The Premier League

Page 37 of 39 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Premier League

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal on Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:28 am

Jonsmith wrote:So United got last year's EPL Player of the Year and Bundesliga Player of the Year for less than Liverpool paid for Andy Carroll. A decent bit of business if you ask me.

You must be joking if you think Kagawa was Budesliga Player of the season.
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath
Number of posts : 3113

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal on Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:36 am

black&white wrote:
bocerty wrote:Manchester United have signed Shinji Kagawa from Borussia Dortmund, is this an effort to rejig the midfield and attempt to win back the league title or is just a case of keeping their foot in the lucrative Asian market now that Parks days at Old Trafford are numbered.

Bit of both I reckon.

Kagawa was one of the most impressive players in the Bundesliga this season, and should bring a badly needed creative spark to United's midfield.

The Asian factor was probably secondary to his ability, but probably played a role in them moving for him instead of other similar-level players.

He played a few decent games when Mario Gotze was injured.

Dortmund haven't lost much and it's no coincidence that as soon as Park leaves, Kawaga joins.

Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal on Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:45 am

Boxtyeater wrote:
Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:Nigel De Jong for Samir Nasri being hailed as the greatest substitution of all time.

This thug......Dear God. affraid

Can't believe De Jong is on the way out. City's best player after Tevez, Aguero and Balotelli.
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke on Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:04 am

Ah, the Premier League. For a while, what with coverage of the olympics, Spain in the Euros, a couple of thrilling golf majors, Frankel/Camelot, GAA championships and much more, I'd managed to completely forget about this over-hyped, bile-ridden, foregone conclusion of a competition (aside, of course, from the coverage that it got during and following John Terry's court case).

Good luck to those who see anything of interest in it, but there is absolutely nothing in it that holds any attraction for me. I'd go as far as to say that it represents everything that is bad in sport, and much of what is bad in society.
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone
Number of posts : 4209

Back to top Go down

Post  Real Kerry Fan on Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:43 am

Thomas Clarke wrote:Ah, the Premier League. For a while, what with coverage of the olympics, Spain in the Euros, a couple of thrilling golf majors, Frankel/Camelot, GAA championships and much more, I'd managed to completely forget about this over-hyped, bile-ridden, foregone conclusion of a competition (aside, of course, from the coverage that it got during and following John Terry's court case).

Good luck to those who see anything of interest in it, but there is absolutely nothing in it that holds any attraction for me. I'd go as far as to say that it represents everything that is bad in sport, and much of what is bad in society.

Well TC although I am a big follower of the ould soccer I can never get interested until after the All Ireland football final.At this present time I dont care who goes where,who is suffering from cysititis,and who plsys who. In the dark evenings it will gradually come back,well not the cystitis I hope.
Real Kerry Fan
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Kerry
Number of posts : 1398

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa on Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:09 am

Real Kerry Fan wrote:Well TC although I am a big follower of the ould soccer I can never get interested until after the All Ireland football final.

Not a problem this year RKF ..... Laughing

I am with TC on this - I find it grossly offensive that someone earns Stg £220k every week ... unless it's me.
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2476

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonsmith on Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:47 am

Jonsmith wrote:
Jayo Cluxton wrote:
Jonsmith wrote:The whole Torres transfer saga is mad. Handing in a transfer request 3 days before the window closes after Liverpool have bought Suarez to play up front with him?? I hope they hold Chelsea to ransom for him..

Premier League lad - madness, greed, exorbitance etc etc. A blot on the landscape of humanity. Er no - humanity is not at play here ....

Absolutely true. And when you see how genuinely upset some fans are about his desire to leave it really does show how vulgar the business is.. I can't comprehend how you could be involved with a business and a set of adoring fans and not develop some semblance of loyalty.
That's a definite plus to being a GAA fan.. We might be utter schite but Seanie is stuck with us.. Very Happy

Shocked

GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Cavan
Number of posts : 2367

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal on Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:53 am

Tevez at 9.0m in the Fantasy Football is some bargain. Mancini will surely play three upfront, Aguero, Tevez and Silva with Balotelli and Nasri getting a look-in along the way.

I also picked Nani and Valancia in my midfield leaving out Young. I wonder will Young get more gametime than the other two? Also I think Rooney isn't great value, think he'll have a deeper role this season with Van Persie up on his own.

Ramires for 7.0m - can't believe that, the best right sided midfielder in the League in my opinion.

De Gea
Clichy, Zabaleta, Jose Enrique
Santi Carzola, Ramires, Nani, Valencia
Torres (C), Tevez (V), Pogrebnyak

I also see that Arshavin is back with Arsenal and Adebayor is back with City. Will they stay?
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa on Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:01 pm

Poor Frank Lampard and the way he is being treated ...... the same guy who with other 'mates' ensured the end of more than one manager at the club. What goes around ....
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa on Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:39 pm

Guardiola's decision to join Bayern is a real slap in the face to Chelsea - and all those 'best League in the world' merchants. He doesn't need the money and sees more potential in Bayern and he's right. The Premier League is certainly behind Spain and Germany now and probably Italy.

That a very ordinary Man Utd (with the exception of RvP) are 13 points ahead of third place Chelsea tells us all we need to know about the 'quality' and state of the English league. As bad as I've seen it in many years with the old buying power largely gone and clubs in massive debt - things will only bet worser. Hopefully.
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonsmith on Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:06 pm

Parouisa wrote:Guardiola's decision to join Bayern is a real slap in the face to Chelsea - and all those 'best League in the world' merchants. He doesn't need the money and sees more potential in Bayern and he's right. The Premier League is certainly behind Spain and Germany now and probably Italy.

That a very ordinary Man Utd (with the exception of RvP) are 13 points ahead of third place Chelsea tells us all we need to know about the 'quality' and state of the English league. As bad as I've seen it in many years with the old buying power largely gone and clubs in massive debt - things will only bet worser. Hopefully.

How do you reckon it's behind Germany and Italy?

GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Cavan

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa on Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:21 pm

Cos its fooking woeful! Bayern and Borussia Dortmund are far better sides than anything in England.

The fact that United have their highest points total at this stage of the season with arguably the weakest side they have had in 20 years points to the real lack of quality as do European performances.

Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonsmith on Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:42 pm

Parouisa wrote:Cos its fooking woeful! Bayern and Borussia Dortmund are far better sides than anything in England.

The fact that United have their highest points total at this stage of the season with arguably the weakest side they have had in 20 years points to the real lack of quality as do European performances.

What were the last 3 Bundesliga games you watched out of interest?

According to you United had their weakest side last season in the past 20 years... And the season before... But this year they have added another world class striker and a Bundesliga player of the year.. So that made them weaker? How does that one add up?

And didn't Chelsea beat Bayern to lift the Champions League? Even though they couldn't even get in the top 4? Also you have yet to explain how the Italian League is better.

If you're going to make that argument at least put a bit of fooking effort in because it's woefully weak so far.

GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Cavan

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa on Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:05 pm

Jonsmith wrote:
According to you United had their weakest side last season in the past 20 years... And the season before... But this year they have added another world class striker and a Bundesliga player of the year.. So that made them weaker? How does that one add up?

And didn't Chelsea beat Bayern to lift the Champions League? Even though they couldn't even get in the top 4? Also you have yet to explain how the Italian League is better.

If you're going to make that argument at least put a bit of fooking effort in because it's woefully weak so far.

Did I say it made them weaker??? I said it was arguably their weakest side - and I do think they have been sh1te for the last 2/3 years - maybe more. The gulf in class never more apparent than v Barca in Wembley - embarrassing tbh. And yes Chelsea 'won' the Champs Lge and the semi - when they were totally outclassed over 4 matches - these things can happen in football. But if you want to argue that Chelsea are a better side than Bayern or Barca work away.

And if you want to argue that the quality of football in the Premiership is great - work away too. United are sh1te and have not a hope in hell of winning the Champs Lge (holy grail of the biggest club in the world) this year or the foreseeable future as the gap to the rest of Europe is widening as are the financials.

But sure maybe they are great.
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa on Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:06 pm

Parouisa wrote:
Jonsmith wrote:

Did I say it made them weaker??? I said it was arguably their weakest side - and I do think they have been sh1te for the last 2/3 years - maybe more. The gulf in class never more apparent than v Barca in Wembley - embarrassing tbh. And yes Chelsea 'won' the Champs Lge and the semi - when they were totally outclassed over 3 matches - these things can happen in football. But if you want to argue that Chelsea are a better side than Bayern or Barca work away.

And if you want to argue that the quality of football in the Premiership is great - work away too. United are sh1te and have not a hope in hell of winning the Champs Lge (holy grail of the biggest club in the world) this year or the foreseeable future as the gap to the rest of Europe is widening as are the financials.

Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonsmith on Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:15 pm

Parouisa wrote:
Parouisa wrote:
Jonsmith wrote:

Did I say it made them weaker??? I said it was arguably their weakest side - and I do think they have been sh1te for the last 2/3 years - maybe more. The gulf in class never more apparent than v Barca in Wembley - embarrassing tbh. And yes Chelsea 'won' the Champs Lge and the semi - when they were totally outclassed over 3 matches - these things can happen in football. But if you want to argue that Chelsea are a better side than Bayern or Barca work away.

You haven't answered any of my questions.

What were the last 3 Bundesliga games you watched to say that it is so much better than the Premier League?

How is the Italian League better than the PL?

You said United have their weakest side in 20 years this year. How is it weaker than last year given that they now have RVP and Kagawa in their ranks?
Also if you could explain, maybe with a few figures just for clarity, how the Financials are widening between United and the rest of Europe?

GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Cavan

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa on Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:50 pm

United owe €400 million - Bayern declared a profit of some €11 million for last year.

Judgments can be made on performances in Champs League - no?

Yeah Kagawa has set the PL on fire alright - nothing to do with the sale of Utd jerseys in Asia, Ashley Young and Phil Jones have been awesome as have the keepers. RvP is a class act and alone has been worth about 15 points to United.

Do you think the EPL is improving? Do you think Utd are in with a shout of winning the CL? Do you think their quality of football is anywhere near Real, Barca, Bayern?

Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonsmith on Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:06 pm

Parouisa wrote:United owe €400 million - Bayern declared a profit of some €11 million for last year.

Judgments can be made on performances in Champs League - no?

Yeah Kagawa has set the PL on fire alright - nothing to do with the sale of Utd jerseys in Asia, Ashley Young and Phil Jones have been awesome as have the keepers. RvP is a class act and alone has been worth about 15 points to United.

Do you think the EPL is improving? Do you think Utd are in with a shout of winning the CL? Do you think their quality of football is anywhere near Real, Barca, Bayern?

United's have the highest revenue of any club in the world. The debt is a huge burden no doubt about that. But it has been since the Glazers took over. Since then United have been in 3 Champions League Finals, winning one and losing the other two to arguably the greatest side ever.

What Dortmund or Bayern games in the Champions League this year were televised that you watched??

You've picked 3 players that have been on the injury list for a long time, Kagawa had looked brilliant before getting injured, Jones has barely featured.

You have yet to tell me why United are worse this year than last year or the year before or how the Italian League is better than the EPL.

I think United are certainly a long way behind Barca, perhaps a bit behind Real (I guess we'll find out in February) but still marginally better than Bayern. So there are 2 teams in Europe that I wouldn't fancy United to beat but think they could be reasonably confident of beating anyone else. Based on that I don't think it beyond the realms of responsibility that they could win the Champions League, unfortunately they have Real at an early stage this year.

I could go back through this thread and pull up some of the doomsday predictions you've made regarding United and the PL but I really couldn't be bothered. Carry on NOT watching the Spanish and German Leagues but boast about how much better they are while you watch Match of the Day.

GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Cavan

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater on Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:33 pm

Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6970

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa on Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:30 am

I concede. United are a fabulous team and to be so far ahead in the greatest league in the world is awesome. They are great to watch, crammed with superb players and as SAF says (unlike small time charlies Newcastle), the greatest club in the world.

Like you too I can't be bothered but admit to loathing what they stand for, the constant boorish behaviour of those in charge and the smugness of the fans. I would love to see them go the way they went after '68 for another 24+ years - not impossible either .... hopefully.
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty on Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:19 pm

Parouisa wrote:I concede. United are a fabulous team and to be so far ahead in the greatest league in the world is awesome. They are great to watch, crammed with superb players and as SAF says (unlike small time charlies Newcastle), the greatest club in the world.

Like you too I can't be bothered but admit to loathing what they stand for, the constant boorish behaviour of those in charge and the smugness of the fans. I would love to see them go the way they went after '68 for another 24+ years - not impossible either .... hopefully.

the voice of a bitter Leeds fan. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
BTW not all United fans are smug.

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5920

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa on Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:29 pm

Nah - not a bitter Leeds fan - don't care whether they win or lose - but can't stand SAF. But fair play to him - he won 2 CLs in 27 years at the biggest club in the world - the same as Guardiola won in 3 years. And United won both comprehensively.

I see another good man sacked today - Nigel Adkins at Soton. A poisonous league inhabited by poisonous people.
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonsmith on Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:41 pm

Parouisa wrote:I concede. United are a fabulous team and to be so far ahead in the greatest league in the world is awesome. They are great to watch, crammed with superb players and as SAF says (unlike small time charlies Newcastle), the greatest club in the world.

Grand so you'll concede that you haven't watched any German teams play despite trying to claim that they are miles ahead of English teams, United are in fact better this year than they have been for a few years and the EPL is better than the Italian League.

Admitting that your loathing of United brought on these rash statements is admirable.

GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Cavan

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa on Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:53 pm

Bayern and Dortmund would knock 7 bells of sh1te out of United - as Bayern did in 1999. But we won't find out this season. Make a few bob for yourself - back Real for a win-win in the last 16.

United may be better than they have been - says it all really. If City get a decent manager they could win 5/6 in a row cos the EPL is pure muck.
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonsmith on Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:05 pm

Parouisa wrote:Bayern and Dortmund would knock 7 bells of sh1te out of United - as Bayern did in 1999.

If City get a decent manager they could win 5/6 in a row cos the EPL is pure muck.

GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Cavan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 39 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top