GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Today I realised (again)...

5 posters

Go down

Today I realised (again)... Empty Today I realised (again)...

Post  SamiPremier08 Mon May 10, 2010 9:00 pm

...just how good hurling is.

What with it being raining and having nothing to do myself and the lads decided to decamp to the computers in the ingeniously named 'Independent Learning Centre'. Whilst they all set about with homework and the like, I happily sat back to watch highlights of the NHL final on Sunday Sport via the RTE.ie GAA media player.

As everyone else in the place chatted about soccer I realised just how bloody good the game of hurling is and how so many people are missing out on it.

This actually made me quite angry, especially when the member of staff nearby, during a conversation about the entertainment value of Formula One with another guy, retorted that "anything is more exciting than the Irish rubbish Sam is watching."

Luckily she didn't quite catch my wholly inappropriate reply of "F*** off!"
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary
Number of posts : 2682

Back to top Go down

Today I realised (again)... Empty Re: Today I realised (again)...

Post  hag and cheese Wed May 12, 2010 10:58 pm

Sami you would have been well entitled to give that lad a clip on the ear even better get you hurley out to him the next time.... but what can you say about a crowd like that only igcnorance is bliss
hag and cheese
hag and cheese
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Tipperary
Number of posts : 112

Back to top Go down

Post  6inarow Sun May 23, 2010 3:43 pm

The entertainment value of Formula 1? She really should be on the stage with lines like that!

In my opinion the dullest sport (is it really a sport?) of them all, cars going round in circles and no surprise the one that's in the quickest car generally wins.

Formula 1 is the only thing that ever makes me want to turn over and watch the other pet hate . . . Golf!!!

6inarow
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Galway
Number of posts : 263

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Mon May 24, 2010 11:22 am

6inarow wrote:The entertainment value of Formula 1? She really should be on the stage with lines like that!

In my opinion the dullest sport (is it really a sport?) of them all, cars going round in circles and no surprise the one that's in the quickest car generally wins.

Formula 1 is the only thing that ever makes me want to turn over and watch the other pet hate . . . Golf!!!

6inarow - good to see you back lad cheers cheers cheers cheers
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  up.the.oak.trees Mon May 24, 2010 4:14 pm

SamiPremier08 wrote: "anything is more exciting than the Irish rubbish Sam is watching."

Luckily she didn't quite catch my wholly inappropriate reply of "F*** off!"

Typical, Knocking down his own. I know what I would of done any ways, I would of 'interupted' the conversation I 'overheard' and spoke my wee mind. Then that fool of an eejit of a bert of a man would wish he never opened his mouth.H Zoooooooom
up.the.oak.trees
up.the.oak.trees
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Doire
Number of posts : 375

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down