476

Back to top Go down

Re: The Premier League

Post  Boxtyeater on Wed May 08, 2013 8:24 pm

Parouisa wrote:
Jonsmith wrote:


Shares in Wrigleys are down 72% on the back of today's news regarding the whisky-nosed Messiah....
The minutes applause planned for Old Trafford on Sunday predicted to last 7 minutes. Steve Staunton surely in the frame to take over.....

I'll say one thing in his favour though, that overcoat owes him nothing...
avatar
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6970

Back to top Go down

Re: The Premier League

Post  Boxtyeater on Sat May 11, 2013 11:45 pm

A great day for the under-dog.... Mancini's days are surely numbered. Steve Staunton, given his international management experience, looks a cert to succede at Eastlands. Jim Corr also tipped for a major role in the reshuffle (probably as Court Jester)..


avatar
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6970

Back to top Go down

Re: The Premier League

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 39 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum