GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dublin GG News

+33
patsymc
Podger
bluearmy1
bald eagle
Parouisa
KerryKatriona
redhandman
hipster 2
Thomas Clarke
scoopmine
The Puke
jimbodub
bocerty
Real Kerry Fan
Royal_Girl2k9
Grenvile
black&white
whiterbananas
Floops
Omagh RedHand
Loyal2TheRoyal
mid-mon man
mossbags
OMAR
JimWexford
Boxtyeater
GAA-Fan
AdamG
RMDrive
Shinners
Jayo Cluxton
mugsys_barber
mullins
37 posters

Page 22 of 39 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 30 ... 39  Next

Go down

Dublin GG News - Page 22 Empty Re: Dublin GG News

Post  mullins Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:41 pm

The Puke wrote:
mullins wrote:The only All star Wexford got in 04 was for winning Leinster.....Yet we have Tipp/Waterford sharing 7 for winning Munster in your book...Yet the team that beat wexford won Liam confused

It isn't just about winning Munster, it is about the manner in which they did it, both played great hunrling in Munster in 2007 and 2008 respectively and lost tight semi finals which were far better spectacles that the A/I finals and as I said the fact that the all ireland's were very one sided affair ment that more stock was put in these. The fact that Wexford were hammered by 18 points by Cork in 2004 counted against them in the All Star stakes as well
Puke were going no where here my opinion is that the league final counts....I'm sorry to say but you won't change that... Cool
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2954

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:11 pm

Dublin Co Board apparently got just 8,000 tickets for the Final. It'll be some scramble.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  Royal_Girl2k9 Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:12 pm

I've heard that as well. I know a fair few dubs (who would have gone to every match this year) who are in big trouble trying to get them
Royal_Girl2k9
Royal_Girl2k9
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Meath
Number of posts : 1144

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:17 pm

Royal_Girl2k9 wrote:I've heard that as well. I know a fair few dubs (who would have gone to every match this year) who are in big trouble trying to get them

Unfortunately there will be many thousand people in Croker on Sunday week for the first time this year. Always the same ....
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Royal_Girl2k9 Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:32 pm

If we ever got to the All Ireland and I didn't get a ticket there'd be killings..
Royal_Girl2k9
Royal_Girl2k9
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Meath

Back to top Go down

Post  hipster 2 Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:45 pm

i am giving my ticket to an old dear who lives down the road from me she is going since the 70 s it be a nice surprise for her .
hipster 2
hipster 2
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

dublin
Number of posts : 467

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:25 pm

Let their be no panic to early yet to be worrying about tickets....I'm just enjoying the moment...If your badly stuck boxtys web site Need A Ticket have them on sale at the moment.. Rolling Eyes
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:36 pm

[quote="hipster 2"]i am giving my ticket to an old dear who lives down the road from me she is going since the 70 s it be a nice surprise for her .[/quote]

"I have found the one true Lord" post from Hip here..... Laughing

I can picture the scenario all right...Hip all smiles at the door and the mini-Hips making off with the old dear's coal from the shed out the back...

The Dubs...you couldn't be up to them.... Wink
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:39 pm

mullins wrote:Let their be no panic to early yet to be worrying about tickets....I'm just enjoying the moment...If your badly stuck boxtys web site Need A Ticket have them on sale at the moment.. Rolling Eyes

Dublin GG News - Page 22 Smiley20..There will be plenty of tickets available in the final days...You lads won't be stuck, all your ancestors down the country will be looking after ye'..... Wink
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:32 pm

Now that the GAA have joined forces with Dessie ... I mean the GPA, Dublin should get at least 7 All Stars in both codes ...... Laughing
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:33 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:Now that the GAA have joined forces with Dessie ... I mean the GPA, Dublin should get at least 7 All Stars in both codes ...... Laughing

Is that 3+4 or 7 in each code Question
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:35 pm

mullins wrote:
Jayo Cluxton wrote:Now that the GAA have joined forces with Dessie ... I mean the GPA, Dublin should get at least 7 All Stars in both codes ...... Laughing

Is that 3+4 or 7 in each code Question

Dessie says 7 in each ..... Laughing
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Dublin GG News - Page 22 Empty Disgrace Players Tickets For Sale

Post  mullins Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:20 pm

Every player gets 2 tickets not sure where there from sad really............

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sick that they have to sell them on the black market
Twisted Evil

Last edited by mullins on Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Royal_Girl2k9 Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:23 pm

So that's what an All Ireland ticket looks like..
Royal_Girl2k9
Royal_Girl2k9
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Meath

Back to top Go down

Dublin GG News - Page 22 Empty All-Ireland 1995 Dublin v Tyrone re-match

Post  mullins Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:19 am

It's taken more than 15 years, but the Tyrone team of 1995 will at last get the chance to reap revenge over their Dublin counterparts as the sides prepare to line out once again next month, with charity guaranteed to be the winner.

The likes of Canavan, the Lawn brothers, Cush and Logan will be on duty at O'Neill Park in Dungannon on Sunday October 2nd as they take on the side which defeated them on that fateful day at Croke Park, when Charlie Redmond forgot to leave the field and Sean McLaughlin's late equaliser was so controversially ruled out. Just to add to the occasion, Micheal O'Muireartaigh will provide live commentary on the game, which will be officiated by Paddy Russell and his original set of officials from that final day.

The game marks the highlight of a weekend of events in memory of young Cian Corrigan from Dungannon who passed away on 8th May 2009, just six weeks short of his 12th birthday from a very rare malignant spinal cord tumour and just six months after being diagnosed.
The Dublin link comes from the fact that Cian was born in Dublin and became an avid fan of the Dublin team. When he was eight, the family moved from Dublin to Dungannon, where he became immersed in the Tyrone GAA scene. He played for Dungannon Thomas Clarkes Under 10 team and he loved nothing more than being on the pitch.

It was the cruellest of blows, while waiting for surgery to remove the tumour, Cian was rendered quadraplegic, his tumour having ruptured whilst in hospital. This was an incredibly difficult thing for Cian to deal with as it became clear that he would never run onto a pitch again. However, during this time the wider GAA community were so supportive of Cian and his family and together with the Royal Victoria Hospital for Sick Children and the Northern Ireland Ambulance Service they worked to bring Cian down to Croke Park watch Tyrone play Dublin and to join in the 125th Anniversary celebrations. This was to be the last match Cian attended.

How fitting it is then that it is the two counties which mattered most to him who will come together to help raise funds for the Northern Ireland Children's Hospice.

The events will get underway on Friday September 30 with the official blessing of 'Cian's Field,' the new training facility of the Dungannon Thomas Clarke's club which is being named in his honour, while a question and answers session, hosted by Adrian Logan and featuring some of the biggest names in Ulster GAA, is sure to draw a huge crowd to McAleer's Bar later that night.

On Saturday, the action moves to the field when the Clarkes' Under-14 side, the team of which Cian was a playing member, will take on St Maur's Rush from Dublin before a family fun day gets underway. The curtain raiser to the Dublin v Tyrone showdown will be a Team Cian selection against a Celebrity Select, before the big guns of 1995 take centre stage at 3.30pm to renew acquaintances.

Further information on the events, including confirmed guest line-ups, will be available in the coming weeks, while the Facebook page can be found by searching 'Cian Corrigan's Weekend.' The response so far has been extremely positive, and a huge crowd is expected to turn out at the former fortress of Tyrone football to welcome the Boys in Blue to the Red Hand county for what they hope will be a fitting tribute to a young man for whom the GAA was such an integral part of his life.
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Royal_Girl2k9 Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:47 pm

So Sean Boylan is back in town.. Are ye worried?
Royal_Girl2k9
Royal_Girl2k9
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Meath

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:10 pm

Royal_Girl2k9 wrote:So Sean Boylan is back in town.. Are ye worried?

Now that is a good move by Meath Gaa,but why didn't you put it on Meath GT News or start a new thread that man is worthy of at least that... Wink
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  The Puke Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:29 pm

The Puke wrote:
mullins wrote:
The Puke wrote:How many of the 5 would ye be expecting to go on and win the A/I, presume the minor footballers would be the most likely

4Beat waterford in the minor S-F we will win the Minor Hurling/Football

U21 beat Cork in the final

Senior Football once we get over Saturday..

Galway are the team to beat in the 21's hurling

Ah yes, just like the minor I called this right a long way out
The Puke
The Puke
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Clare
Number of posts : 2142

Back to top Go down

Post  Royal_Girl2k9 Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:04 pm

They're having an up for the final thing in my club before the final with some of the Ex Dubs living around Ashbourne and Banty.. should be a bit of craic.
Royal_Girl2k9
Royal_Girl2k9
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Meath

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:11 pm

Royal_Girl2k9 wrote:They're having an up for the final thing in my club before the final with some of the Ex Dubs living around Ashbourne and Banty.. should be a bit of craic.

Good to see Meath getting in to the spirit of things
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Royal_Girl2k9 Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:13 pm

mullins wrote:
Royal_Girl2k9 wrote:They're having an up for the final thing in my club before the final with some of the Ex Dubs living around Ashbourne and Banty.. should be a bit of craic.

Good to see Meath getting in to the spirit of things

Well we have the resources of Michael Deegan, Barney Rock and Charlie Redmond so why not use them to our advantage...
Royal_Girl2k9
Royal_Girl2k9
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Meath

Back to top Go down

Post  jimbodub Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:15 pm

They're having an up for the final thing in my club before the final with some of the Ex Dubs living around Ashbourne and Banty.. should be a bit of craic.

That's gas.... Smile
jimbodub
jimbodub
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Dublin
Number of posts : 29

Back to top Go down

Post  Royal_Girl2k9 Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:18 pm

They did it before the hurling as well
Royal_Girl2k9
Royal_Girl2k9
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Meath

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:23 pm

I heard on the radio one day that TC's club were having a Dublin v Tyrone 1995 rematch for charity . They were looking for Dublin Bunting Dublin GG News - Page 22 654413

TC did this game happen ?
OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan
Number of posts : 3126

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:23 pm

How much are tickets? Any left? Would I be safe?
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 39 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 30 ... 39  Next