GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dublin GG News

+33
patsymc
Podger
bluearmy1
bald eagle
Parouisa
KerryKatriona
redhandman
hipster 2
Thomas Clarke
scoopmine
The Puke
jimbodub
bocerty
Real Kerry Fan
Royal_Girl2k9
Grenvile
black&white
whiterbananas
Floops
Omagh RedHand
Loyal2TheRoyal
mid-mon man
mossbags
OMAR
JimWexford
Boxtyeater
GAA-Fan
AdamG
RMDrive
Shinners
Jayo Cluxton
mugsys_barber
mullins
37 posters

Page 7 of 39 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 39  Next

Go down

Dublin GG News - Page 7 Empty Re: Dublin GG News

Post  Royal_Girl2k9 Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:53 pm

Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:Congratulations to JC and Mullins on their O'Byrne Saucer win tonight. Unfortunely, Meath fell marginally short of the une, deux, trois, trifecta over Dublin with three competitive wins in a row. But fair play to the boys in Blue, they held strong. A lively game for so early in the year.

I agree well done tonight lads. If the matches in the year keet improving from that we're in for a great championship.

COME ON YOU BOYS IN GREEN
Royal_Girl2k9
Royal_Girl2k9
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Meath
Number of posts : 1144

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:03 am

Not a bad game for the time of year and a great crowd. One thing shone through - no matter what the competition neither team likes to lose to the other! I went over to scab a cup of tea at half time and was surprised at how big some of the Meath lads were. Banty will get them much better defensively - you could see a bit of it tonight. Brogan was class again and his pass to Cullen near the end was superb. Bryan blasted over when a goal was easier and would have buried the game. Dunno where the ref got the injury time as there was none - must've thought it'd be a replay! Shane O'Rourke is a hard man to mark (could have seen red too) but his shooting tonight - same as a lot of teammates - was awful. In truth Meath should have won - Dubs did not come out in 2nd half - but Meath's wide count was awful.

On the way to the car I bumped into Whelo and his young lad. He was very happy with the win - 'always good to keep Meath down' he reckoned. True ....
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:58 pm

Really enjoyed this game typical Dublin/Meath clash...Lived up to last years games in the O'Byrne cup. We totally controlled the game and yet went to throw it away in the last few mins,thought the penalty was a joke just a GAA ref trying to give the fans Hypothermia..Think Meath will take more out of this game,i was inpressed with the Meath 9/13 thought they had good games..Good to see a few of the older Dubs showing a bit of hunger hopefully this is a good sign going forward..

Many of our greats never won the shield,this must be a golden generation for the Dubs

Next up a trip to the UK..Come on the Dubs Rolling Eyes
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2954

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:01 pm

Dunno mullins - I thought we didn't come out for the 2nd half at all. Meath had all the possession and chances. If they had the shooting boots on we'd have been bet!!!
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Royal_Girl2k9 Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:13 pm

We were well better in the second half Mullins like if Joe and Shane O'Rourke hadn't missed as much we woulda hammered yous. Very happy with Bryan Menton (Meath no. 6) as he did well at centre half back and when he was moved back to full when Kevin Reilly went off injured. Yous won a lot around mid field and this has been a major problem area for us and our defence is still very shakey. Happy enough with the performance anyways though as it was a major improvement on our other matches this year, I think Meath/Dublin matches bring the best out in all players even at this time of year and hopefully we'll be meeting yous again in the championship before the year is done as it would really make for an interesting match.

COME ON YOU BOYS IN GREEN
Royal_Girl2k9
Royal_Girl2k9
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Meath

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:13 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:Dunno mullins - I thought we didn't come out for the 2nd half at all. Meath had all the possession and chances. If they had the shooting boots on we'd have been bet!!!

I thought we were playing within ourselves,after all it was a challenge game never thought we were going to lose,as for Meaths wides ain't our problem Shocked
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Royal_Girl2k9 Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:16 pm

mullins wrote:
Jayo Cluxton wrote:Dunno mullins - I thought we didn't come out for the 2nd half at all. Meath had all the possession and chances. If they had the shooting boots on we'd have been bet!!!

I thought we were playing within ourselves,after all it was a challenge game never thought we were going to lose,as for Meaths wides ain't our problem Shocked

You never though yous would lose even though yous lost a 6 point lead for the match to go to extra time? Oh god yeah I'd say confidence must have been high going into those 20 minutes.
Royal_Girl2k9
Royal_Girl2k9
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Meath

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:21 pm

Royal_Girl2k9 wrote:
mullins wrote:

You never though yous would lose even though yous lost a 6 point lead for the match to go to extra time? Oh god yeah I'd say confidence must have been high going into those 20 minutes.

No never.. Razz We Are Dublin Believe..
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Royal_Girl2k9 Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:23 pm

mullins wrote:
Royal_Girl2k9 wrote:
mullins wrote:

On the contary, "we" are not Dublin, you lot are.
Royal_Girl2k9
Royal_Girl2k9
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Meath

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:26 pm

Royal_Girl2k9 wrote:
mullins wrote:
Royal_Girl2k9 wrote:
mullins wrote:

And thank god for that Suspect
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Royal_Girl2k9 Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:31 pm

mullins wrote:
Royal_Girl2k9 wrote:
mullins wrote:
Royal_Girl2k9 wrote:
mullins wrote:

And thank god for that Suspect

I'd be a class dub if I was unfortunate to have been born that way inclined
Royal_Girl2k9
Royal_Girl2k9
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Meath

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:12 pm

Dublin will parade the O'Byrne Shield tonight down O'Connell St tonight at 7 in the open topped double decker. Should be a big crowd I reckon .....
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:50 pm

[img]Dublin GG News - Page 7 Shield11[/img]
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:21 pm

From Hill16 Website
Seán Murray will make his league starting debut for Dublin in Saturday night’s Allianz Football League clash with Armagh in the Athletic Grounds (7.30).
Dublin U21 Murray was handed the difficult full-back duties during Dublin’s programme of games during January and has been rewarded for his labours with a starting berth on the edge of the square.
With Ger Brennan ruled out through the injury he suffered in last Saturday’s O’Byrne Shield final victory over Meath, James McCarthy comes into the team at centre-back.

Injury update:
Ger Brennan damaged ankle ligaments last week against Meath and will be out for three to four weeks.
Philly McMahon has a foot injury and will be unavailable for a further month.
Darragh Nelson has strained a thigh muscle and will require at least two more weeks’ recovery.
Ross McConnell will be unavailable for at least four more weeks after his recovery from a hip injury.
Eamon Fennell has a similar injury and is about six weeks away from training fully.
Paul Brogan is facing at least four weeks recovery after his injury sustained in the annual Dubs Stars match.
Paul Conlon, James Brogan and Hugh Gill are on the road back from groin injuries treated over the winter. All three should be back within the next few weeks. Paul Conlon commenced full training this week.
Nicky Devereux has torn muscles in his shoulder and is up to two months away from playing.
No Kilmacud Crokes players were considered for this game due to their involvement in the All Ireland Club Championship.

DUBLIN (SF v Armagh)
Stephen Cluxton
(Parnell’s)
Alan Hubbard Seán Murray Michael Fitzsimons
(Ballymun Kickhams) (St Brigid’s) (Cuala)
Declan Lally James McCarthy Paul Casey (Captain)
(St Brigid’s) (Ballymun Kickhams) (Lucan Sarsfields)
Michael Darragh Macauley Denis Bastick
(Ballyboden St Enda’s) (Templeogue Synge St)
Bryan Cullen Kevin McManamon Diarmuid Connolly
(Skerries Harps) (St Jude’s) (St Vincent’s)
Tomás Quinn Eoghan O’Gara Bernard Brogan
(St Vincent’s) (Templeogue Synge St) (St Oliver Plunkett’s/Eoghan Ruadh)

Subs:
The substitutes will be announced before the game.

Hard to know how this back 6 will work out..Midfield and forwards look strong great to see so many scoring forwards in the front 6......The way the team is set up i would guess it will be all out swagger... Arrow
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Dublin GG News - Page 7 Empty David Hickey

Post  mullins Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:18 pm

Tom Humphries does a good piece with David Hickey good read..

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:52 am

Can we beat Cork? Yes!
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:28 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:Can we beat Cork? Yes!

Jc i would be very hopeful of doing well against Cork on saturday-Our main problem is Midfield which is a real grey area for Dublin at the moment..But the way modern football has changed you can win games bypassing Midfield..If we can get back to the levels we played at v Armagh should make for a good game.

Will be a big test for the back 6 if that remains the same for this game..The forwards will do damage if they get enough ball- looking forward to it can't wait to see jedward live

Laughing
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:17 pm

Ok we had the rugby and the soccer on the sacred turf - and the English rugby team and all that entails - before we trounced them! But Jedward - FFS - a pair of talentless clowns. They will be the most useless midfield pairing to appear in Croker since Meath played there in last years QF ....
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Real Kerry Fan Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:33 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:Ok we had the rugby and the soccer on the sacred turf - and the English rugby team and all that entails - before we trounced them! But Jedward - FFS - a pair of talentless clowns. They will be the most useless midfield pairing to appear in Croker since Meath played there in last years QF ....

No. Foster and Allen 1988. Very Happy
Real Kerry Fan
Real Kerry Fan
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Kerry
Number of posts : 1396

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:35 pm

Real Kerry Fan wrote:No. Foster and Allen 1988. Very Happy

Foster and Allen had more talent in the tip of their leperchaun hats that those insufferable coiffured cods.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:05 pm

When is Dublin V Kerry and is it in Croker? Considering taking a trip up.

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois
Number of posts : 2239

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:08 pm

Jonsmith wrote:When is Dublin V Kerry and is it in Croker? Considering taking a trip up.

Do you think thats advisable Shocked 26/2/2011
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:11 pm

v Kerry on Sat 26th at 7.30pm - as the election counts are pouring in!! Link below is good - just change it to whatever county/code you want!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:39 am

My mate in the Dublin County Board tells me that the Kerry Co Board has returned their full allocation of tickets for Saturday week's League game in Croker unsold. The Dublin Co Board will now make the 3 tickets available for general sale .....
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:15 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:My mate in the Dublin County Board tells me that the Kerry Co Board has returned their full allocation of tickets for Saturday week's League game in Croker unsold. The Dublin Co Board will now make the 3 tickets available for general sale .....

Apparently Dublin are trying to get this game postponed, Bernard Brogan has some very important advertising gig and Fennell is booked for a modelling photo shoot that night. It's a wonder they find time for the bit of football at all....

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois
Number of posts : 2239

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 39 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 39  Next