Zlatan Ibrahimovic

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Zlatan Ibrahimovic

Post  The Puke on Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:49 am

Currently the best out and out centre forward in World Football.....

discuss
The Puke
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Clare
Number of posts : 2148

Back to top Go down

Re: Zlatan Ibrahimovic

Post  Jayo Cluxton on Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:53 am

God no! There is no doubting the guys talent but IMO his attitude has prevented him achieving more. Seems to be one of these guys who shrugs his shoulders when its not going his way and lets it get to him and his performance. Unquestionable ability but suspect temperament methinks!

GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13292

Back to top Go down

Post  The Puke on Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:55 am

Jayo Cluxton wrote:God no! There is no doubting the guys talent but IMO his attitude has prevented him achieving more. Seems to be one of these guys who shrugs his shoulders when its not going his way and lets it get to him and his performance. Unquestionable ability but suspect temperament methinks!

up to three or four years ago that was true but in his last two year with Inter and while he has been fully fit at Barcelona this season he has been excellent....Capello rates him as good a player as Van Basten and going by his time with England he doesn't rate Rooney as an out and out striker, played on the left tonight against Egypt
The Puke
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Clare

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton on Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:01 am

The Puke wrote:up to three or four years ago that was true but in his last two year with Inter and while he has been fully fit at Barcelona this season he has been excellent....Capello rates him as good a player as Van Basten and going by his time with England he doesn't rate Rooney as an out and out striker, played on the left tonight against Egypt

Yep fair enough TP - I think Mourinho rates him as the best in the world. He's 29 now I think - so he should be copping on a bit Razz . I always liked him as a player - great skill - but his tempeament always bugged me - as it has done with many players with a similar nature. But agreed - he seems to have let his footall do the talking in recent years. However internationally - albeit Sweden are not a top power - he has not been outstanding in major tournaments I feel.

GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  The Puke on Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:04 am

Jayo Cluxton wrote:
The Puke wrote:up to three or four years ago that was true but in his last two year with Inter and while he has been fully fit at Barcelona this season he has been excellent....Capello rates him as good a player as Van Basten and going by his time with England he doesn't rate Rooney as an out and out striker, played on the left tonight against Egypt

Yep fair enough TP - I think Mourinho rates him as the best in the world. He's 29 now I think - so he should be copping on a bit Razz . I always liked him as a player - great skill - but his tempeament always bugged me - as it has done with many players with a similar nature. But agreed - he seems to have let his footall do the talking in recent years. However internationally - albeit Sweden are not a top power - he has not been outstanding in major tournaments I feel.

Scored a very good late goal against Italy at euro 2004 that very few players would have scored, IIRC he went into WC 2006 injured....He will right any wrongs people have about him come the end of may when he inspires Barca to back to back champions leagues
The Puke
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Clare

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton on Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:07 am

He may well do but in fairness the reservations have some foundation - most of which were 'self inflicted'. Good to see a good player playing to his true ability though.

GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  SamiPremier08 on Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:56 am

Shocked no way
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary
Number of posts : 2683

Back to top Go down

Post  Purple on Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:14 am

Zaltan is far and away d best striker in d world right now man.
He's got some deadly tricks.

Purple
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Limerick
Number of posts : 13

Back to top Go down

Post  Finbarr on Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:18 am

Who's he play centre forward for?
Sounds like a mayo man to me boy.

Finbarr
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Cork
Number of posts : 12

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:08 pm

29 years of age and last week was the first time he scored during the business end of the CL

Back to top Go down

Post  redhandman on Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:12 pm

interesting comparison to rooney there - if i was picking a team i know who i would have and it would be your man with a name that a scrabble champion would love! rooney offers so much more with effort tackling holding the ball up and he is on a hot streak at the minute. the season CR got 42 goals he had only one more than rooney has at the same stage this season.
redhandman
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

tyrone
Number of posts : 546

Back to top Go down

Post  Corner Forward on Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:15 pm

redhandman wrote:interesting comparison to rooney there - if i was picking a team i know who i would have and it would be your man with a name that a scrabble champion would love! rooney offers so much more with effort tackling holding the ball up and he is on a hot streak at the minute. the season CR got 42 goals he had only one more than rooney has at the same stage this season.

That doesn't make much sense. You would want Ibrahimovic but Rooney offers much more? I agree that Rooney is far superior to Zlatan but I wouldn't pick Zlatan for that same reason.
Corner Forward
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Clare
Number of posts : 45

Back to top Go down

Post  darragh on Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:16 pm

Theres noone to touch Zlatan, name a stage the man hasnt done it on? Anyone who thinks otherwise is a bluffer, and I hate bluffers
darragh
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Da Kingdom
Number of posts : 55

Back to top Go down

Post  RMDrive on Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:17 pm

Corner Forward wrote:
redhandman wrote:interesting comparison to rooney there - if i was picking a team i know who i would have and it would be your man with a name that a scrabble champion would love! rooney offers so much more with effort tackling holding the ball up and he is on a hot streak at the minute. the season CR got 42 goals he had only one more than rooney has at the same stage this season.

That doesn't make much sense. You would want Ibrahimovic but Rooney offers much more? I agree that Rooney is far superior to Zlatan but I wouldn't pick Zlatan for that same reason.

Presume there's a " 'nt" missing from his post.
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal
Number of posts : 3126

Back to top Go down

Post  redhandman on Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:17 pm

wouldnt sorry wouldnt!!!
redhandman
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

tyrone
Number of posts : 546

Back to top Go down

Post  The Puke on Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:23 pm

Rooney isn't an out and out centre forward.....Sven, McLaren, Sir Alex and Capello all agree on this, but some of the "experts" on here think different.....
The Puke
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Clare

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle on Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:24 pm

Not half as good a centre foward as Sean Purcell to be honest.

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire
Number of posts : 2764

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:31 pm

darragh wrote:Theres noone to touch Zlatan, name a stage the man hasnt done it on? Anyone who thinks otherwise is a bluffer, and I hate bluffers

What about Paidí

Back to top Go down

Post  mugsys_barber on Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:32 pm

bald eagle wrote:Not half as good a centre foward as Sean Purcell to be honest.

Ibrahimovic Not in the same league as Bendtner either!
mugsys_barber
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Tyrone
Number of posts : 551

Back to top Go down

Post  darragh on Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:33 pm

Ruanua wrote:
darragh wrote:Theres noone to touch Zlatan, name a stage the man hasnt done it on? Anyone who thinks otherwise is a bluffer, and I hate bluffers

What about Paidí

Paidi is part of the trinity, he'll not be touched.
darragh
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Da Kingdom

Back to top Go down

Post  city centre hedgehog on Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:36 pm

best player in the world - just ahead of the prince of rome - totti

2 all time greats

city centre hedgehog
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

fingal
Number of posts : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  darragh on Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:38 pm

city centre hedgehog wrote:best player in the world - just ahead of the prince of rome - totti

2 all time greats

cheers

This fela knows his stuff. Only in a country like Italy could they overlook someone like Cassano too.
darragh
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Da Kingdom

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle on Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:42 pm

darragh wrote:
city centre hedgehog wrote:best player in the world - just ahead of the prince of rome - totti

2 all time greats

This fela knows his stuff. Only in a country like Italy could they overlook someone like Cassano too.

They didn't think much of Cascarino either.

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire
Number of posts : 2764

Back to top Go down

Post  The Puke on Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:29 pm

A pleasure to watch tonight.

A truly sublime footballer.
The Puke
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Clare

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke on Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:42 pm

Yes, he was outstanding tonight. Looks fitter and sharper than he has for years. Milan looked very good, and must be considered contenders.
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone
Number of posts : 4209

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top