GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Premier League

+23
hurlingguru
mugsys_barber
Real Kerry Fan
Thomas Clarke
redhandman
samin12
Larry Murphy
3inarow08
black&white
RMDrive
mullins
JimWexford
bald eagle
hipster 2
bocerty
Boxtyeater
SamiPremier08
Jayo Cluxton
OMAR
patrique
Grenvile
The Puke
Loyal2TheRoyal
27 posters

Page 35 of 39 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39  Next

Go down

The Premier League - Page 35 Empty Re: The Premier League

Post  Parouisa Sun May 13, 2012 1:25 am

Aye but he may see it wherever he is for all we know!
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2438

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sun May 13, 2012 1:37 am

Jonsmith wrote:On the eve of City's crowning as Champions of England we can only but think of Patrique.

What would he have posted this evening or indeed tomorrow? My guess is that he'd have been sure to claim how little he cared for such a petty victory, wouldn't 4th place have just been as good he'd have said. He'd have stopped watching weeks ago once he was sure they had the Champions League spot. Mancini's job in danger, after all surely no manager could be kept in charge after the embarrassment of winning the League he'd say.

A real shame he couldn't be here to see it.

Fine post lad. A good commerative quirke to recall those no longer with us..
Patrique would have been proud of it...
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Sun May 13, 2012 4:57 pm

Say what you like about the Premier League.. But that was amazing stuff.

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois
Number of posts : 2239

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Sun May 13, 2012 5:08 pm

What a day it would have been for Patrique.

He must have annoyed God at half-time but he talked him round just in time.

A great finish.
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath
Number of posts : 3089

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa Sun May 13, 2012 10:38 pm

He had the capability to annoy God alright - Lord rest him.

Amazing stuff and almost on a par with the other great Sky Blue victory of recent times in terms of excitement. Joey Barton is a thug but Mancini can thank him for winning him the League. Poor ould Alex couldn't even understand where the 5 minutes came from... what goes around etc. At least the nose was a bit better today - it was pale with the rest of the face. Bolton damned unlucky - shocking first goal against them and in a way I'd have rathered QPR to go down and that tramp with them. The Glazers will not be happy and the big slide may be well underway ..... just look at Liverpool!
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Mon May 14, 2012 12:26 am

Parouisa wrote:He had the capability to annoy God alright - Lord rest him.

Amazing stuff and almost on a par with the other great Sky Blue victory of recent times in terms of excitement. Joey Barton is a thug but Mancini can thank him for winning him the League. Poor ould Alex couldn't even understand where the 5 minutes came from... what goes around etc. At least the nose was a bit better today - it was pale with the rest of the face. Bolton damned unlucky - shocking first goal against them and in a way I'd have rathered QPR to go down and that tramp with them. The Glazers will not be happy and the big slide may be well underway ..... just look at Liverpool!

India,s last over win in the 2011 world cup final ?

OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan
Number of posts : 3126

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Mon May 14, 2012 12:04 pm

Merson must have backed City.....

[
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  Real Kerry Fan Mon May 14, 2012 12:14 pm

Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:What a day it would have been for Patrique.

He must have annoyed God at half-time but he talked him round just in time.

A great finish.

Yes I am sure I was kept awake all night with the sound of a bohran being belted.A time to remberber Paddy.
Real Kerry Fan
Real Kerry Fan
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Kerry
Number of posts : 1396

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Mon May 14, 2012 11:24 pm

A dramatic end to the season and one certainly Patrique must have had a hand in!!!

Seen that knob Tevez holding up a banner today saying "RIP Fergie" whilst on the victory parade. Whatever you think of SAF, the banner was in bad taste and totally uncalled for in my opinion.

Tevez has a short memory too, and i dont think hes in any position to be jumping up on a pedestal and looking down his nose at others. It only took City £1bn to get where they are today. Give them a few years they'll be like Leeds Utd, though their debts are going to come under more scrutiny with the new rules due to come into force.
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Tue May 15, 2012 12:18 am

I wouldn't expect any better from Tevez, a detestable little fooker if there ever was one. But the fact that his team mates or the management team or Kompany the captain let him display a distasteful banner like that doesn't speak well for them.

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa Tue May 15, 2012 9:50 am

Ferguson said City would not win it in his lifetime - banner was taking the piss out of that statement - look at it in the context. Media and PC police out in full force. Should get a sense of humour - and stop getting so far up their own arses.
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Tue May 15, 2012 11:06 am

Parouisa wrote:Ferguson said City would not win it in his lifetime - banner was taking the piss out of that statement - look at it in the context. Media and PC police out in full force. Should get a sense of humour - and stop getting so far up their own arses.

i know what he was getting at P - still in bad taste in my opinion. If Utd had won the title and Fergie had some banner taking a swipe at City i guarantee you'd be the first to have a dig at him.
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  SamiPremier08 Tue May 15, 2012 11:16 am

Banner was thrown onto the bus by a supporter, Tevez picked it up amongst the euphoria of the celebrations and held it up for a very short time. There is no certainty he even know what it said on it. As soon as anyone knew what it said it was removed straight away.

Typical media overreaction lads, that's all.
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary
Number of posts : 2682

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Tue May 15, 2012 11:43 am

SamiPremier08 wrote:Banner was thrown onto the bus by a supporter, Tevez picked it up amongst the euphoria of the celebrations and held it up for a very short time. There is no certainty he even know what it said on it. As soon as anyone knew what it said it was removed straight away.

Dont worry SAMI i didnt for one minute think Tevez had sat up all night making the banner himself. As for not understanding what it said i find that hard to believe too - had it of said "Tevez is a w@nker" you can guarantee he would not have been showing it off.
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  SamiPremier08 Tue May 15, 2012 11:52 am

bocerty wrote:
SamiPremier08 wrote:Banner was thrown onto the bus by a supporter, Tevez picked it up amongst the euphoria of the celebrations and held it up for a very short time. There is no certainty he even know what it said on it. As soon as anyone knew what it said it was removed straight away.

Dont worry SAMI i didnt for one minute think Tevez had sat up all night making the banner himself. As for not understanding what it said i find that hard to believe too - had it of said "Tevez is a w@nker" you can guarantee he would not have been showing it off.

I'm not defending the idiot, just saying the media are making a much bigger thing of it than it probably is. Yes Tevez probably would have understood the sign, but did he actually read it? He held it up for around five seconds. Stupid thing to do but everyone apart from the tabloids got over it after ten minutes.
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary
Number of posts : 2682

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Tue May 15, 2012 1:19 pm

Parouisa wrote:Ferguson said City would not win it in his lifetime - banner was taking the piss out of that statement - look at it in the context. Media and PC police out in full force. Should get a sense of humour - and stop getting so far up their own arses.

You found the banner funny then? Suspect

Tevez at the very least knew he was holding up a banner about Fergie. I would imagine he knew well what it said. Nobody on here is claiming it's the end of the world, but distasteful and classless on what should be a day only about City and their achievement. Not that I'd expect any better from Tevez.

And of course, if it was a United player who did this.....

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa Tue May 15, 2012 1:20 pm

Jonsmith wrote:You found the banner funny then? Suspect

In the context of Ferguson's jibe - yes I did.
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Tue May 15, 2012 1:40 pm

Parouisa wrote:
Jonsmith wrote:You found the banner funny then? Suspect

In the context of Ferguson's jibe - yes I did.

If it was something similar to the "Perch" jibe then I could understand it and appreciate the joke. But holding up a mock imagine of a grave stone of a 70 year old man is not funny in my book, no matter what the connection.

Also, Tevez has admitted he knew what it said.

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa Tue May 15, 2012 2:27 pm

I never argued whether he knew or not - that's immaterial to me. If a guy says a team won't win the Premiership in his life time and then they do and someone holds up a banner saying RIP then thats a good old ironic laugh at him.

Then that's before the PC brigade and humourless sour basterds took over mother earth and started going off on one about literally everything.
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Tue May 15, 2012 3:24 pm

Parouisa wrote:I never argued whether he knew or not - that's immaterial to me. If a guy says a team won't win the Premiership in his life time and then they do and someone holds up a banner saying RIP then thats a good old ironic laugh at him.

Then that's before the PC brigade and humourless sour basterds took over mother earth and started going off on one about literally everything.

Literally everything? I literally died when I read this. Literally. Razz

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa Tue May 15, 2012 3:43 pm

Now you're getting it too! Smile
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa Tue May 15, 2012 3:54 pm

Rumours abounding that Dalglish has resigned! McLeish yesterday, Coyle relegated, Ferguson throws away the league leading by 8 points with just 6 games to go .... Scots managers are not the flavour of the month!
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Tue May 15, 2012 3:59 pm

Parouisa wrote:I never argued whether he knew or not - that's immaterial to me. If a guy says a team won't win the Premiership in his life time and then they do and someone holds up a banner saying RIP then thats a good old ironic laugh at him.

Jesus P theres no bigger sour basterd round here lately than your good self. Everythings a whinge lately with you
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa Tue May 15, 2012 4:01 pm

bocerty wrote:Jesus P theres no bigger sour basterd round here lately than your good self. Everythings a whinge lately with you

Another one who's finally getting it ... 3 today already. Excellent. Smile
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Tue May 15, 2012 6:14 pm

Tevez. There'd be no celebrations if it weren't for him. His return turned things around for City.
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath
Number of posts : 3089

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 35 of 39 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39  Next