Daithi Burke

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Daithi Burke

Post  6inarow on Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:52 am

This maybe one for the Galway lads but if anyone has seen him play please feel free to offer an opinion. The question is, Daithi Burke, how serious a talent?

The family are from Turlough hence my 6inarow moniker but I get very little news about the hurling team out there, other than the seniors aren't up to much and the minors won the county title but I am hearing good things about Daithi Burke.

I was hoping to watch the minor final to have a look at him myself, unfortunately I went out on a long planned stag night on Saturday and just about made it the pub in time for the seniors!

So is it hype or is the future black and white for Galway?

6inarow
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Galway
Number of posts: 263

Back to top Go down

Re: Daithi Burke

Post  Jayo Cluxton on Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:51 am

Clash would be the man here and you might get an opinion out of Moss - mind you he's very shy and reserved.

Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts: 13292

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags on Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:11 am

Daithi said on Galway Bay fm on Monday evening that he didn't enjoy playing at FB but judging by his performances against KK and Waterford, and Galway seniors ongoing problems in this sector he's gonna have to get used to it. Along with Glennon and Cummins he's been outstanding all year. He's an inspirational type of player the way he surges out of defence and seems to have an instinctive 6th sense for reading forward play and intercepting it.
Not much time for rest for him or most of this side as they'll mostly be lining out again this wkend with the resumption of the county chship. Your boys 6inarow look to be up against it against Gort but their are definitly moving in the right direction after a dismal couple of years and after their minor success's thanks to the likes of Burke and Badger the futures bright.

One note of caution re this minor side, going on previous experience, who look the more likely to prosper at senior?, our lads or the KK lads? The Galway lads who will be over-age for minor next year, realistically only have an u-21 semi final and maybe final to look forward to next in the county jersey whereas the KK lads have a provincial chship in which to sharpen their game and bring them on. Provincial games at minor and u-21 are crucial for developing hurlers, look at Dublins success in this regard with Daly having no hesitation in bringing the likes of Rushe and Curtin through. The Co board needs to do everything it can to get Galway into these grades in Leinster(ditto Antrim CB) otherwise the same KK team we defeated last Sunday will be the same team defeating us at u-21 in a couple of years time and going on to make the grade at senior whilst our lads follow the terrible tradition here in Galway of great minors, mediocre seniors. This minor team is special and it would be a shame if we allowed that to happen to them.

mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway
Number of posts: 3409

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton on Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:15 am

Is Badger sett for a bright future ..........

Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts: 13292

Back to top Go down

Post  clash-of-da-ash on Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:22 am

The Galway minors should have another good team next year Burke,Moloney and not too sure who else are eligible again next year. The under 16 also came runners up in the Tipp supporters club tournament so should have another good team next year.

clash-of-da-ash
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

East Galway
Number of posts: 1933

Back to top Go down

Post  6inarow on Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:06 am

Thanks for the info clash, much aprecciated. Definitely agree that our teams below senior should be playing in Leinster too.

6inarow
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Galway
Number of posts: 263

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top