GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tipp won't win the All Ireland in 2010

+9
mullins
RMDrive
Loyal2TheRoyal
The Puke
Purple
SamiPremier08
clash-of-da-ash
Corner Forward
darragh
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Tipp won't win the All Ireland in 2010 Empty Tipp won't win the All Ireland in 2010

Post  darragh Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:28 pm

I liked the cute of the pukes threads gib so I hope he doesnt mind me stepping in to start it up again.

I believe that as long as Tipp are depending on people like Benny Dunne they'll never win an All Ireland. I also would question Liam Sheedys soundness and his ability to take them to an All Ireland.

Thats my opinion. So be it.
darragh
darragh
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Da Kingdom
Number of posts : 55

Back to top Go down

Tipp won't win the All Ireland in 2010 Empty Re: Tipp won't win the All Ireland in 2010

Post  Corner Forward Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:43 pm

I agree, contrary to popular opinion I think they've missed their
chance. I was one of the few who was saying they could beat Kilkenny
last year when most people said they hadn't a chance, and they would
have beaten them but for that terrible penalty decision. I would expect
them to go backwards from here and I think the Dublin performance shows
the process has already started.
Corner Forward
Corner Forward
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Clare
Number of posts : 45

Back to top Go down

Tipp won't win the All Ireland in 2010 Empty Re: Tipp won't win the All Ireland in 2010

Post  clash-of-da-ash Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:43 pm

Tipp were hyped up by the media to make the hurling championship more exciting, it was either tha or talk about the 4 in a row and how nobody has a chance against KK.
clash-of-da-ash
clash-of-da-ash
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

East Galway
Number of posts : 1932

Back to top Go down

Post  darragh Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:47 pm

I truly hope Cork can limp to a meeting with KK this year, that'll really put that shower of lepjacks in their place once and for all with a beating that will send both Ogs back to "Cark boy" with their tails between their legs.
darragh
darragh
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Da Kingdom

Back to top Go down

Post  SamiPremier08 Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:27 pm

Lads you're overlooking the fact that Tipp came very close to beating Kilkenny in September.

Liam Sheedy has worked wonders turning Tipperary from a mediocre side under Keating into arguably the second best team in the country.

I'm not saying Tipp will win the AI for one second, but I hope Kilkenny don't so other teams have more of a platform to build on.
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary
Number of posts : 2682

Back to top Go down

Post  darragh Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:36 pm

Well you would say that wouldnt you sami? Tipp won't win the All Ireland in 2010 Icon_biggrin
darragh
darragh
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Da Kingdom

Back to top Go down

Post  SamiPremier08 Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:38 pm

darragh wrote:Well you would say that wouldnt you sami? Tipp won't win the All Ireland in 2010 Icon_biggrin

yep Very Happy

mainly because it's true...
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary

Back to top Go down

Post  Purple Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:47 pm

Watch Limerick.

Purple
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Limerick
Number of posts : 13

Back to top Go down

Post  SamiPremier08 Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:49 pm

Purple wrote:Watch Limerick.

I have always considered Limerick as the dark horse - you never know what you'll get!
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary

Back to top Go down

Post  darragh Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:53 pm

Purple wrote:Watch you wallet in Limerick.

I fixed that for you purple.
darragh
darragh
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Da Kingdom

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:59 pm

darragh wrote:
Purple wrote:Watch your wallet in Limerick.

I fixed that for you purple.

Fixed that for ya Darragh.

Back to top Go down

Post  Corner Forward Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:03 pm

It's widely known that Liam Sheedy is little more than a figurehead in the Tipp setup anyway, a likeable guy certainly, but it's Eamon O'Shea who is the brains behind the operation. The way Tipp play very much bears his stamp, I'm not sure if Sheedy owns a stamp.
Corner Forward
Corner Forward
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Clare

Back to top Go down

Post  SamiPremier08 Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:04 pm

Corner Forward wrote:It's widely known that Liam Sheedy is little more than a figurehead in the Tipp setup anyway, a likeable guy certainly, but it's Eamon O'Shea who is the brains behind the operation. The way Tipp play very much bears his stamp, I'm not sure if Sheedy owns a stamp.

What a stupid statement.
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary

Back to top Go down

Post  Corner Forward Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:06 pm

SamiPremier08 wrote:
Corner Forward wrote:It's widely known that Liam Sheedy is little more than a figurehead in the Tipp setup anyway, a likeable guy certainly, but it's Eamon O'Shea who is the brains behind the operation. The way Tipp play very much bears his stamp, I'm not sure if Sheedy owns a stamp.

What a stupid statement.

It's the truth, I know plenty of Tipp lads who've trained for both and they would say exactly that. Sheedy is a nice guy though.
Corner Forward
Corner Forward
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Clare

Back to top Go down

Post  SamiPremier08 Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:07 pm

Corner Forward wrote:
SamiPremier08 wrote:

What a stupid statement.

It's the truth, I know plenty of Tipp lads who've trained for both and they would say exactly that. Sheedy is a nice guy though.

I'm not disputing your point CF, just an odd turn of phrase Razz I agree that Sheedy does have a great team behind him.
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary

Back to top Go down

Post  Corner Forward Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:09 pm

SamiPremier08 wrote:
Corner Forward wrote:
SamiPremier08 wrote:

What a stupid statement.

I'm not disputing your point CF, just an odd turn of phrase Razz I agree that Sheedy does have a great team behind him.

Sheedy is, by all accounts, stampless.
Corner Forward
Corner Forward
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Clare

Back to top Go down

Post  The Puke Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:56 pm

Corner Forward wrote:
SamiPremier08 wrote:
Corner Forward wrote:
SamiPremier08 wrote:

What a stupid statement.

Sheedy works in a bank so must own a stamp
The Puke
The Puke
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Clare
Number of posts : 2142

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:04 pm

Tipperary have the potential to win an All-Ireland. They came so close last year, and they have a great team and management in place. I don't think Kilkenny's dominance will continue, they aren't the same strength force they were a couple of years ago. They're still phenominal though. I for one, would love to see another county win it next year-I'd love to see Galway win it, I think it'll be a few years yet for them though. Tipperary would be my favourite next year to win Liam.

Back to top Go down

Post  Corner Forward Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:32 pm

The Puke wrote:
Corner Forward wrote:
SamiPremier08 wrote:
Corner Forward wrote:
SamiPremier08 wrote:

What a stupid statement.

Sheedy works in a bank so must own a stamp

He has a tie and a badge alright but I think he's exams to pass to get the stamp.
Corner Forward
Corner Forward
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Clare

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:43 pm

I think Kilkenny could be better than ever in 2010.

With the Ballyhale lads missing, PJ Delaney, Willie Dwyer, John Dalton, Canice Hickey, Paddy Hogan, Michael Grace, Colin Fennelly and Sean Cummins are all staking strong claims. The competition for places is unreal.

Cody could drop five or six lads from last year's starting All-Ireland team and still have a stronger team. The only problem position is full-back with Noel Hickey still missing. If Hickey came back as good as ever, they'd a half-back line of Walsh-Hogan/Tennyson/Tyrell-Delaney, and if thats the case nothing gets next or near them.

Tipp are just fighting it out for second place.
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath
Number of posts : 3089

Back to top Go down

Post  RMDrive Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:49 pm

Are Tipp not a bit clear of the chasing posse for that 2nd place?
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal
Number of posts : 3117

Back to top Go down

Post  The Puke Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:52 pm

Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:I think Kilkenny could be better than ever in 2010.

With the Ballyhale lads missing, PJ Delaney, Willie Dwyer, John Dalton, Canice Hickey, Paddy Hogan, Michael Grace, Colin Fennelly and Sean Cummins are all staking strong claims. The competition for places is unreal.

Cody could drop five or six lads from last year's starting All-Ireland team and still have a stronger team. The only problem position is full-back with Noel Hickey still missing. If Hickey came back as good as ever, they'd a half-back line of Walsh-Hogan/Tennyson/Tyrell-Delaney, and if thats the case nothing gets next or near them.

Tipp are just fighting it out for second place.

There is absolutely nothing to suggest that the the lads you have named above would be better than what they are replacing....It is very hard to beat experience and the battle hardness it brings, if Kilkenny were to drop 5 lads and replace them with some of the lads named above they wouldn't win Leinster....Kilkenny will be hard bet the next two or three years but when the likes of Shefflin, Noel Hickey, Brennan, JJ Delaney, Walsh and Kavanagh to name a few call it a day they will struggle.....
The Puke
The Puke
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Clare
Number of posts : 2142

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:53 pm

RMDrive wrote:Are Tipp not a bit clear of the chasing posse for that 2nd place?
No Galway will pose the biggest danger to the cats this year..
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2954

Back to top Go down

Post  clash-of-da-ash Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:54 pm

I reckon Coady will leave JJ Delaney at full-back has done a good job there over the last 3 years.
clash-of-da-ash
clash-of-da-ash
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

East Galway
Number of posts : 1932

Back to top Go down

Post  RMDrive Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:56 pm

mullins wrote:
RMDrive wrote:Are Tipp not a bit clear of the chasing posse for that 2nd place?
No Galway will pose the biggest danger to the cats this year..

Have I not heard that a lot recently yet it's never come to pass. Will this be the year that Galway finally live up to expectations?
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal
Number of posts : 3117

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next