GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Come on Andy Murray

+8
Boxtyeater
bocerty
SamiPremier08
bald eagle
KerryKatriona
clash-of-da-ash
black&white
Jayo Cluxton
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Come on Andy Murray Empty Come on Andy Murray

Post  Jayo Cluxton Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:19 pm

Well fair play to the lad - into the Australian Open with only one set drop dropped. He awaits the winner of Federer and Tsonga. I really thought Tim could do it and spent many an ultimately disappointing afternoon on Henman Hill but I think Andy can finally do it! It would be great for tennis and Britain would finally have their first male grand slam champ in 74 years! C'mon Andy!
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Come on Andy Murray Empty Re: Come on Andy Murray

Post  Guest Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:30 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:Well fair play to the lad - into the Australian Open with only one set drop dropped. He awaits the winner of Federer and Tsonga. I really thought Tim could do it and spent many an ultimately disappointing afternoon on Henman Hill but I think Andy can finally do it! It would be great for tennis and Britain would finally have their first male grand slam champ in 74 years! C'mon Andy!

I couldn't think of anything better to cure the cold weather/post christmas/no money/doom and gloom/recession/strikes/budget cut blues than a victory for Andy.

I think a picture of him doing a fist pump and kissing his biceps en route to Grand Slam glory blazened across the front page of the Indo would bring a tear to even the most hardened heart. It would lift the nation and make up for the disapointment of missing out on world cup qualification

Back to top Go down

Post  black&white Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:33 pm

Personally I hope Federer blows him away (again). Not because he is British/Scottish. Just because he's such a miserable git!

He seems to lack any sort of personality at all, if you look up dull in the dictionary there's probably a picture of his miserable face under it.

And as for his style of play, one of the most negative players on the circuit. All his game involves is ensuring he returns the ball. I know that returning the ball is an important part of the game, but all of the greats will do more than just return the ball, they'll play for winners, show agression and creativity in their shot selection. Murray tends not to do these things.
Fair play to the lad, his style has been effective for him, but it's not the style of play I enjoy watching and so I for one won't be shouting for him
black&white
black&white
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Sligo
Number of posts : 1081

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:38 pm

black&white wrote:Personally I hope Federer blows him away (again). Not because he is British/Scottish. Just because he's such a miserable git!

He seems to lack any sort of personality at all, if you look up dull in the dictionary there's probably a picture of his miserable face under it.

And as for his style of play, one of the most negative players on the circuit. All his game involves is ensuring he returns the ball. I know that returning the ball is an important part of the game, but all of the greats will do more than just return the ball, they'll play for winners, show agression and creativity in their shot selection. Murray tends not to do these things.
Fair play to the lad, his style has been effective for him, but it's not the style of play I enjoy watching and so I for one won't be shouting for him

i agree, up there with bono, gerry ryan and philip jordan in terms of being a hatefull fecker

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:01 pm

black&white wrote:Fair play to the lad, his style has been effective for him, but it's not the style of play I enjoy watching and so I for one won't be shouting for him

And here was me thinking he was the Patron St of Accountants ....
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:07 pm

Ruanua wrote:
I couldn't think of anything better to cure the cold weather/post christmas/no money/doom and gloom/recession/strikes/budget cut blues than a victory for Andy.

I think a picture of him doing a fist pump and kissing his biceps en route to Grand Slam glory blazened across the front page of the Indo would bring a tear to even the most hardened heart. It would lift the nation and make up for the disapointment of missing out on world cup qualification
Come on Andy Murray 207Come on Andy Murray 207Come on Andy Murray 207
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  clash-of-da-ash Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:28 pm

Its great to see the Scottish number 1 in the final.
clash-of-da-ash
clash-of-da-ash
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

East Galway
Number of posts : 1932

Back to top Go down

Post  KerryKatriona Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:50 pm

If he wins he's British/ Loses and he becomes a Scot again.
KerryKatriona
KerryKatriona
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Kerry
Number of posts : 492

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:02 pm

So an Irishman makes the second round of a Grand Slam tennis tournament for the first time in God knows how many years and nothings mentioned yet a grumpy Jock makes a final and there's a thread on it? Hmmm.

I won't be supporting him for a couple of reasons -

1 - He has the personality of a gnatt

2 - I don't like him very much and.....

3 - I hate tennis.

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire
Number of posts : 2746

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:07 pm

black&white wrote:Personally I hope Federer blows him away (again). Not because he is British/Scottish. Just because he's such a miserable git!

Spot on brother!

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire

Back to top Go down

Post  clash-of-da-ash Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:59 pm

bald eagle wrote:So an Irishman makes the second round of a Grand Slam tennis tournament for the first time in God knows how many years and nothings mentioned yet a grumpy Jock makes a final and there's a thread on it? Hmmm.

3 - I hate tennis.

In fairness to him he laughed at himself being nominated for BBC sports personality of the year saying how boring he is.
clash-of-da-ash
clash-of-da-ash
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

East Galway
Number of posts : 1932

Back to top Go down

Post  SamiPremier08 Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:11 am

tennis is a beautiful thing...when you can put the Australian Open on live on the internet in class and only be apprehended by the teacher when they want a score update...
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary
Number of posts : 2682

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:15 am

SamiPremier08 wrote:tennis is a beautiful thing...when you can put the Australian Open on live on the internet in class and only be apprehended by the teacher when they want a score update...

Alex on the BCC update thread has just said the exact same thing !!

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:08 am

Ruanua wrote:

Come on Andy Murray Suspect Come on Andy Murray Suspect Come on Andy Murray Suspect
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:50 am

clash-of-da-ash wrote:
bald eagle wrote:So an Irishman makes the second round of a Grand Slam tennis tournament for the first time in God knows how many years and nothings mentioned yet a grumpy Jock makes a final and there's a thread on it? Hmmm.

3 - I hate tennis.

In fairness to him he laughed at himself being nominated for BBC sports personality of the year saying how boring he is.

I feel it takes the fun out of when someone admits that they're an areshole, but i do make an exception for Andy Murray!

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire

Back to top Go down

Post  SamiPremier08 Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:40 pm

Ruanua wrote:
SamiPremier08 wrote:tennis is a beautiful thing...when you can put the Australian Open on live on the internet in class and only be apprehended by the teacher when they want a score update...

I saw that as well! We had the live feed on on the computer so we were actually watching the game Laughing
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:12 am

Mr Personality is having to work very hard to even try and stay with Federer. This shows why Federer is highly regarded as they greatest ever tennis player!

6-3, 6-4, third set starting!

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:24 am

3 Sets to love to Federer, Murray got his arse handed to him on plate there!

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire

Back to top Go down

Post  SamiPremier08 Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:40 am

he's absolute rubbish.

can't finish off the simplest of shots no matter how many chances get handed to him.

British tennis is, has, and always will be completely fooked.

Last edited by SamiPremier08 on Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:45 am; edited 1 time in total
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:44 am

A bit rough there Sami, he's came up against the greatest player of his generation, not many players have had an answer for Fereder so Murray losing to him is no disgrace.

No doubt he'll be Scottish again in the trash media!!

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire

Back to top Go down

Post  SamiPremier08 Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:45 am

bald eagle wrote:A bit rough there Sami, he's came up against the greatest player of his generation, not many players have had an answer for Fereder so Murray losing to him is no disgrace.

No doubt he'll be Scottish again in the trash media!!

but...

he can't finish off the simplest of shots no matter how many chances get handed to him.

British tennis is, has, and always will be completely fooked.
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:48 am

Still Sami, it's great to be optimistic eh? The glass is half full and all!!! Laura Robson getting to a Girls Grand Slam final and Murray getting to the Grand Slam final, British tennis is well on the way out.

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire

Back to top Go down

Post  SamiPremier08 Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:59 am

bald eagle wrote:Still Sami, it's great to be optimistic eh? The glass is half full and all!!! Laura Robson getting to a Girls Grand Slam final and Murray getting to the Grand Slam final, British tennis is well on the way out.

I very much doubt it to be honest BE, apart from Murray and Robson, realistically who else is there?

Until Britain win a Wimbledon the future isn't very bright IMO. You can't do anything with two near-quality players.
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:20 pm

If British tennis is going to take the next big step I think the beeb need to drop Sue Barker.

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:21 pm

Ruanua wrote:If British tennis is going to take the next big step I think the beeb need to drop Sue Barker.

Preferably from Canary Wharf!!!!

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next