The Premier League

Page 36 of 39 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Premier League

Post  Parouisa on Tue May 15, 2012 9:46 pm

I thought it was very distasteful the way he swung an imaginary golf club a few weeks back when he scored. Ferguson is a high handicapper so its quite clear who he was getting a dig at.

Also a good source tells me that he did a Comic Relief gig in Manchester a while back, sporting a big red nose. Again its clear who he was getting a dig at ....
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2476

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty on Tue May 15, 2012 9:52 pm

Parouisa wrote:I thought it was very distasteful the way he swung an imaginary golf club a few weeks back when he scored. Ferguson is a high handicapper so its quite clear who he was getting a dig at.

Also a good source tells me that he did a Comic Relief gig in Manchester a while back, sporting a big red nose. Again its clear who he was getting a dig at ....

good to see you found your sense of humor again Parouisa

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5920

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa on Wed May 16, 2012 5:05 pm

Dalglish confirmed as sacked ....
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR on Wed May 16, 2012 5:39 pm

Parouisa wrote:I thought it was very distasteful the way he swung an imaginary golf club a few weeks back when he scored. Ferguson is a high handicapper so its quite clear who he was getting a dig at.

During a post game dressing room rant - Fergie told Rio Ferdinand to cover himself up and said he was taking no more Rock of Gibraltar innunendo.
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan
Number of posts : 3143

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty on Wed May 16, 2012 9:10 pm

Parouisa wrote:Dalglish confirmed as sacked ....

a bad week for United fans just get worse, sure they all thought Kenny was doing a great job and will be sorry to see him go Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty on Wed May 30, 2012 11:08 pm

So Liverpool have decided to replace King Kenny with Swanseas Brendan Rodgers.

Can someone please explain the logic, they Laughing sack Kenny and he gets millions in compensation, they have to pay Swansea millions in compensation to get their new man. Is he likely to do a better job, cant see it unless he has a car boot sale and gets rid of some of the junk which is highly unlikely given the lack of money for players.

No harm to Rodgers but he is still a rookie at this level and a club like Liverpool might just be a step too far for him. I hope i am wrong but the difference in managing Swansea and Liverpool will be immense, he will have some egos to deal with which he wont have dealt with in the past. There is a lot of pressure which he didnt have at Swansea.

I could understand Liverpool getting rid of Kenny if they were intent on going for a big name but seems to me they have replaced like with like and it has cost them an absolute fortune.

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater on Wed May 30, 2012 11:36 pm

Dalglish forewent his compo (to be spent on squad strengthening Laughing )...

Sam Allardyce is committed to West Ham.

Jim Corr wasn't answering his phone it seems.....
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6970

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty on Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:23 pm

So the yanks aren't expecting Brenda Rodgers to perform miracles overnight, funny that given the fact they obviously expected Dalglish to do just that. They don't seem to have much of a clue what they are at.

Would like to see Rodgers do well given his GAA background, but I think he has bitten of more than he can chew.

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater on Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:40 pm

[quote="bocerty"]Would like to see Rodgers do well given his GAA background, but I think he has bitten of more than he can chew.[/quote]

Bocerty shamelessy dragging Mike Tyson into the soccerball thread....
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty on Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:59 pm

Manchester United have signed Shinji Kagawa from Borussia Dortmund, is this an effort to rejig the midfield and attempt to win back the league title or is just a case of keeping their foot in the lucrative Asian market now that Parks days at Old Trafford are numbered.

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  black&white on Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:34 pm

bocerty wrote:Manchester United have signed Shinji Kagawa from Borussia Dortmund, is this an effort to rejig the midfield and attempt to win back the league title or is just a case of keeping their foot in the lucrative Asian market now that Parks days at Old Trafford are numbered.

Bit of both I reckon.

Kagawa was one of the most impressive players in the Bundesliga this season, and should bring a badly needed creative spark to United's midfield.

The Asian factor was probably secondary to his ability, but probably played a role in them moving for him instead of other similar-level players.
black&white
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Sligo
Number of posts : 1082

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa on Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:11 pm

Only another 9 to sign now ...... Laughing
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty on Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:21 pm

Parouisa wrote:Only another 9 to sign now ...... Laughing

Could be worse could be Leeds Very Happy Very Happy

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa on Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:50 pm

bocerty wrote:
Parouisa wrote:Only another 9 to sign now ...... Laughing

Could be worse could be Leeds Very Happy Very Happy

Man City don't go down this route .... if they wanted the market out there they'd just buy Asia ..... Very Happy

And I'll have you know Leeds had the entirely predictable distinction of conceding the very last goal in the Championship during the regular season!!
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa on Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:07 am

The good news for Harry Redknapp is that his severance package from Spurs is £3million, which after tax will equate to £3million .........
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle on Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:08 am

Parouisa wrote:The good news for Harry Redknapp is that his severance package from Spurs is £3million, which after tax will equate to £3million .........

His dog will be pleased! (and i'm not talking about his wife!!)

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire
Number of posts : 2764

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty on Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:48 am

Parouisa wrote:The good news for Harry Redknapp is that his severance package from Spurs is £3million, which after tax will equate to £3million .........

Hard to believe the thinking behind getting rid of him, they were playing easily the best football in the premiership and had some serious talent in the squad.

Levy obviously hasn't though of the next steps were it will be impossible to get a a manager to do as good a job as Harry did, there aren't any out there!,,

Secondly a mass exodus of players is next, Modric, Bale etc will all surely look elsewhere now, if they weren't already!!!

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa on Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:01 pm

Apparently raised the contract issue at Levy's mother's funeral which did not go down well .....

I think Chelsea fluking Champion's League fortune was Harry's downfall .... Spurs were in the box seat for 3rd for a long time and the suits would think that they shouldn't have been sweating over Chelsea in the CL final .... and to lose out to Arsenal will not have helped ....
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Real Kerry Fan on Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:12 am

Harry for the Irish job funded by O'Brien,with government blessing Very Happy . Rosie smiling. :
Real Kerry Fan
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Kerry
Number of posts : 1398

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater on Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:20 am

Real Kerry Fan wrote:Harry for the Irish job funded by O'Brien,with government blessing Very Happy . Rosie smiling. :

A likely pairing RKF....'Arry's able to cope with pressure...

http://www.thespoof.com/news/spoof.cfm?headline=s6i104598
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal on Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:47 pm

Robin Van Persie joins United.

I hope Hernandez dosen't get pushed down the pecking order with Rooney, Berbatov and Welbeck all in the squad.
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath
Number of posts : 3113

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater on Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:35 pm

Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:Robin Van Persie joins United.

I hope Hernandez dosen't get pushed down the pecking order with Rooney, Berbatov and Welbeck all in the squad.

"Rat jumps onto sinking ship" shocker.
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR on Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:06 pm

Boxtyeater wrote:
Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:Robin Van Persie joins United.

"Rat jumps onto sinking ship" shocker.

One half cocked wall street floatation
minus
fees paid to jeffries and credit suisse to underwrite the crock of dung
Minus
50 percent personal family donation to glazers
Minus
Cashlow required to keep huge debt burden rolling till christmas
Equals
Transfer market kitty
Equals
one 29 year old with dodgy ankle and dodgier attitude record who has played well while in the shop window to ensure a good retirement package
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonsmith on Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:13 pm

So United got last year's EPL Player of the Year and Bundesliga Player of the Year for less than Liverpool paid for Andy Carroll. A decent bit of business if you ask me.

GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Cavan
Number of posts : 2367

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR on Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:47 pm

Jonsmith wrote:So United got last year's EPL Player of the Year and Bundesliga Player of the Year for less than Liverpool paid for Andy Carroll. A decent bit of business if you ask me.

They could have paid for them 3 times if they didn't,t have to fund the glazers
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 36 of 39 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39  Next