GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ireland-Italy

+4
SamiPremier08
Jayo Cluxton
clash-of-da-ash
Swinford2009
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Ireland-Italy Empty Ireland-Italy

Post  Swinford2009 Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:06 pm

how does everyone think we will get on this weekend against the Italians?

no doubt wer gonna win but by how much,whos gonna play well etc...
Swinford2009
Swinford2009
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Mayo
Number of posts : 269

http://mikessportsfile.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Ireland-Italy Empty Re: Ireland-Italy

Post  clash-of-da-ash Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:50 pm

Its crucial that Ireland get an early try, the last thing they want is to get dragged into a scrap as that would be playing into the Italians hands who like to put it under the jumper.
clash-of-da-ash
clash-of-da-ash
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

East Galway
Number of posts : 1932

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:59 pm

Good game to have first really cos you can try out a few things knowing you will win the game - barring a disaster which Kidney doesn't do! Good test for the scrum too as Italy have a strong scrum.

Best way to beat the Italians well is to spread the ball which will hopefully make for a good game with the backs seeing plenty of ball.

I think Kidney will be looking for a good showing at the set pieces in preparation for the tougher tests ahead. Ireland by 30+
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  clash-of-da-ash Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:08 pm

The game against France Saturday week will be the game that will decide the championship.
clash-of-da-ash
clash-of-da-ash
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

East Galway
Number of posts : 1932

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:12 pm

clash-of-da-ash wrote:The game against France Saturday week will be the game that will decide the championship.

Aye and we are real underdogs here but in typical Irish fashion the media have us home and hosed already. Ridiculous.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  SamiPremier08 Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:45 am

In order to make an accurate prediction as to who will win this game I am going to look at Ireland and Italy's latest results playing Canada...who ever did best in that game will obviously win this one too...

Laughing
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary
Number of posts : 2682

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:36 am

SamiPremier08 wrote:In order to make an accurate prediction as to who will win this game I am going to look at Ireland and Italy's latest results playing Canada...who ever did best in that game will obviously win this one too...
Ireland-Italy Icon_lol

Good thinking Sami - good thinking!!
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:18 pm

22-10 Ireland.

I can't see any big winning margins this year with the improvements in Scotland and Italy.

Lower Hogan myself, Anyone else going?

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:21 pm

Sebastian wrote:22-10 Ireland.

I can't see any big winning margins this year with the improvements in Scotland and Italy.

Lower Hogan myself, Anyone else going?

I am indeed Seba - dunno where my ticket is for as I haven't it in the lamha yet. Had a couple of offers - hope its in a daycent spot!!
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:35 pm

Seeing as Anglo and by ould pal Seanie are no longer hosting entrepreneurs and developers in their long lost corporate box I'll hardly bother going. Mixing with the proletariat in the stands is not really my prawn sandwich!!!!!!!
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:40 pm

Boxtyeater wrote:Mixing with the proletariat in the stands is not really my prawn sandwich!!!!!!!

Proletariat???????????? At a rugby match???? Ireland-Italy Icon_razz Ireland-Italy Icon_razz

You are welcome to a swig from my hip flask Boxty as I belt out Ireland's Call ...
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:49 pm

Tough comedown from the Anglo box to mullocking around, paying for food and drinks and queuing with ordinary punters who have paid for their tickets is the point I'm making....

Ah! the Celtic tiger days...... Ireland-Italy Icon_sad Ireland-Italy Icon_sad .......... Ireland-Italy Icon_wink Ireland-Italy Icon_wink
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:51 pm

Boxtyeater wrote:ordinary punters who have paid for their tickets is the point I'm making....

What? Are you telling me that people pay for tickets to see the rugby? Ireland-Italy Icon_eek Ireland-Italy Icon_eek
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:27 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:
Boxtyeater wrote:ordinary punters who have paid for their tickets is the point I'm making....

What? Are you telling me that people pay for tickets to see the rugby? Ireland-Italy Icon_eek Ireland-Italy Icon_eek

I'm not sure about this. Do the rogbee crowd charge for tickets or are they distributed through large corporations, bankers and clubs??? Somebody pays 'cos the GAA collect from somewhere...
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  GAA-Fan Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:26 am

Dont know about Ireland but anyone in England for the Ireland vs England game can watch the game in 3D at any Odeon cinema.
GAA-Fan
GAA-Fan
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

All 32
Number of posts : 3377

http://www.globalgaa.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:48 pm

Donncha is out - Leo Cullen in. Doesn't weaken the team IMO. Looking forward to it.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:28 am

Lower Hogan for me tomorrow P - enjoy!
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:44 pm

watched abouy 10 minutes of this rubbish at the start of the second half. Irish kicker just kept kicking it to italian kicker and vica versa, it was like watching tennis without the good looking russian women and short skirts. Instead we had 28 toothless men standing watching the ball go back and forth over their heads. rubbish

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:45 pm

seen about 5 miinutes of it (was at u14 training session) and it wasnt too impressive but in fairness the game was already over. Listened to about 2 minutes of George Hook in the post match analysis and it was nearly as bad.

Tried to argue that even though game was over players should still play at full pelt - why would you bother if the game is already over?????????????
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:43 pm

bocerty wrote:seen about 5 miinutes of it (was at u14 training session) and it wasnt too impressive but in fairness the game was already over. Listened to about 2 minutes of George Hook in the post match analysis and it was nearly as bad.

Tried to argue that even though game was over players should still play at full pelt - why would you bother if the game is already over?????????????

Since the demise of Anglo Irish Bank and it's corporate box facilities, I haven't bothered with this outing...
Watched it today (moderate display agin' poor opposition) but formed the opinion that Hook is a chancer.
Grumpy for grumpiness sake, unknown as a player (to me at least) yet he howls down Pope (gimp) and O'Shea who at least played the game....
Patrons of Mohill's finest hostelry and closest to the Mart (John James McKeon's)* were well impressed with Boxty's MOM nomination of David Wallace with 10 to go....

*For Jonsmith....Ideal pub thread...
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:42 pm

Poor game - dreadful second half.

Speaking of Anglo Boxty - there were only about 10% of the Corporate level in use. Nearly all of them empty - everything at the Canal End was! I thought these were paid for - but someone said it costs about €2K per use for them. Pity the seats go to waste - surely they could give them to schoolkids???

Also - I heard the spread was Ireland at evens on -21. We won by 18 and with about 10 mnutes to go had a penalty in front of the posts and elected for a scrum. If I had backed the handicap I'd have been well pi55ed off!
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:02 am

There's going to need to be a serious improvement before Paris next week if they're to stand any chance. They need to hit the ground running big style. A better team would have ran in a few tries against Ireland today. But they have a lot of big game players so hopefully they can nick it from the French.

I hear Drico is a big soccer fan so hopefully he can get some revenge for the hand of Henry!

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois
Number of posts : 2239

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:07 am

I passed Amy Huberbabe on the way in - herself and a girlfriend were asking a gobsmacked Garda for directions! Also think I saw Monsieur Barrosso in a glf buggy type thing heading into the Hogan from Jones Road! Anyone know if he was there - or was I hallicinating after my 'trip' to the head shop....
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:24 am

Jayo Cluxton wrote:I passed Amy Huberbabe on the way in - herself and a girlfriend were asking a gobsmacked Garda for directions! Also think I saw Monsieur Barrosso in a glf buggy type thing heading into the Hogan from Jones Road! Anyone know if he was there - or was I hallicinating after my 'trip' to the head shop....

The smiley board Ireland-Italy Suspect lacks quality...Suggestions are invited.. Ireland-Italy Suspect but loyalty cannot be bought!!!
Gobsh1tes like myself may/can do our own thing!!

Slán libh!!
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:25 am

Pretty poor game!

I almost predicted the right score, I got the first 2_ and the 1_ bit right. Ireland-Italy Icon_biggrin

Kearney was poor today, there seemed to a serious lack of communication between him and Trimble. That should all sorted for Paris though.

On the plus side, corner seats are the really good for rugby matches as my photography shows!

Ireland-Italy Photo010

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next