GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tipp won't win the All Ireland in 2010

+9
mullins
RMDrive
Loyal2TheRoyal
The Puke
Purple
SamiPremier08
clash-of-da-ash
Corner Forward
darragh
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Tipp won't win the All Ireland in 2010 - Page 2 Empty Re: Tipp won't win the All Ireland in 2010

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:02 pm

Off last year's All-Ireland starting team,

Drop:

Michael Kavanagh, John Tennyson, Derek Lyng, Richie Hogan and Henry Sheflin

And Replace them with:

John Dalton, Noel Hickey, Cha Fitzpatrick, TJ Reid and Michael Grace.

Kilkenny would still stoll in for Liam number five. You Munster lads are codding yourselves if you think you can beat Kilkenny. There's unbelievable depth there. If Davey found a few backs in Waterford, he'd have a chance. But thats it.
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath
Number of posts : 3089

Back to top Go down

Tipp won't win the All Ireland in 2010 - Page 2 Empty Re: Tipp won't win the All Ireland in 2010

Post  clash-of-da-ash Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:04 pm

RMDrive wrote:
mullins wrote:
RMDrive wrote:Are Tipp not a bit clear of the chasing posse for that 2nd place?
No Galway will pose the biggest danger to the cats this year..

Have I not heard that a lot recently yet it's never come to pass. Will this be the year that Galway finally live up to expectations?

Lets hope so, we have David Collins and Iarla Tannian back from injury and have added 2-3 more good players like Cahalan at midfield. If we can stay more or less injury free we have a chance, the injuries to Cullinane and Kavanagh last year proved to be our downfall as epecting players who hadn't played championship before to come straight in against Waterford was asking a bit too much.
clash-of-da-ash
clash-of-da-ash
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

East Galway
Number of posts : 1932

Back to top Go down

Post  Corner Forward Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:08 pm

clash-of-da-ash wrote:
RMDrive wrote:
mullins wrote:

Have I not heard that a lot recently yet it's never come to pass. Will this be the year that Galway finally live up to expectations?

Lets hope so, we have David Collins and Iarla Tannian back from injury and have added 2-3 more good players like Cahalan at midfield. If we can stay more or less injury free we have a chance, the injuries to Cullinane and Kavanagh last year proved to be our downfall as epecting players who hadn't played championship before to come straight in against Waterford was asking a bit too much.

If Galway keep up the puke hurling they played last year they may well pull and drag their way to an All-Ireland final.

Don't get me wrong, i like an awful lot about galway hurling, but that ***** McIntyre had ye playing last year wasn't Galway hurling.
Corner Forward
Corner Forward
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Clare
Number of posts : 45

Back to top Go down

Post  clash-of-da-ash Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:11 pm

What was puke about it. Its a bit like the winning hurling KK play, it doesn't matter how they play its the winning that counts. Galway had been playing that lovely to watch hurling for a few years, it looks great when they pull it off like against KK in 05 but most of the time it turns into a disaster, like against KK 04 and 06 etc.
clash-of-da-ash
clash-of-da-ash
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

East Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:16 pm

Galway will never beat the Kilkenny team in its current format.

The thought of such a victory would get to them and they would go to pieces. Thats effectively what happened around the 50th minute of the match last year. The idea of them winning went to their heads in a way.

Now Waterford are a different story. If by a fair stretch of a fluke, Waterford found themselves in with a chance of beating the Cats in the last ten minutes of a game, then I could see them pulling it off. There'd be too many wily old heads in that Waterford team for them to let a chance of beating Kilkenny slip, Eoin Kelly, Stephen Molumphy, John Mullane, Brick Walsh, the likes of them could see it out.

But they're badly lacking in defence, and another half-forward might not go astray. You never what Davey might dig up though. I'd make Waterford the leading challengers to Kilkenny, albeit with a lot of ground to make up.
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath
Number of posts : 3089

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:21 pm

RMDrive wrote:
mullins wrote:

Is there another county better equipped to beat the cats- tipp won't get back to where they were at last year..Cork hard to know where there at..

Galway and canning to collect liam but thats only my opinion Tipp won't win the All Ireland in 2010 - Page 2 Icon_biggrin
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2954

Back to top Go down

Post  Corner Forward Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:13 pm

clash-of-da-ash wrote:What was puke about it. Its a bit like the winning hurling KK play, it doesn't matter how they play its the winning that counts. Galway had been playing that lovely to watch hurling for a few years, it looks great when they pull it off like against KK in 05 but most of the time it turns into a disaster, like against KK 04 and 06 etc.

Ah it was awful to watch. The Cork and the Waterford games in particular. Third man tackles, grabbing lads around the neck and draggin them down, pretty much everything you don't want to see in a game of hurling. You're right about Kilkenny starting it, and to be fair to Loughnane he called it about two years before everyone else started talking about it.

I suppose the difference is Kilkenny are still an outstanding team playing a physical game, whereas Galway were doing it without playing any particularly good hurling to balance it out. The hurling Galway played against Kilkenny in 2007 was the best they played in nearly 20 years, and that was when Kilkenny were approaching their peak. I don't know what happened that winter because they seem to have been going backwards ever since.
Corner Forward
Corner Forward
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Clare
Number of posts : 45

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:56 pm

Corner Forward wrote:
clash-of-da-ash wrote:What was puke about it. Its a bit like the winning hurling KK play, it doesn't matter how they play its the winning that counts. Galway had been playing that lovely to watch hurling for a few years, it looks great when they pull it off like against KK in 05 but most of the time it turns into a disaster, like against KK 04 and 06 etc.

Ah it was awful to watch. The Cork and the Waterford games in particular. Third man tackles, grabbing lads around the neck and draggin them down, pretty much everything you don't want to see in a game of hurling. You're right about Kilkenny starting it, and to be fair to Loughnane he called it about two years before everyone else started talking about it.

I suppose the difference is Kilkenny are still an outstanding team playing a physical game, whereas Galway were doing it without playing any particularly good hurling to balance it out. The hurling Galway played against Kilkenny in 2007 was the best they played in nearly 20 years, and that was when Kilkenny were approaching their peak. I don't know what happened that winter because they seem to have been going backwards ever since.

Thats post is not a tad unfair and bears consideration - fair play.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Mon May 24, 2010 6:42 pm

These Clare and Limerick lads didn't last too long over here Tipp won't win the All Ireland in 2010 - Page 2 Icon_razz Tipp won't win the All Ireland in 2010 - Page 2 Icon_razz
Spoofers and fairly lame ones at that

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway
Number of posts : 3405

Back to top Go down

Post  SamiPremier08 Mon May 24, 2010 6:52 pm

mossbags wrote:These Clare and Limerick lads didn't last too long over here Tipp won't win the All Ireland in 2010 - Page 2 Icon_razz Tipp won't win the All Ireland in 2010 - Page 2 Icon_razz

very...errr...effective advertising there mossbags!
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary
Number of posts : 2682

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Mon May 24, 2010 6:56 pm

SamiPremier08 wrote:
mossbags wrote:These Clare and Limerick lads didn't last too long over here Tipp won't win the All Ireland in 2010 - Page 2 Icon_razz Tipp won't win the All Ireland in 2010 - Page 2 Icon_razz

I knew they wouldn't last Sami, no bottle or balls in either of those counties. We sent them packin' from here good n' proper. I'd say that Clare-hurlers used to be an internet dating site or something by the looks of some of the posting on there.
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  SamiPremier08 Mon May 24, 2010 6:57 pm

mossbags wrote:
SamiPremier08 wrote:

I knew they wouldn't last Sami, no bottle or balls in either of those counties. We sent them packin' from here good n' proper. I'd say that Clare-hurlers used to be an internet dating site or something by the looks of some of the posting on there.

I think the guy on this thread used his username to indicate the quality of his posts
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Mon May 24, 2010 7:41 pm

True Sami, you gave that Puke lad one hell of a beating when he was on here. Be surprised he we see him back here after the way you took him to town.
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  clash-of-da-ash Mon May 24, 2010 8:07 pm

Whats TFK Moss?
clash-of-da-ash
clash-of-da-ash
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

East Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Mon May 24, 2010 8:57 pm

clash-of-da-ash wrote:Whats TFK Moss?
The Free Kick.com.......A website for sport, banter and other assorted "hi-jinks"
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  hag and cheese Tue May 25, 2010 1:14 am

This thread kinda flew under me radar.... Firstly their not depending on benny dunne he has never been a consistant starter is brought on to slot a few points here and there like he did against cork 2 years ago, he was limited to subs appearances..... and I fairly sure although on the panel this year won't get playing time.

Also Corner i too know some players that play and sheedy dose have a stamp as you put it. He took over from babs who i'll never say a bad word about he done a lot for tipp but his methods are ould school now. Sheedy brought in a whole new back room team including a fitness and conditioning coach (kildare man) one of the first managers to do so and has introduced new training methods. You'll also see that tipps style of play has become more physical, physically fair also you see that the use of short to medium lenght stick passes are more prevelent.... they combatted corks midfield by playing them at their own game midfielders that move with the ball. Also you'll see center back in his style of play is less of a man marking job but move of a sweeping job. The only place where i don't think his game plan is complete is the half forward line has great hurlers there but drift in and out of game.
hag and cheese
hag and cheese
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Tipperary
Number of posts : 112

Back to top Go down

Post  SamiPremier08 Tue May 25, 2010 1:34 pm

Tipp have come on leaps and bounds under Sheedy, from my experiences of watching Tipp in action (unfortunately somewhat limited due to location) I've seen them go from playing a fairly hopeless game involving pucking the sliotar up and down the field with no real intention to playing a fast, short passing, more intelligent game.

There is still work to be done and a rather large obstacle by the name of Cork in the way but I wouldn't say there's no chance of Tipp winning Liam this year.
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Tue May 25, 2010 10:46 pm

Tipp won't win the All Ireland in 2010 - Page 2 Tipperarywallpaperbaselcant figure out how to make this thing any smaller
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  hag and cheese Wed May 26, 2010 1:24 am

Where as galway is the home of joe canning and Cryptosporidium.... there's definately something in the water around there. Tipp won't win the All Ireland in 2010 - Page 2 Icon_wink
hag and cheese
hag and cheese
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Tipperary
Number of posts : 112

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2