GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Euro 2012 Thread

+29
GAA-Fan
Thomas Clarke
Podger
Parouisa
hipster 2
samin12
OMAR
mugsys_barber
mullins
black&white
SamiPremier08
Real Kerry Fan
Grenvile
Loyal2TheRoyal
rich dublin
RMDrive
Peter Solan the Great
bocerty
Joseff
patrique
Boxtyeater
Larry Murphy
JimWexford
hurlingguru
3inarow08
Jayo Cluxton
Sawyer
clash-of-da-ash
The Puke
33 posters

Page 2 of 29 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 29  Next

Go down

Euro 2012 Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Euro 2012 Thread

Post  Larry Murphy Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:31 pm

Joseff wrote:
Larry Murphy wrote:
Joseff wrote:
Larry Murphy wrote:I wonder what a merged FAI/IFA team would look like.

Johnny Evans would tighten up the defence and an in-form David Healy would be a far better option than Kevin Doyle. Surely ye have better midfielders than Whelan and Green as well...?

Ah Lawrence ya can't be serious. I thought you were ment to "know about" soccer?

Kevin Doyle was our best player last night. It anything it's that crying little whimp Keane that should be ran away.

Not that Healy would be an addition anyway? does he even play for a club?
He had 2 good years in the NI (British) jersey and has vanished since.

Don't think Evans would get his place in defence either. Its by far our strongest line.

What about Gibson for center mid possibly the only Brit that would get on the Republic team.

Yours In Sport,
Joseff

Gibson plays for the Republic, Joseff.

Healy is a proven international goalscorer and on form is a FAR better option than Kevin Doyle. Mind you, he hasn't been on form for a while now. Needs to get himself away from Sunderland.

As for Evans, well if we had him we mightn't have to ever see Paul McShane in the green again.

Jaysus I always thought Gibson was one of the Brits. Whats Trapp at that he plays the two donkeys then instead of him?

So then we agree what 0 NI Brits would get onto the Republic team, good.
We don't need them for the rugby either.

Let them stay their side of the border and we will stay ours.

On the point of Paul McShane, I wouldn't insult the grass by having him on a pitch.

Yours In Sport,
Joseff

Well Gibson is from the North but he controversially switched his allegiance having played for NI at under 16 level.

Are you suggesting that there should be a separate NI rugby team? The one advantage of that would be that we wouldn't have to put up with that God awful Ireland's Call. Amhráin na bhFainn at away games would be nice. Andrew Trimble would be the biggest loss.

Larry Murphy
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

One that's the wrong side of the Shannon
Number of posts : 130

Back to top Go down

Post  The Puke Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:34 pm

Healy is in his bollix a better option than Doyle, the only thing Healy is good for is chasing long balls over the top at Windsor Park....Kevin Doyle mightn't be the most prolific goalscorer but as Paris and last night showed he is an integral part of this Irsh team due to his work rate, his ability to hold up the ball and strength in the air, all three aspects that Healy does not have....To say he is a better option than Doyle is complete and utter non sense....

Gibson has potential but for a lad his size he doesn't impose himself on games and lacks a bit of aggression, he has ben given chances by Trap and hasn't impressed, Cyprus at home in the last qualifying campagn he was terrible
The Puke
The Puke
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Clare
Number of posts : 2142

Back to top Go down

Post  Joseff Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:37 pm

Larry Murphy wrote:
Joseff wrote:
Larry Murphy wrote:
Joseff wrote:
Larry Murphy wrote:I wonder what a merged FAI/IFA team would look like.

Johnny Evans would tighten up the defence and an in-form David Healy would be a far better option than Kevin Doyle. Surely ye have better midfielders than Whelan and Green as well...?

Ah Lawrence ya can't be serious. I thought you were ment to "know about" soccer?

Kevin Doyle was our best player last night. It anything it's that crying little whimp Keane that should be ran away.

Not that Healy would be an addition anyway? does he even play for a club?
He had 2 good years in the NI (British) jersey and has vanished since.

Don't think Evans would get his place in defence either. Its by far our strongest line.

What about Gibson for center mid possibly the only Brit that would get on the Republic team.

Yours In Sport,
Joseff

Gibson plays for the Republic, Joseff.

Healy is a proven international goalscorer and on form is a FAR better option than Kevin Doyle. Mind you, he hasn't been on form for a while now. Needs to get himself away from Sunderland.

As for Evans, well if we had him we mightn't have to ever see Paul McShane in the green again.

Jaysus I always thought Gibson was one of the Brits. Whats Trapp at that he plays the two donkeys then instead of him?

So then we agree what 0 NI Brits would get onto the Republic team, good.
We don't need them for the rugby either.

Let them stay their side of the border and we will stay ours.

On the point of Paul McShane, I wouldn't insult the grass by having him on a pitch.

Yours In Sport,
Joseff

Well Gibson is from the North but he controversially switched his allegiance having played for NI at under 16 level.

Are you suggesting that there should be a separate NI rugby team? The one advantage of that would be that we wouldn't have to put up with that God awful Ireland's Call. Amhráin na bhFainn at away games would be nice. Andrew Trimble would be the biggest loss.

You've gone slighly off topic here Lawrence, but anyway.

Yes let them have a NI Rugby team, all we would be missing on, would be a few euros from them at the toll bridge on the M1. Thats if any of the prods come anyway.

Trimble himself is no loss. I'd prefer to play with 14 that have that elephant waste a good jersey and space on the field.

Yours In Sport,
Joseff
Joseff
Joseff
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Louth
Number of posts : 140

Back to top Go down

Post  Larry Murphy Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:44 pm

Well let's get back to the topic of Euro 2012 qualification then.

Ireland can't be struggling with the likes of Armenia if they expect to qualify. I hope the whole late goal problem has been sorted but at times last night I thought it was going to resurface.

Larry Murphy
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Back to top Go down

Post  The Puke Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:01 pm

Larry Murphy wrote:Well let's get back to the topic of Euro 2012 qualification then.

Ireland can't be struggling with the likes of Armenia if they expect to qualify. I hope the whole late goal problem has been sorted but at times last night I thought it was going to resurface.

Have a look at Armenia's home record in the last qualiying campaign and also a look at the other results in the group last night....It may well be a cliche but there are no more easy games at international level and given tha players we have we ain't going to play any side off the field for 90 minutes and win comfortably...We have a very good chance of qualifying out of this group with a resiliant enough team but we ain't a side that will beat anyone(faroes/Andorra included) 3 or 4 nil, but by the same token we won't lose to any side by 3 or 4 goals
The Puke
The Puke
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Clare

Back to top Go down

Post  patrique Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:20 pm

[quote="Joseff"]
patrique wrote:
Joseff wrote:
patrique wrote:Great win tonight for our boys against Slovenia, who did well in the World Cup.

"There's only one team in Ireland....."

And to be honest I haven't heard of most of them.

Mind you, I haven't heard of most of the ROI team either these days.

Paddy, don't tell me you support the Orange Men's soccer team ?

I suppose you will be in Raven Hill aswell bearing a Union Jack come the Heineken Cup.

[b]Traitor...Traitor.....Traitor !

I am sitting here now wearing an Ulster Rugby top as it so happens. I also have Munster, Ireland and Stade francais tops. Sectarian bigots accept all of those apart from the Ulster jersey.

I also support Ulster in the railway cup and no-one has objected to that yet. It is indeed a strange world we inhabit.

In 1999 when ulster won the Heinekin cup (part of the peace process I always thought) it actually worked as there were thousands of GAA fans at the final in Landsdowne waving Ulster flags, mixing with their cultured unionist friends.

Being originally from West belfast and immersed in that "culture" I shall never forget the chants of "there's only one team in Ireland" and will not rest easy until we recapture the 26 counties.

Robbed at boxing, gaelic football, basketball, hurling and soccer by cheating southern administrators I could never support them.

I remember boxing in Dublin, knocked the local guy out, and was lucky to get a draw.

No, it is the "wee six" for me. I would accept the Ulster Rugby team without Tommy Bowe and the 3 "foreign counties.

Mind you, I will still be supporting my beloved Italy at Windsor.

As i said, Traitor...Traitor...Traitor.

I suppose you were going to march behind Willie Frazer for the "Love Ulster" ***** aswell?

Why would you support the Brits (Ulster Rugby and NI Football)
What catholics is there on either of these two teams?

I would guess Niall Lennon was the last. Look how he was treated by the loyalist (racist, KKK) scum in the stands.

Yours In Sport,
Joseff

What Catholics play for Northern Ireland or Ulster?

How the #uc# would I know, I don't know or care what religion the people next door are.

If I based support on how many Catholics play for a team I would be a Rangers/Linfield fan.

As for Neil Lennon, I phoned the threat because he was a useless git and I had to get him off the team somehow.
patrique
patrique
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Antrim
Number of posts : 2424

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:32 pm

Great to see we can win without Paul McShane.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  clash-of-da-ash Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:15 pm

The way Trappatoni sets up the team we won't hammer teams but we won't lose by anything more than a goal either. Its unlikely that the group will go down to points difference and after all its the 3 points that matter. When you also look at our population its not a whole lot bigger than some of the so called minnows in our group. Armenia have a very young team and look set to become the new Cprus.

Armenia- 3.3m
Macedonia- 2.1m
Slovakia- 5.4m
Russia- 142m
Ireland- 4.5m
clash-of-da-ash
clash-of-da-ash
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

East Galway
Number of posts : 1932

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:42 pm

clash-of-da-ash wrote:
Armenia- 3.3m
Macedonia- 2.1m
Slovakia- 5.4m
Russia- 142m
Ireland- 4.5m

True Clash but Dublin have 1.1m of the 4.5 and can win **** all! Laughing
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:19 pm

clash-of-da-ash wrote:The way Trappatoni sets up the team we won't hammer teams but we won't lose by anything more than a goal either. Its unlikely that the group will go down to points difference and after all its the 3 points that matter. When you also look at our population its not a whole lot bigger than some of the so called minnows in our group. Armenia have a very young team and look set to become the new Cprus.

Armenia- 3.3m
Macedonia- 2.1m
Slovakia- 5.4m
Russia- 142m

Ireland- 4.5m

are half of those people not living in Ireland?????
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:30 pm

Russia beaten 1-0 by Slovakia in Moscow!!!!! That sets the feline among the columbidae!
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  The Puke Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:55 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:Russia beaten 1-0 by Slovakia in Moscow!!!!! That sets the feline among the columbidae!

Watched the last half an hour of it....Slovakia as they showed at the WC are no pushover and counter attack with serious pace, Hamsik in midfield has a real touch of class about always looks like he has time on the ball....Huge game against Russia next month in the Aviva, looks as though they aren't the team they were a couple of years ago, Dick Advocaat wouldn't exactly be known for getting teams to play decent football
The Puke
The Puke
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Clare

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:57 pm

He was great at Rangers ...........
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  JimWexford Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:29 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:
clash-of-da-ash wrote:
Armenia- 3.3m
Macedonia- 2.1m
Slovakia- 5.4m
Russia- 142m
Ireland- 4.5m

True Clash but Dublin have 1.1m of the 4.5 and can win **** all! Laughing
closer to 1.8m is it not
JimWexford
JimWexford
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Wexford
Number of posts : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:03 pm

Jesus I caught the last ten minutes of that and can only say that it is ten minutes of my life I will neverr have back .... Evil or Very Mad

1.8m Jim? I don't think so. 1.18 I think you mean - 506k in the City area.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:48 pm

What about Zinedine Kilbane's goal on his 9,578th consecutive appearance. And I note Paul McS on the bench looking fit and chomping at the bit. Add in Whelo (Glen of course), Gibson, Green (unbelievably so), the ever profilgate prolific Keane, McGeady - new star man in Moscow - and the Russians must be quaking in their size 13s.

Euro 2012 here we come. Where is it on?
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  clash-of-da-ash Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:52 pm

Poland/Ukraine.

6 points out of the first 2 games was what was expected and they delivered. Take it one game at a time and we should be ok. Russia will be a huge step up but a 1-0 win is possible. Ireland may not have been over impressive but Russia haven't been either for quite some time, blew it against Slovenia in November, 2-0 up at home and then took off Semak and let in a crucial way goal by trying to get a third, and now they have lost one of their opening matches.
clash-of-da-ash
clash-of-da-ash
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

East Galway
Number of posts : 1932

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:56 pm

Armenia could have won too - 2 goals in injury time, the second for the Macedonians (Alexander the Great would be pleased I imagine!)

A bit like the Scottish game maybe where the stadium announcer apparently announced 'additional time will be ... until we get the winner (turned out to be 7 minutes! - better than our 0-0 draw against Leich though!).

Still the more draws in the group (not involving us, the better).
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Joseff Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:12 am

God help any clown that paid 70 quid in to watch that muck.

UEFA should consider splitting the grades and having a 2 or ever 3 tier comp.
Although that would possible mean us playing in the second tier !

Soccer, has and always will be the poor relation of GAA.
There was more entertainment in 5 mins of the hurling final than the entire 90 of rubbish tonight.

What about the captains ment to be talking shyte before the match aswell. They spend so much on the stadium and they can't get a microphone that half works.
Although, giving that we would have to endure Robert Keanes horrible school-child, pre-puberty voice, it's probely all the better.

Leave the soccer to the brits lads !

Yours In Sport,
Joseff
Joseff
Joseff
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Louth

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:34 am

Joseff wrote:Although, giving that we would have to endure Robert Keanes horrible school-child, pre-puberty voice, it's probely all the better.

'Spoken' like a man someone who obviously knows a lot about these things ...
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  patrique Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:34 am

Jayo Cluxton wrote:What about Zinedine Kilbane's goal on his 9,578th consecutive appearance. And I note Paul McS on the bench looking fit and chomping at the bit. Add in Whelo (Glen of course), Gibson, Green (unbelievably so), the ever profilgate prolific Keane, McGeady - new star man in Moscow - and the Russians must be quaking in their size 13s.

Super win. FIFA rankings only go to 207, but Andorra are 201st, below US Virgin Islands and .....the power that is Timor-Leste. Where the hell is Timor Leste.

however ROI haven't beaten a team ranked above them, such as say Slovenia, for some years now.

Worrying.
patrique
patrique
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Antrim
Number of posts : 2424

Back to top Go down

Post  Joseff Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:37 am

Jayo Cluxton wrote:
Joseff wrote:Although, giving that we would have to endure Robert Keanes horrible school-child, pre-puberty voice, it's probely all the better.

'Spoken' like a man someone who obviously knows a lot about these things ...

JC you are forgetting I like Paddy there, decided to put up a picture of myself.

<<<------- there I am JC. What age would ya say I am Very Happy

Yours In Sport,
Joseff
Joseff
Joseff
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Louth

Back to top Go down

Post  The Puke Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:18 pm

patrique wrote:
Jayo Cluxton wrote:What about Zinedine Kilbane's goal on his 9,578th consecutive appearance. And I note Paul McS on the bench looking fit and chomping at the bit. Add in Whelo (Glen of course), Gibson, Green (unbelievably so), the ever profilgate prolific Keane, McGeady - new star man in Moscow - and the Russians must be quaking in their size 13s.

Super win. FIFA rankings only go to 207, but Andorra are 201st, below US Virgin Islands and .....the power that is Timor-Leste. Where the hell is Timor Leste.

however ROI haven't beaten a team ranked above them, such as say Slovenia, for some years now.

Worrying.

Rolling Eyes

We beat France last November
The Puke
The Puke
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Clare

Back to top Go down

Post  Peter Solan the Great Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:02 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:Armenia could have won too - 2 goals in injury time, the second for the Macedonians (Alexander the Great would be pleased I imagine!)

A bit like the Scottish game maybe where the stadium announcer apparently announced 'additional time will be ... until we get the winner (turned out to be 7 minutes! - better than our 0-0 draw against Leich though!).

Still the more draws in the group (not involving us, the better).

Alexander the Great had nothing to do with Modern Macdonia. The Greeks were quite pissed off that they took the name Macedonia and have been campaigning for some years to get them to change it. Hence they are called the Former yougoslav republic of Macedonia.

Patrique Timor Leste borders Indonesia. Its a former Portugese Colony which explains their techinacl style of play.
Peter Solan the Great
Peter Solan the Great
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Mayo
Number of posts : 172

Back to top Go down

Post  Larry Murphy Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:15 pm

patrique wrote:

Worrying.

I knew Andorra were hopeless, but 201st in the world??? Wow, we'd want to be getting more than 3 against them EVEN if Trap's style of play doesn't normally allow for that.

Larry Murphy
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 29 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 29  Next